COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Cant say we passed on them but I want one of the WRs

Very true, but we easily could have traded to get Lee or Moncrief later. I think one of the two WR's will fall to us @ 6 simply because of Winston, Mariota, Williams, & Gregory ahead of us. And if both WR's are gone, it might leave Gregory the best pass rushing OLB to us ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I think Waynes was always in the discussion for a Top 10 pick

Just another viable option for us at #6

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
wr

wr

Very true, but we easily could have traded to get Lee or Moncrief later. I think one of the two WR's will fall to us @ 6 simply because of Winston, Mariota, Williams, & Gregory ahead of us. And if both WR's are gone, it might leave Gregory the best pass rushing OLB to us ?

Go Jets...Cyborg

If both Qbs and both Wrs are gone. It will leave us with a choice of Williams GREGORY Ray Fowler Dupree. Or a nice potential of trade down opportunities. Even w Atlanta at 9. St Louis. Etc. I can live with that. And to be honest. First round wr are rarely a difference for Super Bowl winning teams in last 20 years. Look recently. The leading wr have been Edelman. Tate. Boldin. Jackoby jones
V Cruz. J nelson. Etc

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I agree with Old#15, Waynes just helped himself out a lot. I still think top 10 is unlikely but he is now probably in that 10-20 territory.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
From the mocks that I was seeing up to now, he was in the 15-22 range.
I had him at 15 in the mock I posted just prior to the combines. I think this performance solidifies his position as a TOP 15 lock, and gives him a chance to crack the TOP 10 or get closer to it. However I still don't think he should be in play for the #6 Pick. I wouldn't put him in the same category with guys like Amari Cooper, Kevin White and Dante Fowler.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I like our opportunities in FA more at the CB position than the WR position. We're not getting a #1 WR in FA. No Dez Bryant, and no Demaryius Thomas. At CB however, we've got some possibilities: Kareem Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, Byron Maxwell, Chris Culliver, or Tramon Williams could be there for the taking. I see very strong possibilities in the draft at receiver. If White, Cooper, or Parker are there, it's a solid pick anyway you slice it.

lounap23

Legend
Jet Fanatics
Waynes was considered a top 15 talent... Team needs had him 15-20 on most mocks but after the combine. some teams can re-evaluate their needs and go best player available say a team like the Jets that may have been thinking WR rd1, CB rd2 and QB rd 3. Couls easily be CB rd1 and WR rd2 now. Especially since WR is deep enough to get a RD1 talent in Rd2... Don't be surprised if Waynes is our pick at 6

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Waynes was considered a top 15 talent... Team needs had him 15-20 on most mocks but after the combine. some teams can re-evaluate their needs and go best player available say a team like the Jets that may have been thinking WR rd1, CB rd2 and QB rd 3. Couls easily be CB rd1 and WR rd2 now. Especially since WR is deep enough to get a RD1 talent in Rd2... Don't be surprised if Waynes is our pick at 6

I was listening to Waynes on Sirius this weekend. Smart kid. Well spoken and very humble. He specializes in press coverage and would be a good fit....but not at 6, imo.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
I like our opportunities in FA more at the CB position than the WR position. We're not getting a #1 WR in FA. No Dez Bryant, and no Demaryius Thomas. At CB however, we've got some possibilities: Kareem Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, Byron Maxwell, Chris Culliver, or Tramon Williams could be there for the taking. I see very strong possibilities in the draft at receiver. If White, Cooper, or Parker are there, it's a solid pick anyway you slice it.
Agreed, whether we resign Harvin at a price that works for us or not, they have to draft Cooper, White or Parker. We are now out of the Winston and Mariota race after the combine so its onto the top notch WRs. To get Harvin in this mix also in the Jets favor, they will have to cut him to save the 4th round draft to Seattle and to not have to pay him 10 mil. Its a risk worth taking because I believe no one will pay him that kind of money. He isn't worth it. Hopefully they then can resign him at $4-5 mil. Imagine having Decker, Harvin, Kerley and one of those rookie WRs with Amaro and Cumberland. Wow!

Not: Even Geno can be productive with that offensive power.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Where's all this Parker talk coming from? If White and Cooper are gone by6, I surely don't want to take Parker at 6. If Cooper and white are gone and we signed an OLB FA, I desperately try to trade down. I don't know if Parker is that much better than Beckham and Perriman, so why take him at 6?

