Draft Needs & Projections

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I know most Jet fans are locked into A mid round pick on a QB and I have to include myself in that group. I haven’t done a ton of work on him yet but I’m beginning to consider a 6 or 7th round pick on Joe Milton and throw him on the practice squad for 2-3 years.

I think I might fall into this group as well. I haven't decided yet. We desperately need Offensive tackles and guards. Starters preferably, but we need depth there as well. We need another receiver to compliment Wilson. We do need to find Rogers' replacement. I don't believe he's currently on our roster and we also need a back up QB that can actually take the reins and play winning football. This guy needs to come via trade or free agency. A rookie isn't likely the answer here. Our TE room is starting to come alive but adding another wouldn't hurt. Injuries have hampered it's effectiveness.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think I might fall into this group as well. I haven't decided yet. We desperately need Offensive tackles and guards. Starters preferably, but we need depth there as well. We need another receiver to compliment Wilson. We do need to find Rogers' replacement. I don't believe he's currently on our roster and we also need a back up QB that can actually take the reins and play winning football. This guy needs to come via trade or free agency. A rookie isn't likely the answer here. Our TE room is starting to come alive but adding another wouldn't hurt. Injuries have hampered it's effectiveness.
Wow seeing your post makes me realize how close we are if we get 4-5 new OL and another top WR. Year one of the rebuild of the rebuild starts next year.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I would hate to swap picks with the Raiders for WR D. Adams. I would not mind giving up our #1 or #2 next year along with LG Tomlinson and WR Lazard to offset Adams salary.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
I know most Jet fans are locked into A mid round pick on a QB and I have to include myself in that group. I haven’t done a ton of work on him yet but I’m beginning to consider a 6 or 7th round pick on Joe Milton and throw him on the practice squad for 2-3 years.
I’m a big Tennessee fan and have watched Milton closely over the last two years. Last year I wouldn’t have given two cents for Milton. He has a formidable physical package but he was replaced early in the year because he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. This past season he improved considerably with his accuracy and touch, but there is something missing with his processing that gives me pause. Remember also that the offense is a bit gimmicky and Milton’s success in it may not translate to the next level. Just my two cents.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m a big Tennessee fan and have watched Milton closely over the last two years. Last year I wouldn’t have given two cents for Milton. He has a formidable physical package but he was replaced early in the year because he couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn. This past season he improved considerably with his accuracy and touch, but there is something missing with his processing that gives me pause. Remember also that the offense is a bit gimmicky and Milton’s success in it may not translate to the next level. Just my two cents.
I’m not sold on him either but his physical gifts is warrant investing at least a 6 or 7th round pick on and at least 2 years on a practice squad. Kid is 6’4” 240 with a cannon on his right side and is mobile . We can always draft another project in 25 or sign yet another in 24 after we add that veteran to backup Rodgers .

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I would hate to swap picks with the Raiders for WR D. Adams. I would not mind giving up our #1 or #2 next year along with LG Tomlinson and WR Lazard to offset Adams salary.
I'm guessing Tomlison and Lazard will both be gone this off season and it would be nice to get something for them. I think Becton will be gone too, Maybe some team will be willing to try to deal with his negative yardage policy.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Looking back at "G's " list I think Conklin, JFM, Reed, and Carter II will all still be here.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My point exactly.......................
That said there’s something about that kid that screams winner . There’s no way the Huskies should have beaten the Ducks once much less twice. If he manages to take his team to the National championship game I might entertain that possibility and secure a second round pick just for the opportunity.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm guessing Tomlison and Lazard will both be gone this off season and it would be nice to get something for them. I think Becton will be gone too, Maybe some team will be willing to try to deal with his negative yardage policy.
I'm not so sure. Lazard is on a big contract and was signed to please Rodgers, so let Rodgers get production out of him. As for Tomlinson he will be under contract and we will need a warm body to replace him. We would have to make a significant offer to Becton to keep him, so it could depend on what we can get away with paying him, how much the CS think he is affected by his injury, and what alternatives we have at left tackle.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
That said there’s something about that kid that screams winner . There’s no way the Huskies should have beaten the Ducks once much less twice. If he manages to take his team to the National championship game I might entertain that possibility and secure a second round pick just for the opportunity.
Nothing screams winner like being drafted by the Jets:nono:

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
As I said earlier, eighth looks like the ceiling with the chance to drop six places or so if we 'screw the pooch' at New England next week. Tankathon currently has us taking a WR in the first and an OT from the major school of Yale in the third, if those are the actual picks then Douglas should be fired (preferably from a large-caliber cannon) before next season even starts.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
As I said earlier, eighth looks like the ceiling with the chance to drop six places or so if we 'screw the pooch' at New England next week. Tankathon currently has us taking a WR in the first and an OT from the major school of Yale in the third, if those are the actual picks then Douglas should be fired (preferably from a large-caliber cannon) before next season even starts.
Tankathon has us taking a TE. Brock Bowers from Georgia.
Douglas has to nail down the o line and that's going to take FA, Draft and possibly a trade or 2.
If they don't, Rodgers gets broken and were right back to starting over with a complete overhaul.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Douglas has to nail down the o line and that's going to take FA, Draft and possibly a trade or 2.
If they don't, Rodgers gets broken and were right back to starting over with a complete overhaul.
When I looked Bowers had gone earlier and we were taking Nabers. I still want a RT if both the LTs have gone, nobody is giving away good tackles in FA unless they are washed up or have big wage demands, and there is the 'Jets factor' where players who have a choice will usually go elsewhere.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Right on. First priority has to be protecting Rogers, plain and simple. After that a #2 receiver may be the plan because Lazard, who hasn't produced as they had hoped is almost certainly going to still be here and unless he really turns it on he is not a #2 and we need a #2 to balance out with Wilson. The #2 might come via trade.