COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Great question. Right now I think Waynes and probably PJ Williams are the top 2. But admittedly I have to do some research on Rollins. I didn't really watch him in college. Look for PJ to put on a pretty good show in Indy during testing. He's impressive physically, just needs to learn to get his head turned around better when the ball is in the air.

Keep an eye on Marcus Peters cb wash.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 3m3 minutes ago

UAB's J.J. Nelson has best 40 time of day with 4.29u. Will he hold onto top spot? Plenty more 40 runs still to come today. #NFLCombine

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 12m12 minutes ago

Jaelen Strong's 1st 40: 4.51u. Mayock says "that helps him immensely."

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 14m14 minutes ago

Devin Smith's 1st 40: 4.47u. Was expected to run faster.

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 20m20 minutes ago

Tre McBride runs 4.41u on 1st 40. Mayock says he's a riser on draft boards.

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 26m26 minutes ago

Chris Conley putting on a show at #NFLCombine. 4.35u 40. 45-inch vertical. 11-7 broad jump.

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 56m56 minutes ago

Jaelen Strong had 42-inch vertical (WOW!). Mayock says his body type reminds him of Larry Fitzgerald. #NFLCombine

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Kevin White:

Size? check
Speed? check
high points football? check
college production? check

What more do you want?

Locked himself into top 10.

Cooper is Reggie Wayne while White is more like Andre Johnson.

Parker WR LU runs 4.5

Smith OSU second run at 40 4.42

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Chris Conley has to be on our radar now in the 2nd or 3rd round. 4.35 40, 45" vert, 11'7 broad jump. Good Lord. And on top of all that he was very good at UGA last season.

As a double bonus, you won't meet a better kid.

F

flgreen

Sarge - I'm at my daughter's swim class. Can you let me know what 40 time Perriman WR runs? I've been waiting to post it, but he's my #1 sleeper pick in this draft. He is Brent Perriman's son, for Lions and ATL WR, is 6'2, and is a man child. He's my Moncreif this year that I think every team looks back on and says, how did we let the next Julio Jones pass us by? Watch this kid, he's going to be special and I bet he is a late riser, if not, like Moncreif last year, a lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves. He's a kid I want us to steal after rd 1.

Agree. Right now he is probably penciled in as a late 4 by most teams. If he runs well that will change quickly. Like the kid a lot

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
WR class starting to look as good as last years. Beckham is bigger than Mike Evans, taller than Kelvin Benjamin, and faster than Marqise Lee. Very impressive.

White is a stud. Won't be shocked if the Raiders surprise people and take him over Cooper. He's elite in speed, size, and going up and getting it. He's an elite top 10 talent in any draft. Likely grades out at the Sammy Watkins level and higher than Evans.

Strong's NFL comparison is Larry Fitzgerald. Guy who attacks the ball with Vice grip hands. Alston Jeffrey for the Bears is another good comparison for him.

Throw in Perriman, diggs, Parker, smith, and cooper (Reggie Wayne clone), and you have the making of another 10-12 very productive wrs coming from this class.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Agree. Right now he is probably penciled in as a late 4 by most teams. If he runs well that will change quickly. Like the kid a lot

There going to be a run in WRs rd 1 and again in rd 2. I don't think he gets out of Rd 2. He's an obvious outside big play target that has #1 wR potential. I was shocked last year Moncreif lasted till rd 3. Id be shocked if Perriman gets selected rd 3. To pointdexters point, he could easily go rd 1 to a team like GB to replace Cobb, Seattle, or even the Pats. It was brilliant for Colts to grab Moncreif last year and give the kid a year with Wayne and nicks. Now he's ready to start next year. I see Perfriman in the same light where you work him into your game plan as a rookie and he starts in 2016. I think the kid will be a stud.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I agree, WR is STACKED again this year. Elite at the top (DGB, Cooper, White, Parker, Strong)

But the back end (rounds 3-5) are stacked as well. (Conley with his 4.3 40 and 45" vert, Rashad Greene is arguably FSU's best WR ever, Stefon Diggs, Sammie Coates, Philip Dorsett, Agoholar, Tyler Lockett, Perriman, Hardy). The list goes on and on.

