COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm willing to take bets on that now (that's White's the Raiders first pick instead of Cooper). With the understanding that it's drills from the Combine we are looking at you still can't help but be impressed with his ball skills which I consider the most important attribute for a receiver. You either have them or don't.

Which person's ball skills, white or cooper? Cooper had outstanding ball skills.

Copernicus

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Sean Mannion QB 6'5 229 Oregon St.

Anyone have an idea where he is projected? If we don't go QB in the 1st round, I am starting to like this kid later in the draft

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
White wore my Bama boys out in Game 1 of last season, I've been saying he's the 2nd best WR in the country ever since

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Top 6 Mock at the moment

Bucs Jameis Winston QB
EAGLES trade with Titans Marcus Mariota QB
Jaguars Leonard Williams DT
Raiders Kevin White WR
Redskins Date Fowler LB/DE
Jets Amari Cooper WR

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
White wore my Bama boys out in Game 1 of last season, I've been saying he's the 2nd best WR in the country ever since

Seriously think of we go BPA he is now in play, whether we keep Harvin or not, you do not pass on the next Brandon Marshall. I think he's in play with our pick. Dang, I was really hoping we'd get one of the stud pass rushers in Gregory, Fowler, Beasely, or Ray...maybe even trading back and still getting one of them...but now I think we need to stay put at 6 and see who shakes out of the top 5...it's gonna be a stud, especially if Mariota and Winston are selected in front of us, a big time prospect is going to drop in our lap.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Top 6 Mock at the moment

Bucs Jameis Winston QB
EAGLES trade with Titans Marcus Mariota QB
Jaguars Leonard Williams DT
Raiders Kevin White WR
Redskins Date Fowler LB/DE
Jets Amari Cooper WR

If this happens you take Gregory. Gregory had a stomach illness that caused him to lose 25lbs. I don't drop him out of the top 5 because he got sick last month. If he's there and Cooper is there and white is gone, I may take Gregory 6 and rd 2 look at Strong, Perriman, Beckham and Smith at WR or Rollins at CB...maybe even trade I to late rd 1 to get your guy.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
New York Jets @nyjets · 2h2 hours ago

Our senior director of college scouting walks us through a day in Indy.Meet Rex Hogan- http://bit.ly/1z7gyEp

B-Y7VpCIQAA6Sxh.jpg:small

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
The Sirius boys just said they'd take Gordon RB over Gurley for all the right reasons.

Go Jets...Cyborg

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I always thought Cooper and White were running neck and neck and there was no clear favorite. I've been posting about that for awhile, but today White separated himself from Cooper in my view so I had to revise my mock draft. I now have Kevin White going to the Raiders at #4 , the first WR off the board, and that pushes Cooper to the Jets. I love White, but I've loved Cooper for two years and I'll be thrilled if we snag him at 6.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
The fact we are 100% guaranteed to get either White or Cooper if we want them makes me happy

It might even alter our free agency priorities - spend our money on a CB and OL and not worry about a #1 WR

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
The fact we are 100% guaranteed to get either White or Cooper if we want them makes me happy
I wouldn't say 100%, Sarge, the only way its 100% is if we had the 1st or 2nd Pick, otherwise you can never be certain what the other teams will do. We can mock it all day and all night, but you never know if a GM falls in love with a specific player, NEEDS BE DAMNED, and blows the whole thing up by taking him, or if someone trades the ranch to move up for a WR like the Falcons did for Julio Jones or the Bills for Sammy Watkins (two recent examples), but I have to say it looks good. If you're a Jets fan and you want Cooper or White, it looks promising.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
WR class starting to look as good as last years. Beckham is bigger than Mike Evans, taller than Kelvin Benjamin, and faster than Marqise Lee. Very impressive.

White is a stud. Won't be shocked if the Raiders surprise people and take him over Cooper. He's elite in speed, size, and going up and getting it. He's an elite top 10 talent in any draft. Likely grades out at the Sammy Watkins level and higher than Evans.

Strong's NFL comparison is Larry Fitzgerald. Guy who attacks the ball with Vice grip hands. Alston Jeffrey for the Bears is another good comparison for him.

Throw in Perriman, diggs, Parker, smith, and cooper (Reggie Wayne clone), and you have the making of another 10-12 very productive wrs coming from this class.
I can definitely agree with that. Mariota and Winston looked very good today. With that said I'm hoping our options goes in this order:

1. Phila trades Foles and the first and second for this and next year to us for Mariota. This way we can draft one if those top flight WRs in the first and a o-linemen and CB in the second.

2. If phila or no one else trades with us for Mariota (if he falls to us or one trades ahead to get him) then I hope they draft him.

3. If both Mariota and Winston are gone before pick number six then we must draft either White, Cooper or Parker.

Note: If Winston drops to us and I know he won't, there is no draft negotiations or hesitation, you draft Winston.