COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Just asking, but did'nt Green-Beckham push his girlfriend down a flight of stairs after beating her up ? Pot is one thing, domestic violence is another.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Just asking, but did'nt Green-Beckham push his girlfriend down a flight of stairs after beating her up ? Pot is one thing, domestic violence is another.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Didn't also Dez Bryant punch his mother in the face? He's none the worse for wear.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Didn't also Dez Bryant punch his mother in the face? He's none the worse for wear.

LOL, Yeah but she was a prostitute who probably deserved it (per the Flippers comments)! Plus domestic violence was not that big of deal years ago, like it is today. For NASCAR to suspend Kurt Busch it must be getting real serious.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Yup, DGB has done some bad stuff. But his off field problems are about 2 years old now. He was a model citizen while at Oklahoma. Stoops wanted badly for him to come back for a 2nd year there.

I'm not always big on taking the character risk guys. I think Percy Harvin is POS and has proven as such from his high school days all the way to his pro days. At this point his spots aren't changing and he is what he is. Regarding DGB and Winston, I think both have a chance to grow and mature and become good guys as adults. I think their talent is worth the risk.

Guys who matured and went on to become solid pros is a long list. Randy Moss and Chris Carter to name a couple off the top of my head. Our own Lavernous Coles is another.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Yup, DGB has done some bad stuff. But his off field problems are about 2 years old now. He was a model citizen while at Oklahoma. Stoops wanted badly for him to come back for a 2nd year there.

I'm not always big on taking the character risk guys. I think Percy Harvin is POS and has proven as such from his high school days all the way to his pro days. At this point his spots aren't changing and he is what he is. Regarding DGB and Winston, I think both have a chance to grow and mature and become good guys as adults. I think their talent is worth the risk.

Guys who matured and went on to become solid pros is a long list. Randy Moss and Chris Carter to name a couple off the top of my head. Our own Lavernous Coles is another.

Cam Newton had a checkered past and now he's well respected and the leader of the Panthers. Some players take longer to grow up than others. Once these players sign an agent and they start discussing their future money wise, it's time for them to get their acts together.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Sarge - I'm at my daughter's swim class. Can you let me know what 40 time Perriman WR runs? I've been waiting to post it, but he's my #1 sleeper pick in this draft. He is Brent Perriman's son, for Lions and ATL WR, is 6'2, and is a man child. He's my Moncreif this year that I think every team looks back on and says, how did we let the next Julio Jones pass us by? Watch this kid, he's going to be special and I bet he is a late riser, if not, like Moncreif last year, a lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves. He's a kid I want us to steal after rd 1.

55, he's not running today.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 34m34 minutes ago

#UCF WR Breshad Perriman was not cleared by the @NFL to workout today due to a hamstring pull, I’m told. Should be good by his 3/25 pro day

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Pointdexter, who's your favorite cb in the draft?

Great question. Right now I think Waynes and probably PJ Williams are the top 2. But admittedly I have to do some research on Rollins. I didn't really watch him in college. Look for PJ to put on a pretty good show in Indy during testing. He's impressive physically, just needs to learn to get his head turned around better when the ball is in the air.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Go Jets...Cyborg

AP grabbed his 4 year old's testicles in his hand and crushed them. People don't seem to have an issue with him...

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Great question. Right now I think Waynes and probably PJ Williams are the top 2. But admittedly I have to do some research on Rollins. I didn't really watch him in college. Look for PJ to put on a pretty good show in Indy during testing. He's impressive physically, just needs to learn to get his head turned around better when the ball is in the air.

Is it safe to say, at this point, none are worthy of a top 10 pick? Supposedly, the Jets are looking to revamp the cb's and have their eye on Waynes. If we could trade back, that would open that possibility unless Waynes(or another cb) makes a jump after workouts/pro days.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Kevin White:

Size? check
Speed? check
high points football? check
college production? check

What more do you want?

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Is it safe to say, at this point, none are worthy of a top 10 pick? Supposedly, the Jets are looking to revamp the cb's and have their eye on Waynes. If we could trade back, that would open that possibility unless Waynes(or another cb) makes a jump after workouts/pro days.

No, I don't think any of those guys go in the top 10 this year. And that's saying something considering what a premium position it is in today's NFL.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
55, he's not running today.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 34m34 minutes ago

#UCF WR Breshad Perriman was not cleared by the @NFL to workout today due to a hamstring pull, I’m told. Should be good by his 3/25 pro day

Thanks everyone (point dexter, 51, and sarge) for the follow up. Heading the gymnastics now so keep the updates coming.

Another name to watch who I read ran well today is Stephon Diggs. I know point dexter knows him well. Works out with Torrey Smith and very good friends with Mcdougle. Big play guy here at Maryland. His position coach at Maryland - Kennan mckardell. Very polished wR with high upside. This wR draft is going to be very good.