Board Participation 2 RD Mock Draft - 8 GM's Needed

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Was thinking DT or OL but COLTS TAKE ERIC KENDRICKS UCLA LB..little undersized but playmaker and active

Another high ceiling with low bust potential player. And another one of my favorites in this class. I think he starts and is one of the top defenders in this draft when all is said and done. 3 down player...a little like a young Vilma.

S

sg3

I'd like to recommend a selection for the Patriots

DB Joe Stinkball 5'4 138 7.2 40 Palooka State

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
BJ Raji has been hurt the past two years and there's nothing behind him at NT, but mainly this is a value pick for Green Bay, the value is just too much to pass up in this spot, and they can play him at end or nose in the 3-4

Green Bay selects:

Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Another high ceiling with low bust potential player. And another one of my favorites in this class. I think he starts and is one of the top defenders in this draft when all is said and done. 3 down player...a little like a young Vilma.

i wonder if he would be in play for Jets at 37?

U

ucrenegade

Brees is going to be done soon and they have no current qb that can take over so Bryce petty is the heir.

U

ucrenegade

Really wanted to go wr/oline until I noticed the qb depth chart.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Jets draftniks are smiling, this 1st round has broken pretty well for them, still a lot of good WR prospects they can grab at 37 to make Mariotta happy, also a couple of good o linemen still there and enough talent on the defensive board that they might be able to cherry pick a presumptive 1st rounder

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Really wanted to go wr/oline until I noticed the qb depth chart.
Its a bit of a reach in RD 1, but teams reach for QB's all the time so it could happen, I wouldn't be shocked if someone takes Petty with a late 1 or early 2, in fact I think he's a prime candidate to the Jets at 37 if we miss on Mariota, so again, we're not talking about a big reach here and Petty does have a big upside in my view.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Jets draftniks are smiling, this 1st round has broken pretty well for them, still a lot of good WR prospects they can grab at 37 to make Mariotta happy, also a couple of good o linemen still there and enough talent on the defensive board that they might be able to cherry pick a presumptive 1st rounder

good call on the olinemen

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
One more thing on the Petty Pick, it would really be ideal for him if he went to a team like N.O. with no pressure to play right away, where he could sit and learn from someone like Drew Brees for a few years. It may not happen, but thats the ideal situation for Petty because he has so much to learn about the pro game, coming from a one read, spread offense.

U

ucrenegade

Its a bit of a reach in RD 1, but teams reach for QB's all the time so it could happen, I wouldn't be shocked if someone takes Petty with a late 1 or early 2, in fact I think he's a prime candidate to the Jets at 37 if we miss on Mariota, so again, we're not talking about a big reach here and Petty does have a big upside in my view.

Learning behind brees and playing in a dome I didn't see it as a reach at all esp because it was not the only first rounder they had to be honest.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Learning behind brees and playing in a dome I didn't see it as a reach at all esp because it was not the only first rounder they had to be honest.
See my last post, I agree that this is the ideal situation for Petty. But again, the term "reach" is relative, reaching a little bit for QB's is the norm because its such an important position to fill. Its so important that you can't even put it on the same scale as other positions. There's basically QB, and then there's everything else.

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Just saying - this is a killer thread. Very interesting. Thoughtful. Amusing. Thank you all.

I'm thinking offensive line looks like the direction for NYJ at 37 the way this is falling. There will be WRs later, but there are a few OL worth taking here and one could should drop to us at 37.

U

ucrenegade

did you look at their WR/TE depth chart? seems a much bigger need than reaching for a possible successor to brees. at least in the 1st round.

I did and I thought about it but they still have a good te and I think they can go after a Wr next year they still have a few young ones that may develop. I just think if you can get someone to sit and learn from brees for at least 2 seasons you have to take it.