COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

U

ucrenegade

Brandon Scherff - T - Player
Iowa T/G Brandon Scherff measured in with 33 3/8-inch arms at the NFL Scouting Combine.
They are short by NFL left-tackle standards, but not necessarily too short for Scherff to play the position in the pros. Jake Long, Joe Thomas, and Riley Reiff all have shorter arms than Scherff. Whether Scherff is able to avoid a move inside to guard will depend on his ability to protect the edge. Arm length may work against him, but he can succeed with technique.

I like this guy

U

ucrenegade

Right now he's at the top of the list of guy's likely to fall in the draft. He measured in with short arms and still only managed 23 reps on the bench press. If you have short arms, you better be strong.

i know weird you see his youtube videos granted i know they show the best light but he looks very agile and strong.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Leonard Williams - DL - Player
USC DL Leonard Williams measured 6-foot-5, 302 at the NFL Combine.
His arms measured 34 5/8", and Williams has 10 5/8" hands. They're massive dimensions for this year's top defensive lineman, one expected to be drafted within the top-five picks. Williams has drawn comparisons ranging from Richard Seymour to Calais Campbell. His best fit would be as a 3-4 end.

Todd Gurley - RB - Player
Per DallasCowboys.com's Bryan Broaddus, NFL teams are not concerned with Todd Gurley's refusal to let Combine doctors check his surgically repaired knee.
Per Broaddus -- a former longtime pro personnel man -- NFL teams "are good" with Gurley, and there are "no issues." Broaddus says it's common for players to twist or pull a knee that was recently repaired surgically during a Combine checkup, and thus understandable Gurley balked with so much money on the line. "Teams understand this and are okay," Broaddus tweeted. Gurley will be brought back to Indianapolis in April and re-checked then.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Maxx Williams - TE - Player
Minnesota TE Maxx Williams clocked forty times of 4.90 and 4.77 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
They're relatively underwhelming times for Williams, who stands just under 6-foot-4 and weighs 249 pounds. His broad jump was a solid-but-unspectacular nine feet, nine inches. Athletically, at least, Williams profiles more closely to Dennis Pitta than Greg Olsen. Williams remains the heavy favorite to be the first tight end drafted, but early whispers of him jumping into the early first round seem unlikely to come to fruition.

Jesse James - TE - Player
Penn State TE Jesse James clocked forty times of 4.86 and 4.83 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
He added a highly impressive 10-foot-1 broad jump, which betters those posted by Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski prior to their respective drafts. James is a mammoth 6-foot-7 and 261 pounds with 33-inch arms. A likely post-Combine "riser," James projects to be drafted in the second or third round.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
F

flgreen

Right now he's at the top of the list of guy's likely to fall in the draft. He measured in with short arms and still only managed 23 reps on the bench press. If you have short arms, you better be strong.

Yeah.

That is a monster disappointment.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
not sure if this is true. it could even work in our favor, as it will scare off teams looking at him as a 4-3 DE. assumedly we would look at him as a 3-4 OLB. so gregory may now be there when we pick, giving us another option. obviously the scouts/coaches will need to believe he can transition to OLB.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN · 2h2 hours ago

Talking about Gregory as a 43 DE in the NFL is pointless, and always has been. Same with Shane Ray. They are 34 OLB's.

Ask @chucksmithnfl about Ray and Gregory. He has worked with them both...

.@strickland_t Gregory is a prototype 34 edge rusher. His pure movement skills/athletic fluidity is the best of the edge players.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Collins LSU - after combine scouts believe he can play anywhere on the oline including both tackle spots and he'll be the Zachary Martin of this draft that had an immediate impact. A lot of rumors the Giants are very interested.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Watching the TE gauntlet (one of my favorite combine events) Nick O'leary (FSU) and Max Williams (Min) really shined. TE is not a big need for the Jets but a 4/5th round guy would be helpful.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Michael Silver @MikeSilver · 4h4 hours ago

I was told by one GM and one HC that Georgia RB Todd Gurley refused to let combine doctors examine his surgically repaired knee Thursday...

I am told that it is highly unusual, if not unprecedented, for a player not to allow doctors to examine him at combine, as Gurley did..

It is likely that Gurley will be asked to return closer to the draft for a medical 'recheck' and will be examined at that time...

With all of that said, coaches and personnel people are overwhelmingly high on Gurley as a person and a player...

Michael Silver @MikeSilver · 1h1 hour ago

Update on Gurley: I'm told that his surgeon, Dr. James Andrews, did not want 32 teams poking and prodding his surgically repaired knee...

Michael Silver @MikeSilver · 1h1 hour ago

And I'm told Gurley will return next month for a medical re-check, at which point he plans to let teams examine the knee...

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
New York Jets @nyjets · 58m58 minutes ago

Coach Bowles & Coach Caldwell taking in today’s action at @LucasOilStadium

B-UXvI3IAAATKsl.jpg:large