Around The NFL

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Wallace is a one dimensional deep threat, which is great to have, but once a player like Wallace loses a step and he can't just blow by people anymore, he's pretty much useless, whereas a BIG WR like Marshall can continue to play at a high level past his prime. Not when he's shot, but when he still has enough left in the tank to use his size and strength to make plays. Thats why the Marshall trade was a better one for us in my view. Also he's just better than Wallace.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hey 51, that report appears wrong. Bush's people saying no deal. Not even an offer.

Reggie Bush - RB - Free Agent
Free agent RB Reggie Bush left his visit with the Patriots without an offer.
Ouch. There is still a chance Bush joins New England as a cheap replacement for the departed Shane Vereen, but it is not a great sign he left without even fielding an offer. It is possible Bush has overestimated his value coming off an injury-plagued and ineffective season. With C.J. Spiller now in New Orleans, Bush is the best passing-down back still available.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
damn, they just copying our trade for marshall.

i'd much rather have marshall, and have no interest in wallace

so now miami has cut bait with pretty much their entire 2013 March Super Bowl trophy properties... :im-outta-here-bye-b

But I do think Stills runs the routes that fits Tannehill's strengths. I think this was a good move for Miami, don't you? They need WRs like Reggie Wayne, Cooper in this draft, Reggie Cobb, Golden Tate type WRs that run really quick, precise routes and get open not based on speed, but quickness and within the flow of the offense. Tannehill is never going to be the Warren Moon, Big Ben, Matt Ryan push the ball down the field type passer. Stills fits Tannehill's strengths better than Wallace's. I know they say Still's numbers were down this year because the saints used less go routes with him, but I think he runs the full route tree better than Wallace.

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
But I do think Stills runs the routes that fits Tannehill's strengths. I think this was a good move for Miami, don't you? They need WRs like Reggie Wayne, Cooper in this draft, Reggie Cobb, Golden Tate type WRs that run really quick, precise routes and get open not based on speed, but quickness and within the flow of the offense. Tannehill is never going to be the Warren Moon, Big Ben, Matt Ryan push the ball down the field type passer. Stills fits Tannehill's strengths better than Wallace's. I know they say Still's numbers were down this year because the saints used less go routes with him, but I think he runs the full route tree better than Wallace.

not so sure i agree with your assessment on stills. he seems to me to be more of a go route type of guy like wallace. he was brees' deep threat last year. i watched a bunch of saints with brees as my fantasy QB and stills didn't seem to be a complete WR. maybe more than a 1-trick pony like wallace, but personally i didn't see him as a great fit in miami

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
not so sure i agree with your assessment on stills. he seems to me to be more of a go route type of guy like wallace. he was brees' deep threat last year. i watched a bunch of saints with brees as my fantasy QB and stills didn't seem to be a complete WR. maybe more than a 1-trick pony like wallace, but personally i didn't see him as a great fit in miami

I hope you're right :)

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

There are reports out that Brees was the driving force to get Stills(and Grubbs) off the Saints. Supposedly, they are malcontents. Miami could just be replacing one headache for another only saving a lot of money with this option.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
There are reports out that Brees was the driving force to get Stills(and Grubbs) off the Saints. Supposedly, they are malcontents. Miami could just be replacing one headache for another only saving a lot of money with this option.

Read that too. Mike T and Rex picking up every problem child they can find. Feels familiar, doesn't it. I said last year if Mike T was still our GM, DJAX would have been a Jet (especially for the bargain basement price the redskins paid). Neverless, someone else's headache. We won't have to go through the season holding our breath wondering which head case blows up first.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 14h14 hours ago

WR Kenny Britt is staying with the #Rams, source said. It’s a 2-year deal worth up to almost $14M. He got 4.3M guaranteed. Wow.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 11m11 minutes ago

Kenny Britt's deal with the Rams is for two years, as @RapSheet said, but he can void it after one, based on performance.

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo · 10m10 minutes ago

So Britt can be a FA again in '16. If he is, that means he had a good year. He'd be free at 27, so still young enough to sign long-term deal

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Read that too. Mike T and Rex picking up every problem child they can find. Feels familiar, doesn't it. I said last year if Mike T was still our GM, DJAX would have been a Jet (especially for the bargain basement price the redskins paid). Neverless, someone else's headache. We won't have to go through the season holding our breath wondering which head case blows up first.

well we did trade for brandon marshall, not exactly mister warm and fuzzy

U

ucrenegade

5m
Mike Garafolo ✔ [MENTION=226]Mike[/MENTION]Garafolo

Reggie Bush has agreed to terms to join the 49ers, as @AdamSchefter said.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wow I'm shocked they released Greg jennings. IMO his productivity dropped because of Minny's lack of a QB who could actually get him the ball.