Board Participation 2 RD Mock Draft - 8 GM's Needed

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
A potential also, who is visiting Jets today..NATE ORCHARD..OLB UTAH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT-PL_9mWkY

One trick pony...but he's good at that trick...sacking the QB...he had almost 20 sacks last year alone. But he's 250, plays light and completely on speed, and hasnt held up well against the run.

As a rookie, he'll be a rotation player on passing downs only. He's be a replacement to Babin, IMO. However, he ran a 4.9 40, I think he can be got rd 3. I wouldn't reach for him at 37. If we trade down in rd 1 and get some extra picks, id consider trading into late rd 2 to get him but wouldnt reach at 37.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
I think all the guys are doing great here..thinking through......I think with this..it is apparant..if the Jets do go Mariota...all or most the edge rushers disappear quickly...

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Thinking I should choose between Jalen Collins and Byron Jones.

Thinking the Ravens select BYRON JONES CB CONNECTICUT

Thinking I won't be quitting my day job . . .
I think you're doing great and I think you chose the right guy.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
With 15 picks until the Jets pick in Round 2, here are my top 15 targets I would have as a fan watching the draft

RB Todd Gurley
RB Jay Ajayi
WR Phillip Dorsett
WR Jalen Strong
WR Devin Smith
WR Nelso Agoholr
WR Sammie Coates
TE Maxx Williams
OT TJ Clemmings
OT DJ Humphies
OT Jake Fisher
OL Cam Erving
DL Aryk Armstead
LB Eric Kendricks
CB Byron Jones

Ajayi's knee has been flagged by alot of teams...

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I think all the guys are doing great here..thinking through......I think with this..it is apparant..if the Jets do go Mariota...all or most the edge rushers disappear quickly...
There's two more left on the board who I wouldn't hesitate to take at 37, provided a much higher rated player didn't slide. We all know Eli Harold is one, but IMO there's another one whose right there with Harold in my view, its splitting hairs between the two of them, and I don't mean McKinney, though I like him too.

S

sg3

The Dallas Cowboys with the 27th pick in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft select.....

ELI HAROLD, OLB/DE VIRGINIA

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Are you sure?

Because I read later in the day that those reports were erroneous?

Depends who you believe...if his last knee injury was 4 years ago...I wouldn't think it was a concern, but Im a not a doctor...:)

NBC:

Jay Ajayi knee concerns overblown, if not fabricated

Posted by Mike Florio on April 21, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Ajayi
On Monday, CBS Sports reported that concerns emerged regarding the knee of Boise State running back Jay Ajayi at the Scouting Combine medical re-check in Indianapolis. The only problem? Ajayi wasn’t there.

Agent Erik Burkhardt said on Twitter than Ajayi didn’t attend, and wasn’t asked to attend, the medical re-check. Which implies strongly that there were no concerns about Ajayi’s knee at the original Scouting Combine in February.

And for good reason. Ajayi’s knee injury happened four years ago. In 2014, he became the first player in FBS history to rush for more than 1,800 yards and to generate more than 500 receiving yards in one season.

If those reports originate from team visits, keep in mind that very few teams engage in extensive medical examinations during those sessions. Besides, Ajayi checked out at the Scouting Combine, where the poking and prodding nearly rises to the level of the nuances of an alien abduction. (I think I’ve used that one before. I’m too lazy to check.)

So why are reports emerging of concerns with Ajayi’s knee? Because one or more teams love Ajayi enough to trash him privately, in the hopes he’ll be available when they hope to land him in the draft.

That’s the most accurate rule of thumb about the pre-draft lying season. Teams that love a player will spread bad information about him so that he’ll fall to them. Teams that hate a player will pump him up, in the hopes that some sucker out there burns a pick on a player, pushing more viable candidates down the board.

CBS:

Boise State running back Jay Ajayi is one of the most talented and productive running backs in the 2015 NFL Draft class. But the long-term durability of his right knee is a “strong” concern, according to several league sources.

Ajayi injured his right knee in October 2011 and has dealt with cartilage issues in that knee over his career.

Ajayi rushed for 3,796 yards over his career in Boise State and could be a very productive runner in the NFL as a rookie. According to league sources, he is ready to play right now, but the question is longevity of the knee and how long will it hold up? Team doctors are unable to pinpoint a timetable with that question.