U

ucrenegade

How about some love for Bud Dupree. 6'4, 269 and ran a 4.57 forty with a 42" vertical. Those are some serious "wow" numbers. And, oh ya, managed 23.5 career sacks while playing in the SEC on a bad team. I'm not saying I like him more than Beasley, I don't, but the dude has to be in the mix if TB likes size with his OLB.

this is the guy i want also not sure at 6 though maybe we can find a trade partner pick up a extra 2 or 3 and move to the 10-12 draft range where i think this guy would be a steal.

budindex.jpeg

U

ucrenegade

From Tony Pauline

It was bandied about the internet the New York Jets spent a significant amount of time with Philip Dorsett. I can confirm this to be true. Besides the Jets the other team who has taking a liking to the speedy wide out are the Green Bay Packers.

and..even more interesting

Getting back to the New York Jets, I spoke with a league insiders about the teams free agency plans. I was told the Jets intend to be big players in the free agent market, specifically on defense. I’m told they will target outside linebackers and cornerbacks as big ticket items. They evidently will look for younger, taller corners. Potential free agents who fit the mold include Davon House, Chris Culliver and someone familiar to the teams new general manager Bob Maccagnan, Kareem Jackson. I’m told they will look to add depth on the defensive line and hope to add a mid-value guard, someone that won’t cost a lot of money. When asked if the Jets would go after Mike Iupati the response was, “the present belief around the league is they won’t spend $8 million for Iupati.”

FA LB
Outside linebackers

Sam Acho, Arizona Cardinals

Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagles

Pernell McPhee, Baltimore Ravens
Derrick Morgan, Tennessee Titans
Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins

[SIZE=5[B]]Brooks Reed, Houston Texans [/B]
[/SIZE]O'Brien Schofield, Seattle Seahawks

Malcolm Smith, Seattle Seahawks

Jason Worilds, Pittsburgh Steelers

these guys i would be looking into

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Where's all this Parker talk coming from? If White and Cooper are gone by6, I surely don't want to take Parker at 6. If Cooper and white are gone and we signed an OLB FA, I desperately try to trade down. I don't know if Parker is that much better than Beckham and Perriman, so why take him at 6?
Their saying Parker is the 3rd ranked WR in this draft and has been ranked in the top of WRs all year. He is 6'3" and a solid 210 or better I believe and he ran the 40 yard dash faster then Cooper. So why wouldn't he be consider as a top ten pick?

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Their saying Parker is the 3rd ranked WR in this draft and has been ranked in the top of WRs all year. He is 6'3" and a solid 210 or better I believe and he ran the 40 yard dash faster then Cooper. So why wouldn't he be consider as a top ten pick?
\

Wouldnt take Parker at 6......look at it logistically..IF both WR both QBs are gone...we have choice of Tres Wayne, Leonard Williams, Gregory, Fowler, Dupree etc..and prob some trade opportunities.....dont grab 3rd best Wr in second round or maybe slight trade up Maybe DGB, Dorsett, Coates, Hardy, Perriman.....take a monster Defensive player and move on....

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
these guys i would be looking into

THink Brooks Reed is a very intriguing option MCCG knows him.....and I loved him out of Arizona St coming out....was a rotation guy but think he could be like Connor Barwin same situation as not playing w Texans..going somewhere else...

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
\

Wouldnt take Parker at 6......look at it logistically..IF both WR both QBs are gone...we have choice of Tres Wayne, Leonard Williams, Gregory, Fowler, Dupree etc..and prob some trade opportunities.....dont grab 3rd best Wr in second round or maybe slight trade up Maybe DGB, Dorsett, Coates, Hardy, Perriman.....take a monster Defensive player and move on....
A beast LB or DE that we can truly convert to a beast LB I can deal with. Not sure if there are any first round CBs or safeties worth the #6 pick and I would be hot with a CB or S pick at #6 anyway. D-line we don't need at all so trading down or the best o-linemen we can get or drafting that premiere edge pass rusher and coverage LB will work. Other then that, draft Parker if the QBs and top two WRs are gone.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

He did?

White 4.35
Cooper 4.42
Parker 4.45
Beckham 4.49 (6'6 237 lbs)

Perriman hasn't run yet at 6'3 215.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Cooper has an amazing feel for the position. He knows how to run routes, set players up, find open seams, etc. On the heels of the combine this kind of stuff gets so lost in the shuffle. If the Raiders took White at 4 and left Cooper for us at 6, I would be ecstatic. It would also be such a "Raiders" kind of move to pass up the gamer for the shinier toy.

Also lost is Cooper reportedly has huge hands. This is why he's so good getting the ball in traffic and on fade routes.