COMBINE...THIS WEEK, Ladies and Gents

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Charles Davis @CFD22 · 2h2 hours ago

Watching some ILBs today-more convinced than ever that Stephone Anthony of Clemson IS one of the best-Sees gaps and goes, gets in pass lanes

He's not the sharpest crayon in the box, but he's a humble kid and a hard worker. He was on Sirius this week getting grilled and did very good. You can tell he's a vocal player, smart, and instinctive for sure. I think he'll be a player.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He's not the sharpest crayon in the box, but he's a humble kid and a hard worker. He was on Sirius this week getting grilled and did very good. You can tell he's a vocal player, smart, and instinctive for sure. I think he'll be a player.

Do you think he'd make it to round three? Whether we keep Harris or not, we need to start to groom his replacement.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Do you think he'd make it to round three? Whether we keep Harris or not, we need to start to groom his replacement.

Yes, but first 20 picks. Its too bad we have so many holes to fill, because McKinney is a MLB I like a lot.

Another guy who did better than Anthony during interviews, Eric Kendricks, UCLA. If you like Bobby Wagner MLB Seahawks, you'd like Kendricks. Just an animal. His older brother was drafted by the Eagles 2 years ago and starts for them, Mychal, his father also went to UCLA and later to he CFL.

He did amazing in interviews on the radio, very disciplined, and he and his brother have been living, breathing, and sleeping football since the day they were born. very instinctive and polished player that plays sideline to sideline. His brother tore up the combine and ran a 4.44 40 (for a MLB, that's flying), and 40 inch vertical. Eric ran a 4.61 with a 38 inch vertical (not bad). I like him more than Anthony but think kendricks will go rd 2 because he's a 3 down LB that can play inside and outside backer, rush the passer, cover, and shift into the middle in base defenses. He's a guy you'd rather have on your team than on the other guy's team.

635602187401113419-AP-NFL-Combine-Football-003.jpg

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 31m31 minutes ago

.[COLOR=[URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 6B5D2]@GilesGman[/URL] Top 5 QBs1. Mariota2. Winston3. Grayson4. Hundley5. Petty

Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt · 29m29 minutes ago

.[COLOR=[URL=http://nyjetsfanatics.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=6]#6 6B5D2]@[/COLOR]KMThomas14[/URL] I would take Mariota over Winston for long-range. But it all depends on if I needed QB this year. If so, Winston.

[/COLOR]

Boils down to does he fall to #6 or does Mac and Gaily love him enough to trade up, too much time between now and then to have any idea. The week of the raft always has 600 rumors swirling, and who is going to get mariota will be the non-stop rumor of the week I bet.

LIJETFAN

G ~ Mod
Jet Fanatics
Interesting they have Todd Gurley all the way up to #17 , and had this to say in the caption. "Gurley could end up being the best player in this entire draft class."

I've been telling people how special this kid is if healthy. He will continue to rise as teams go back and look at him on tape. Best back since AP, in my opinion.

I like Gurley too, he's a phenomenal talent. He's even a better prospect than Gordon if he was 100% healthy. The Jets have had back luck taking guys with injuries. And Gurley had a bad knee injury. That's the reason I would not want to see the Jets draft him. I like him a lot as a player but durability is a huge concern. And we cannot spend any more early round picks on guys that can't stay on the field.

Pointdexter

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I like Gurley too, he's a phenomenal talent. He's even a better prospect than Gordon if he was 100% healthy. The Jets have had back luck taking guys with injuries. And Gurley had a bad knee injury. That's the reason I would not want to see the Jets draft him. I like him a lot as a player but durability is a huge concern. And we cannot spend any more early round picks on guys that can't stay on the field.

Solid points there. If Gurley slides to our pick at #37 though, he is definitely worth the risk. He really is the best specimen at the position since AP (who also came back strong from an ACL). With that said, his stock seems to be soaring right now. Walter Football has him going at #16 to the Texans. They said he is ahead of schedule and teams are very pleased with his progress.

In my opinion, I would love to take a flyer on a high reward player like Gurley or Dorial Green-Beckham.

I've said all along that these are the guys who I feel are the best overall players in this draft: Winston, Gurley, Beasley, Cooper, Green-Beckham, Cam Erving, and Duke Johnson. I would like to see us come away with at least one of these players, if not two.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Business trip: Jameis Winston meeting with Bucs owners

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 3, 2015, 10:38 AM EST
Jameis Winston
AP
We’re roughly two months from the 2015 NFL Draft, but a big piece of the puzzle could fall into place this week.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston is in Tampa Bay today as part of a meeting with Buccaneers officials.

He’ll spend plenty of time with ownership while there, in an effort to convince them he’s worth the risk.

Winston has already invited all the investigation any team wants to do, and Bucs coach Lovie Smith signed off on the character questions at the Scouting Combine.

Now Winston has to convince the guys who sign the checks, and this week is his chance.

UPDATE 10:49 a.m. ET: Bucs officials tell PFT it’s a one-day visit, rather than a longer one as Schefter previously reported.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Jameis Winston - QB - Player
After doing more tape study on Florida State QB Jameis Winston, NFL Films' Greg Cosell came away concerned with Winston's "decision making and ball placement."
"The more I watched him, the less I liked him," said Cosell. "Winston was not a very good decision maker within the context of his offense. And the other thing is, his accuracy is very erratic." Cosell noted a "loop" in Winston's throwing motion that too often caused Winston to miss high of his intended targets. "My guess is that's the way he throws," Cosell opined. "I'm not sure you can change that." You can listen to Cosell's full breakdown of this year's quarterback class on the Ross Tucker Podcast, accessible at the link below.
Related: Buccaneers

http://www.rosstucker.com/wp/podcasts/ross-tucker-football-podcast/

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Jameis Winston - QB - Player
After doing more tape study on Florida State QB Jameis Winston, NFL Films' Greg Cosell came away concerned with Winston's "decision making and ball placement."
"The more I watched him, the less I liked him," said Cosell. "Winston was not a very good decision maker within the context of his offense. And the other thing is, his accuracy is very erratic." Cosell noted a "loop" in Winston's throwing motion that too often caused Winston to miss high of his intended targets. "My guess is that's the way he throws," Cosell opined. "I'm not sure you can change that." You can listen to Cosell's full breakdown of this year's quarterback class on the Ross Tucker Podcast, accessible at the link below.
Related: Buccaneers

http://www.rosstucker.com/wp/podcasts/ross-tucker-football-podcast/

Around the combine most were saying that Winston has got what it takes to be a franchise QB. Now two in a row, Jaws and Cosell are starting to call out the warts. I think the QBs in this class generally are not top 10 pick material.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Around the combine most were saying that Winston has got what it takes to be a franchise QB. Now two in a row, Jaws and Cosell are starting to call out the warts. I think the QBs in this class generally are not top 10 pick material.

Hype vs reality.

I'm very skeptical about Winston. I think he's being overvalued. Mariota isn't a lock, either. I think Mariota's best chance of immediate and long term success lies in an Oregon/Chip Kelley style offense. If the Titans or Browns take him, I can see the struggles of adjusting to a pro style offense.

I'm good trading back with some team seduced by the QB hype. I think we can really cash in with that opportunity.