With a clean bill of health, Ajayi is one of the best running back prospects in this class and projected top-40 draft pick. But with his recent durability concerns, it's tough to predict where teams will feel comfortable drafting him. Chris Polk was viewed as one of the top running back prospects in the 2012 NFL Draft class out of Washington, but concerns regarding his knee left him undrafted. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles and has seen part-time duty the last three seasons, rushing for 270 yards and seven touchdowns. While I expect Ajayi to be drafted, there is a good chance it is later than most expected.

Ajayi became the first player in FBS history to rush for 1,800+ yards and collect 500+ receiving yards in 2014. He started 26 games for Boise State the last two years and leaves school with 751 career touches on offense, showing a workhorse mentality. But with that type of workload, the body takes a toll and now the key to Ajayi's draft grade isn't game film or scouting reports, its will team doctors feel comfortable signing off on a knee with long-term question marks?

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Jalen Strong also has some health issues related to his wrists

Steelers’ doctors clear Jaelen Strong’s wrist

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 18, 2015, 11:22 AM EDT
jaelen-strong-arizona-state-sun-devils-catching-pass
Getty Images
We noted yesterday that former Arizona State receiver Jaelen Strong would miss Saturday’s medical re-check in Indianapolis, and that he had a visit with the Steelers. As it turned out, Strong’s visit allowed the Steelers’ doctors to give Strong’s injured wrist a thorough check.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Strong went through a battery of tests on his wrist during his visit to Pittsburgh. According to Schefter, the Steelers’ doctors cleared Strong and are sending the results of his checkup to other teams.

It’s odd that Strong is getting the re-check from the Steelers’ doctors rather than going through the process that most players recovering from injuries go through in Indianapolis. It’s unclear whether every other team will be satisfied with getting a report from the Steelers’ staff.

Despite a report that Strong would need surgery to repair the broken bone in his wrist, Strong says he played five games through the injury and is fine.

Strong will attend the draft and is viewed as a late-first or early-second-round pick.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
McJet said he won't be here for the Broncos Pick, asked me to make it for him.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post the pick.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Conflicting reports on that, dreamer.

Initially it was reported that his knee was a serious concern, later people were printing retractions.

Still I dont think I would risk a second round pick on a RB with a questionable knee if I wanted a RB Duke Johnson, Yeldon or Abdullah is there....

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
McJet said he won't be here for the Broncos Pick, asked me to make it for him.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post the pick.

Denver Broncos

No. 1 Team Need
Center
See the other needs ... Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma (COM)
Angelo Blackson, DT, Auburn (PRI)
Chris Bonner, QB, Colorado State - Pueblo (INT)
Detrick Bonner, FS, Virginia Tech (EW)
Jamon Brown^, OT, Louisville (EW, PRI)
Sam Carter, S, TCU (EW)
James Castleman, DT, Oklahoma State (EW)
T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh (PRI)
David Cobb, RB, Minnesota (SR)
La'el Collins, OT, LSU (COM)
Jalston Fowler, FB, Alabama (COM)
Max Garcia, C/OT/G, Florida (SR)
Laurence Gibson, OT, Virginia Tech (PRI)
Markus Golden, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Missouri (SR)
Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (SR)
Geneo Grissom, OLB/DE/3-4OLB, Oklahoma (SR)
Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State (PRI)
Bobby McCain, CB, Memphis (EW)
Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon State (SR)
Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M (PRI)
Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State (WOR)
Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (PRI)
Denzel Perryman, OLB/ILB, Miami (SR)
Jeremiah Poutasi, OT/G, Utah (COM)
Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State (COM)
Bud Sasser, WR, Missouri (PRI)
Adam Shead, G, Oklahoma (EW)
Trevor Siemian, QB, Northwestern (PRI)
Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State (SR)
Preston Smith, DE, Mississippi State (PRI)
Za'Darius Smith, DE/3-4OLB, Kentucky (EW)
Harold Spears, TE, New Hampshire (PRI)
Lynden Trail, DE/3-4OLB/OLB, Norfolk State (SR)
Clive Walford, TE, Miami (VINT)
Tray Walker, CB, Texas Southern (PRI)
Daryl Williams, OT, Oklahoma (SR)
Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota (COM)

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Broncos are moving to a 3-4 and they need a monster NT to man the middle.

The Denver Broncos select:

Eddie Goldman, NT, Florida State