COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hundley just ran a 4.63; as soon as the time came in Greg Cosell said, too bad that doesn't help him throw a football.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I have never wanted any part of Hundley and have said so repeatably. This only makes me feel vindicated.

An interesting thing Cosell said this morning about all of these QBs coming out of college that can't play in the NFL - Mariota, Hundley, and Petty were the examples, he was asked how do you think NFL offenses will evolve with the new breed of QBs who can't run NFL offenses? His response, everything is cyclical. The older smash mouth brand of football will return where you see more offenses looking for Marshawn Lynch type workhorse backs so QBs can be asked to do less. He feels as you begin seeing Manning, Brady, and Brees retire, you're going to see more and more teams rely on the run game. I think he's right. He actually pointed out what Rex is trying to do in Buffalo as what more and more teams are going to do.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Amari Cooper ran 4.43

Dorset ran 4.35

Doral Green Beckham ran 4.5

Sarge - I'm at my daughter's swim class. Can you let me know what 40 time Perriman WR runs? I've been waiting to post it, but he's my #1 sleeper pick in this draft. He is Brent Perriman's son, for Lions and ATL WR, is 6'2, and is a man child. He's my Moncreif this year that I think every team looks back on and says, how did we let the next Julio Jones pass us by? Watch this kid, he's going to be special and I bet he is a late riser, if not, like Moncreif last year, a lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves. He's a kid I want us to steal after rd 1.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Amari Cooper ran 4.43

Dorset ran 4.35

Doral Green Beckham ran 4.5

If we don't go WR in the first and Green-Beckham is available in the second, I hope we pull the trigger. He's a monster.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Sammie Coats who I like ran 4.43.

Cooper 's 2nd 40 was 4.42

Cooper soldifies top 10 status and Coates is a little disappointing for me. I thought he'd run in the 4.3s. I'm sure he does at his pro day. Cooper ran well enough today on the combine's slow surface to bypass running at his pro day, IMO.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
If we don't go WR in the first and Green-Beckham is available in the second, I hope we pull the trigger. He's a monster.

Anyone who thinks DGB isn't worthy of the #6 pick at this point is crazy. This man is 6'5, 237 of straight MUSCLE, and then proceeds to rip off a 4.49 at that size. There hasn't been a physical specimen like him at WR since Megatron. If he leaves his problems in his past and has matured, the Jets could hit a home run by tabbing him at #6 . You can't tell me that the potential reward is not worth the risk right now.

In my opinion, I don't see any way he drops past #15 with his measurables.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Green Beckham has washed out on 2 different college teams, he's not going to suddenly turn into a great teammate

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Anyone who thinks DGB isn't worthy of the #6 pick at this point is crazy. This man is 6'5, 237 of straight MUSCLE, and then proceeds to rip off a 4.49 at that size. There hasn't been a physical specimen like him at WR since Megatron. If he leaves his problems in his past and has matured, the Jets could hit a home run by tabbing him at #6 . You can't tell me that the potential reward is not worth the risk right now.

In my opinion, I don't see any way he drops past #15 with his measurables.

He might be a beast but I think that Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon are fresh on team's mind so that will definitely be under consideration while taking him. Teams picking at the top can't afford to miss on these picks so most of the time they take the conservative route.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Green Beckham has washed out on 2 different college teams, he's not going to suddenly turn into a great teammate

I'm sorry but that's bull. Get your facts straight. He spent one year at OU where he worked on their practice team while sitting out per the NCAA mandated transfer rule. Bob Stoops had nothing but good things to say about him while he was at OU. Said he was a good teammate and did everything they asked while getting in no trouble whatsoever.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He might be a beast but I think that Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon are fresh on team's mind so that will definitely be under consideration while taking him. Teams picking at the top can't afford to miss on these picks so most of the time they take the conservative route.

I feel the same way. Gordon was going to be the next big thing too until his demons got in the way. DGB could have all the ability in the world, and it won't matter if he's constantly suspended.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Sarge - I'm at my daughter's swim class. Can you let me know what 40 time Perriman WR runs? I've been waiting to post it, but he's my #1 sleeper pick in this draft. He is Brent Perriman's son, for Lions and ATL WR, is 6'2, and is a man child. He's my Moncreif this year that I think every team looks back on and says, how did we let the next Julio Jones pass us by? Watch this kid, he's going to be special and I bet he is a late riser, if not, like Moncreif last year, a lot of teams are going to be kicking themselves. He's a kid I want us to steal after rd 1.

Not to steal your thunder but Kiper has had him in his 1st round mock for quite some time. Currently he has him slotted at #15 to San Fran. Not exactly a sleeper at this point. But I do agree with you that he in intriguing and one to keep an eye on in Indy. It seems that Perriman, Parker, DGB, the kid from Ohio State, and Kevin White are all jockeying to be #2 behind Amari Cooper in the pecking order.