Around The NFL

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Wow I'm shocked they released Greg jennings. IMO his productivity dropped because of Minny's lack of a QB who could actually get him the ball.
Wouldn't be a bad pickup for the Jets if its affordable, and it should be.

I look at our WR depth chart and when you get past Kerley I see a whole lotta nothing. Jennings is better than every one of those scrubs, might still be better than Kerley too.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

I look at our WR depth chart and when you get past Kerley I see a whole lotta nothing. Jennings is better than every one of those scrubs, might still be better than Kerley too.

I definitely think he would be above Kerley on the depth chart. But if they sign Jennings does that stop us from drafting a Cooper or White in the draft?

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics

i disagree. jennings is a player on the decline. i'd rather leave the last WR roster spots for young guys, be it draft choices this year or last year's picks. plus jennings doesn't play special teams, and i'd rather those last spots be used for guys who can return. kerley at least returns punts and hopefully with april will be better.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
i disagree. jennings is a player on the decline. i'd rather leave the last WR roster spots for young guys, be it draft choices this year or last year's picks.
Forget about last years picks, those WR's were all wasted picks, Idzik was a dope, he drafted all UDFA caliber WR's.

This year hopefully we'll draft a WR who actually belongs in the NFL.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Forget about last years picks, those WR's were all wasted picks, Idzik was a dope, he drafted all UDFA caliber WR's.

I think I have some hope for Shaq Evans. I liked his tape out of college.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I hope you're right, E, but I'm not expecting anything out of the WR's Idzik drafted. If it happens, great, but I'm treating it like those were wasted picks by the Rich Kotite of GM's.

mykcuz

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I hope you're right, E, but I'm not expecting anything out of the WR's Idzik drafted. If it happens, great, but I'm treating it like those were wasted picks by the Rich Kotite of GM's.
Remember, Salas ran around like a man possessed before hurting his leg, and owusa looked promising. We may have at least 2 future starters that are currently unknown.
Personally I think wr with the 6 is acceptable, I'd like to have a star wr for the next 10 years, when decker and marshall are long gone.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

He is lucky he got hurt because he likely would have been cut last year. Kid dropped everything in camp. Hopefully he isn't swimming this camp like last year. I have little hope for Bradway/Idzik picks. Idzik did a good job of making sure he left all the talent in the draft for everyone else. He should have received thank you gift cards from all 31 teams by taking the only 3 bad wrs in last year's draft class.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
He should have received thank you gift cards from all 31 teams by taking the only 3 bad wrs in last year's draft class.
Really, it was hard to find three WR's who sucked in last years draft class. You could have taken the average drunken draftnik out of the Jets draft party last year, with his Mel Kiper Draft Guide, and he would have picked better WR's.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Really, it was hard to find three WR's who sucked in last years draft class. You could have taken the average drunken draftnik out of the Jets draft party last year, with his Mel Kiper Draft Guide, and he would have picked better WR's.

Truth, if you put every wr, including those that went undrafted, and put their names I n a hat and randomly selected 3 wr names, it would be impossible to to not select 1 name with more talent than our 3 wrs combined. And we had 12 picks to work with to get legit wrs. Terrible.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

This is anti-Idzik bias in the extreme. Get past your disdain for the guy and at least give Evans, Enunwa, and Owusu a chance. Don't assume they're crap just because you don't like Idzik. Owusu looked crazy good against Miami. He was lighting it up. Scrubs don't typically do that in NFL games on Sunday. I'll reserve judgment on all three before assuming we have nothing beyond Kerley.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Truth, if you put every wr, including those that went undrafted, and put their names I n a hat and randomly selected 3 wr names, it would be impossible to to not select 1 name with more talent than our 3 wrs combined. And we had 12 picks to work with to get legit wrs. Terrible.

No judge, no jury.

Execute them. That's what I expect from the anti-Idzik POV.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This is anti-Idzik bias in the extreme. Get past your disdain for the guy and at least give Evans, Enunwa, and Owusu a chance. Don't assume they're crap just because you don't like Idzik. Owusu looked crazy good against Miami. He was lighting it up. Scrubs don't typically do that in NFL games on Sunday. I'll reserve judgment on all three before assuming we have nothing beyond Kerley.

Honest question, would you add a couple "whatever" round WRs in this draft to mix with that group or do you trust them enough to not add a name or two?

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Honest question, would you add a couple "whatever" round WRs in this draft to mix with that group or do you trust them enough to not add a name or two?

I'm confident in 1-3 (Marshall, Decker, Kerley), and pretty sure between Owusu, Evans, and Enumwa that at least one will emerge. My money would be on Owusu as an early favorite, but I'm not counting either of the other two out just yet. They were middle round picks. You cannot expect players taken in the 5th and 6th rounds to be immediate contributors. They're developmental players.

Yes, we missed the boat on a couple of other WR's in last year's draft. I've acknowledged that more than once. But assuming that we've got nothing in the aforementioned WR's seems to be based more on Idzik hatred than actually giving these players a chance to develop in year two.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Owusu looked crazy good against Miami. He was lighting it up. Scrubs don't typically do that in NFL games on Sunday.
Blind, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Owusu a street free agent and not a draft pick?

I'll grant you that he looked good in that game and he might have a future, but I was specifically referring Idzik's three draft picks last year, the three WR's he drafted; Saunders, Evans and the other African name guy, those are the wasted picks I was referring too.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Blind, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Owusu a street free agent and not a draft pick?

I'll grant you that he looked good in that game and he might have a future, but I was specifically referring Idzik's three draft picks last year, the three WR's he drafted; Saunders, Evans and the other African name guy, those are the wasted picks I was referring too.

Regardless, Idzik brought in Owasu and should get credit for it. If we're going to murder him for failed picks and acquisitions, we should at least give him credit for good picks and acquisitions. Amidst all this criticism of what Idzik's done wrong, I never seem to hear about guys like Sheldon Richardson, Eric Decker, or Chris Ivory. As usual, it's where we prefer to shift our focus.

J

Jet Setter

It would be almost perfect, except I'm not sold at OLB with Quinton Coples. Too slow! I would either move him back to the line (backup) or try him at ILB.

He would likely play strong side. He's not too slow to seal the edge on the run. He's fine.