COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Dante Fowler is a legit top 10 pick. Would look good in Green and White if things break that way

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Vic Beasley is also right there in that 6-12 window

That's why the #6 pick is shaking out to be pretty sexy, should have shots at some of: Mariota QB, Cooper WR, White WR, gregory OLB, Fowler OLB, Beasely OLB, and Ray OLB...also will have pick of top CB or OL in the draft if they decide to go that way because none will go before our pick. Jets will have some nice prospects fall in their lap at 6.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
There might be 3-4 players that other teams want to trade up for. If we want to trade down and accumulate some extra picks, this might be a good year to do it

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Bummer - Shane Ray not running or doing drills today. Beasley and Fowler really shined this morning. Not sure Gregory garnered the same buzz but this event is about measurables not how they played. Beasley put on ten pounds which made his times this morning even more impressive. Great to know we will get a pretty good player in either White, Cooper, Beasley, Fowler or Mariota (the later being my favorite and hopeful pick).

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Yup, DGB has done some bad stuff. But his off field problems are about 2 years old now. He was a model citizen while at Oklahoma. Stoops wanted badly for him to come back for a 2nd year there.

I'm not always big on taking the character risk guys. I think Percy Harvin is POS and has proven as such from his high school days all the way to his pro days. At this point his spots aren't changing and he is what he is. Regarding DGB and Winston, I think both have a chance to grow and mature and become good guys as adults. I think their talent is worth the risk.

Guys who matured and went on to become solid pros is a long list. Randy Moss and Chris Carter to name a couple off the top of my head. Our own Lavernous Coles is another.

and josh gordon had problems with pot in college and now will be sitting out at least the 2015 season.

it's easy to say that teams would be crazy to pass on DGB with a high pick when your job isn't on the line. he's got all the talent in the world, but risking the #6 pick on someone who could turn into the next josh gordon or justin blackmon (or the next calvin johnson or andre johnson?) is a ballsy call.

teams picking towards the end of the 1st can probably take the chance on him. they are good teams which can better afford a miss. i just can't see the jets or any team picking in the top 10 taking that chance. with our 2nd rounder, i'm game

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Beasley has been on my "top players in the draft" list since the start. I think he will be an athletic terror in the NFL. Really like him but I think he can be add a little later in round 1 right now. He might be a great target if we decide to trade back.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Beasley has been on my "top players in the draft" list since the start. I think he will be an athletic terror in the NFL. Really like him but I think he can be add a little later in round 1 right now. He might be a great target if we decide to trade back.
I think after today's workout he might have moved up to being the 1st or second (Williams) defensive player off the board. Think he might have moved ahead of Gregory since he was able to show so well with 10 extra pounds.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
He's certainly a great player and I wouldn't gripe with him at #6 . I liked how productive he was at Clemson. Showed up every week; this is NOT a combine warrior. He can play with pads on.

With all that said, I really want to make this the year we pick up the difference maker on offense. DGB, White, Cooper, Todd Gurley (round 2). A difference maker on offense would be such a nice breath of fresh air.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
and josh gordon had problems with pot in college and now will be sitting out at least the 2015 season.

it's easy to say that teams would be crazy to pass on DGB with a high pick when your job isn't on the line. he's got all the talent in the world, but risking the #6 pick on someone who could turn into the next josh gordon or justin blackmon (or the next calvin johnson or andre johnson?) is a ballsy call.

teams picking towards the end of the 1st can probably take the chance on him. they are good teams which can better afford a miss. i just can't see the jets or any team picking in the top 10 taking that chance. with our 2nd rounder, i'm game

im with you...if we go pass rusher rd 1 (Fowler, Gregory, and Beasely) then im down for Perriman or Beckham rd 2....or Rollins CB (or another CB). I think the sexy pick would be White WR WVU...but still wouldnt be shocked if OLB is the call at 6 even with White on the board...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Holy sh!t....I want one of each...but Beasley is smoking!!!!

Dante Fowler - DL - Player
Florida DE Dante Fowler clocked a 4.60 forty-yard dash at the NFL Combine.
The 6-foot-3, 261-pound pass rusher was less impressive in other drills, managing a 32 1/2-inch vertical and 9-foot-4 broad jump. NFL Films' Greg Cosell has likened Fowler to Clay Matthews as a prospect who can become a much better pro player than he was a collegiate. Fowler won't turn 21 until August.

Leonard Williams - DL - Player
USC DE Leonard Williams ran a 4.97 forty-yard dash at the NFL Combine.
It doesn't jump off the page until you consider Williams is 6-foot-5 and weighs 302. His broad jump was 8-foot-10 with a vertical of 29 1/2". Williams is a power player, and not necessarily explosive, but his Combine performance was roughly in line with expectations. If the Titans can't trade out of the No. 2 overall pick, Williams is the favorite to be drafted by them.

Randy Gregory - DL - Player
Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory ran a forty time of 4.64 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Although Gregory is on the light side for an edge rusher at 6-foot-5, 235, there is little doubt about his functional athleticism. His strong forty time, 36 1/2-inch vertical, and 10-foot-5 broad jump all translate to the field. Long and lean, Gregory figures to draw Jason Taylor and perhaps some Leonard Little comparisons during the post-Combine draft process.