So glad Idzik is not here to pass on all of them. I hope we come in away with 2 of the above names.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I agree, WR is STACKED again this year. Elite at the top (DGB, Cooper, White, Parker, Strong)

But the back end (rounds 3-5) are stacked as well. (Conley with his 4.3 40 and 45" vert, Rashad Greene is arguably FSU's best WR ever, Stefon Diggs, Sammie Coates, Philip Dorsett, Agoholar, Tyler Lockett, Perriman, Hardy). The list goes on and on.

So glad Idzik is not here to pass on all of them. I hope we come in away with 2 of the above names.

What do you think of Coates? The kid makes plays, but leaves a lot of plays in the field with his drops and I wasn't impressed by his ability to high point the ball (dropped a big one in the senior bowl I felt a big time wR makes). I'm not saying he's bad, but he feels like a #3 who shows flashes of being more but never lives up to his full potential.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
CollegeFootball 24/7 retweeted
Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks · 12m12 minutes ago

Kevin White posted a silly time but trust me, the tape is even better.

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 4m4 minutes ago

Kevin White's great day continues. Very smooth through the gauntlet.

I honestly think his draft grade may be higher than sammys, and I love Sammy, but sammy was only 6'0. White does everything Sammy does at 6'3 215. I wonder if he would have been at the top of last year's draft...and he might not even be the first wR taken.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
What do you think of Coates? The kid makes plays, but leaves a lot of plays in the field with his drops and I wasn't impressed by his ability to high point the ball (dropped a big one in the senior bowl I felt a big time wR makes). I'm not saying he's bad, but he feels like a #3 who shows flashes of being more but never lives up to his full potential.

I really agree, 55. I'm not as high on Coates as most here are. I always thought his teammate Duke Williams was far and away the better player, and that never bodes well to becoming a star in the NFL when you are the #2 on your own college team. He is not a great route runner, his feel for the game is just ok, and he is inconsistent. With that said, Duke Williams is pretty special (so that is no knock being behind him) and I still think Coates can be a good pro. I have him well down the list though. Just off the top of my head:

1) White and Cooper
3) DGB (top talent, in my opinion)
4) Parker
5) Strong (showing me something today)
6) Chris Conley (when ppl go back and watch tape and then match it with his combine, watch out)
7) Rashad Greene (best tactician in this year's draft; also maybe best work ethic)
8) Perriman (could go up based on pro day)
9) Stefon Diggs and Sammie Coates
11) Tyler Lockett
12) Devin Smith
13) Justin Hardy
14) Philip Dorsett
15) Devin Funchess
16) Jamison Crowder

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Daniel Jeremiah @MoveTheSticks · 15m15 minutes ago

Snaps under center this year Winston 272Mariota 5Mannion 536 Petty 48

NFL Network @nflnetwork · 11m11 minutes ago

"All the individual components are there. Great feet, great athlete, arm strength is more than adequate." - Mike Mayock on QB Marcus Mariota

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 9m9 minutes ago

Winston just made a couple beautiful deep throws. #NFLCombine

CollegeFootball 24/7 @NFL_CFB · 7m7 minutes ago

Mariota throwing deep ball very nicely, too. Top two QBs are competing.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
WR class starting to look as good as last years. Beckham is bigger than Mike Evans, taller than Kelvin Benjamin, and faster than Marqise Lee. Very impressive.

White is a stud. Won't be shocked if the Raiders surprise people and take him over Cooper. He's elite in speed, size, and going up and getting it. He's an elite top 10 talent in any draft. Likely grades out at the Sammy Watkins level and higher than Evans.

Strong's NFL comparison is Larry Fitzgerald. Guy who attacks the ball with Vice grip hands. Alston Jeffrey for the Bears is another good comparison for him.

Throw in Perriman, diggs, Parker, smith, and cooper (Reggie Wayne clone), and you have the making of another 10-12 very productive wrs coming from this class.

I'm willing to take bets on that now (that's White's the Raiders first pick instead of Cooper). With the understanding that it's drills from the Combine we are looking at you still can't help but be impressed with his ball skills which I consider the most important attribute for a receiver. You either have them or don't.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
At this point, the Jets are sitting pretty at #6

If Mariotta slips to us, we can take him or trade down. If both QBs are gone, we can take Cooper or White

#sittingpretty