COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I agree but we have neglected the offense so badly in recent years in the draft. We are a rare exception to this rule.

If we can't get Mariota, would you consider Beasley/Fowler/Gregory in the first, then go wr in the second? It seems as if there would be some really good wr options left in round two, but no where near the level of pass rusher in round two especially if Dupree and Harold go in the first.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Good points Occh. I put Wr behind QB, OL, Pass Rusher, and CB. I look at the Lions with Calvin Johnson, and they don't win anything. To me, WR is like the icing on the cake. You need to have the other pieces in place first.

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Good points Occh. I put Wr behind QB, OL, Pass Rusher, and CB. I look at the Lions with Calvin Johnson, and they don't win anything. To me, WR is like the icing on the cake. You need to have the other pieces in place first.

The only position I may not agree with is CB. I think it's easier for an offense to gameplan around an elite CB than for a defense to prepare for an elite WR.

Then again, maybe the Wilson/Miliner draft picks are clouding my objectivity . . .:hopelessness:

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics

soj

retired Veteran
Jet Fanatics
Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 48m48 minutes ago

New York Jets bringing in sleeper cornerback Travis Lee of Miles College for an official visit.

Travis Lee is a size and speed phenom at six foot one with his tremendous range and tenacious hitting ability.

A former Tuskegee Golden Tiger, Lee led Miles College with six interceptions last season and was eighth in total tackles with 40.

The Atlanta native plays with a chip on his shoulder and possesses the length as well as the physicality it takes to survive on an island at cornerback.

My kind of CB and looks like our new regime is leaving no rocks unturned....

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

One of the things I like about him, and this is something Beckham had going for him, is he's grown up around the business, watching tape of dad, keeping his nose clean in the spot light. He's a pro's pro. I dont think he'll be a prospect with off the field issues that works hard on his game.

Two other things, look at the huge frame (big and wide, which is perfect with the rules the way they are, he can easily shield defenders)...and he catches the ball with his hands. Two other great qualities. If we dont go Cooper/White #6 , gonna be a tough call between WR and CB rd 2.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Greg Cosell: Randy Gregory is a better athlete than Jadeveon Clowney

Posted by Josh Alper on February 26, 2015, 9:33 AM EST
2015 NFL Scouting Combine
Getty Images
Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory said before the combine that he thinks he’s worthy of being the first overall pick of this year’s draft.

With the Buccaneers in need of a quarterback in a year with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota available, that’s unlikely to happen but at least one draft analyst thinks Gregory is a better prospect than the guy who went first overall last season.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films has said in the past that he feels Gregory is a better prospect than Jadeveon Clowney, who was described by some as a once-in-a-blue-moon prospect heading into the draft last year. During an appearance on The Midday 180 on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville on Wednesday, Cosell said he “probably” still feels that way after watching Gregory during the combine.

“He’s a better athlete than Clowney. He’s more flexible. He’s more explosive in his movement,” Cosell said. “Clearly, not as strong. Clowney could get inside and push back, but Clowney did not have the loose hips that this guy does. Gregory’s a much more explosive mover, a much looser athlete.”

Gregory weighed 235 pounds at the combine and Cosell said the big question about his transition to the NFL is whether he’s going to have enough power and strength to win when engaged with bigger blockers. That’s balanced with having “the traits you would theoretically put down on a piece of paper” for a successful pass rusher, leaving teams high in the draft with an interesting decision to make in a draft with several pass rushing prospects.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Greg Cosell: Randy Gregory is a better athlete than Jadeveon Clowney

Posted by Josh Alper on February 26, 2015, 9:33 AM EST
2015 NFL Scouting Combine
Getty Images
Nebraska defensive end Randy Gregory said before the combine that he thinks he’s worthy of being the first overall pick of this year’s draft.

With the Buccaneers in need of a quarterback in a year with Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota available, that’s unlikely to happen but at least one draft analyst thinks Gregory is a better prospect than the guy who went first overall last season.

Greg Cosell of NFL Films has said in the past that he feels Gregory is a better prospect than Jadeveon Clowney, who was described by some as a once-in-a-blue-moon prospect heading into the draft last year. During an appearance on The Midday 180 on 104.5 The Zone in Nashville on Wednesday, Cosell said he “probably” still feels that way after watching Gregory during the combine.

“He’s a better athlete than Clowney. He’s more flexible. He’s more explosive in his movement,” Cosell said. “Clearly, not as strong. Clowney could get inside and push back, but Clowney did not have the loose hips that this guy does. Gregory’s a much more explosive mover, a much looser athlete.”

Gregory weighed 235 pounds at the combine and Cosell said the big question about his transition to the NFL is whether he’s going to have enough power and strength to win when engaged with bigger blockers. That’s balanced with having “the traits you would theoretically put down on a piece of paper” for a successful pass rusher, leaving teams high in the draft with an interesting decision to make in a draft with several pass rushing prospects.

Cosell like so many "football experts" has never liked Clowney. Clowney is a monster like Mario Williams. Comparing Clowney to Gregory is a joke !

Go Jets...Cyborg

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Cosell like so many "football experts" has never liked Clowney. Clowney is a monster like Mario Williams. Comparing Clowney to Gregory is a joke !

Go Jets...Cyborg

Clowney is going to go down in history as a bust, like Kijana Carter. It may be due to injury, but he'll never live up to #1 pick value. Eventually, people will look back on comparing Clowney to Mario Williams as a joke.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Greg Cosell: Randy Gregory is a better athlete than Jadeveon Clowney.
Gregory scares me because he's a little bit too lite in the ass, similar to Aaron Maybin. I know he's a better player than Maybin, but he's only in the 230's and reportedly his weight was down to 213 not too long ago. I'd be a little nervous about that if we drafted him, thats why I prefer the other edge rushers at #6 if we do take an edge rusher. I have Fowler #1 , then Shane Ray, Vic Beasley and Bud Dupree in a virtual dead heat, then Randy Gregory.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Clowney is going to go down in history as a bust, like Kijana Carter. It may be due to injury, but he'll never live up to [URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] pick value. Eventually, people will look back on comparing Clowney to Mario Williams as a joke.

Big difference between being a BUST, or not living up to being the #1 pick! If you remember Super Mario was run out of Texas before the light switch came on in Buffalo. Clowney is a stud, and once healthy you'll see.

Go Jets...Cyborg

lounap23

Legend
Jet Fanatics
Big difference between being a BUST, or not living up to being the [URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 [/URL] pick! If you remember Super Mario was run out of Texas before the light switch came on in Buffalo. Clowney is a stud, and once healthy you'll see.

Go Jets...Cyborg

When Mario Williams Is on the field his production isn't much difference in Buffalo as it was in Houston... No light switch came on. It came on after his rookie year.. Minus his rookie year he avg'd .74 sacks a game in HOU and in Buffalo he is at .79. Injury in a contract year is what led him to Buffalo. Ho didn't want to pay him what he was looking for especially with Cushing, Watt and Barwin playing at a high level without him and not to mention how well the D played overall without him... And for what it's worth he is very good player but the #1 overall pick should be playing the way JJ Watt is playin...