Vic Beasley - LB - Player
Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley clocked a forty-yard dash time of 4.53 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Beasley ripped it up in Indy, adding a highly explosive 10-foot-10 broad jump and ridiculous 41-inch vertical at 6-foot-3 and 246 pounds. He also did 35 reps on the 225-pound bench press. Beasley has been likened to Seahawks OLB Bruce Irvin by NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein. Beasley should appeal to both 3-4 and 4-3 teams for his natural pass-rushing ability.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Be curious to see all the mock drafts after the combine is over. It a disappointing Ray didn't perform cause I think he would have generated the same buzz as Beasley. If you filter in just the "eye test" from the Combine my top six and in no particular draft order are Mariota, Winston, Beasley, Fowler, White and Williams. All have great tape and not just workout warriors...

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Be curious to see all the mock drafts after the combine is over. It a disappointing Ray didn't perform cause I think he would have generated the same buzz as Beasley. If you filter in just the "eye test" from the Combine my top six and in no particular draft order are Mariota, Winston, Beasley, Fowler, White and Williams. All have great tape and not just workout warriors...

nice post. My top 5 for me from the combine are White, Williams, Fowler, Beasely, and Cooper.

As you feel about Ray, look at what is happening to gregory at the combine. He is performing despite being sick and weak. It's obvious he's still recovering from his illness, and he's still running in the 4.6 and working through all of the drills. I hope Gregory is 100% at pro day, because I think if he was 100% he'd the talk of the combine like White was on offense. I wonder if he regains his top 5 momentum after his pro day or slips a little and becomes a steal. Ray instead of going 90% like gregory through the drills is waiting to be 100%.

Gregory the combine at 90-95% may or may not have dropped him to 3rd on the OLB list from 1 a few days ago...Ray right now has a ? by his name till teams see him at his pro day. Would Gregory have been better off doing the same thing? Probably.

I think the list may have gone from:

Gregory
Fowler
Ray
Beasely

to

Fowler
Beasely
Gergory
Ray?

Ray putting on weight is a big deal. People may not believe it, but he's already up to 245, if he gets up to 250, and runs like people think he will run, he can up to the top 1-2 OLBs off the board. His frame being able to fill out as teams hope, and seeing it before their eyes before they draft him is big value, IMO. The guy had 14.5 sacks and 22.5 TFL. If he gets close to 250 and runs high 4.5s or 4.6...Ray will be in the top 10. I wouldn't think he'd get by ATL at 8.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Holy sh!t....I want one of each...but Beasley is smoking!!!!

Dante Fowler - DL - Player
Florida DE Dante Fowler clocked a 4.60 forty-yard dash at the NFL Combine.
The 6-foot-3, 261-pound pass rusher was less impressive in other drills, managing a 32 1/2-inch vertical and 9-foot-4 broad jump. NFL Films' Greg Cosell has likened Fowler to Clay Matthews as a prospect who can become a much better pro player than he was a collegiate. Fowler won't turn 21 until August.

Leonard Williams - DL - Player
USC DE Leonard Williams ran a 4.97 forty-yard dash at the NFL Combine.
It doesn't jump off the page until you consider Williams is 6-foot-5 and weighs 302. His broad jump was 8-foot-10 with a vertical of 29 1/2". Williams is a power player, and not necessarily explosive, but his Combine performance was roughly in line with expectations. If the Titans can't trade out of the No. 2 overall pick, Williams is the favorite to be drafted by them.

Randy Gregory - DL - Player
Nebraska DE/OLB Randy Gregory ran a forty time of 4.64 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Although Gregory is on the light side for an edge rusher at 6-foot-5, 235, there is little doubt about his functional athleticism. His strong forty time, 36 1/2-inch vertical, and 10-foot-5 broad jump all translate to the field. Long and lean, Gregory figures to draw Jason Taylor and perhaps some Leonard Little comparisons during the post-Combine draft process.

Vic Beasley - LB - Player
Clemson DE/OLB Vic Beasley clocked a forty-yard dash time of 4.53 at the NFL Scouting Combine.
Beasley ripped it up in Indy, adding a highly explosive 10-foot-10 broad jump and ridiculous 41-inch vertical at 6-foot-3 and 246 pounds. He also did 35 reps on the 225-pound bench press. Beasley has been likened to Seahawks OLB Bruce Irvin by NFL.com draft analyst Lance Zierlein. Beasley should appeal to both 3-4 and 4-3 teams for his natural pass-rushing ability.

The strength numbers for Beasley stand out and IMO, separate him from Irvin. I agree 55, there will be some really good options for us at 6 if we stay. If we move back, there still should be some really good choices at cb, ol, and lb.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
DI_Twitter_normal.jpg
Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · · 1h 1 hour ago So glad to see Stephone Anthony/LB/Clemson continue to tear it up. One of the best ILB prospects in the draft no one is paying attention to