Draft Needs & Projections

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
No matter who JD picks, he's a bum. That player will immediately suck in the eyes of Jets fans.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
No matter who JD picks, he's a bum. That player will immediately suck in the eyes of Jets fans.
Unfortunately more have been bums than players. I really like a few of his picks and trades, but like I have said many times before his record is abysmal. Watching the Texans go from last to first and win their division in one year shows it can be done and JD has not even sniffed a winning season.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Unfortunately more have been bums than players. I really like a few of his picks and trades, but like I have said many times before his record is abysmal. Watching the Texans go from last to first and win their division in one year shows it can be done and JD has not even sniffed a winning season.
Every other team hits on every pick. So it should be easy replacing Douglas.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Every other team hits on every pick. So it should be easy replacing Douglas.
I get it he is the best GM the Jets have had in a long time, but that doesn't excuse the abysmal rebuild and record. I wish I could suck at my job this bad and still get paid.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I get it he is the best GM the Jets have had in a long time, but that doesn't excuse the abysmal rebuild and record. I wish I could suck at my job this bad and still get paid.
It's not abysmal. And certainly not when compared to others in the league, or to his predecessors with the Jets.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It's not abysmal. And certainly not when compared to others in the league, or to his predecessors with the Jets.
So when can we as Jet fans start to expect excellence as opposed to a regime with 3 seasons with 7 wins as their maximum? His record is worse than Maccagnan. I'm not saying he is worse because he has brought in a few players that are definitely superior to what Macc did. 5 years to get to 7 wins twice should not be acceptable. 27-56. Even John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan have had a .500 or winning season. If you take away JD's first season that everyone says was Mac's then his winning percentage drops and Mac's goes up.

John Idzik .375 winning %
Mike Maccagnan .375 winning %
Jelly Donut .325 winning %

Last edited:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So when can we as Jet fans start to expect excellence as opposed to a regime with 3 seasons with 7 wins as their maximum? His record is worse than Maccagnan. I'm not saying he is worse because he has brought in a few players that are definitely superior to what Macc did. 5 years to get to 7 wins twice should not be acceptable. 27-56. Even John Idzik and Mike Maccagnan have had a .500 or winning season. If you take away JD's first season that everyone says was Mac's then his winning percentage drops and Mac's goes up.

John Idzik .375 winning %
Mike Maccagnan .375 winning %
Jelly Donut .325 winning %
When the team has better health on the OL and more competent QB play. Those are the two factors remaining. I agree with upgrading the OL, and it should be a top priority. But some of the pieces are already in place. They've just been banged up the past two years to an unprecedented degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
If he can duplicate the success of his draft from 2 years ago, I think everyone will be happy.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
We have the 10th pick. If we had the 6th thru the 8th pick. I would wait to see if the top 2 OT fall to us, but now I don't see it happening. I now agree with Tebow and Tinstar and trade down to try and acquire a 2nd Rd pick. I would love to double down on the offensive line, but I don't see JD doing that. I just hope he wouldn't go Defense with both picks.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
We have the 10th pick. If we had the 6th thru the 8th pick. I would wait to see if the top 2 OT fall to us, but now I don't see it happening. I now agree with Tebow and Tinstar and trade down to try and acquire a 2nd Rd pick. I would love to double down on the offensive line, but I don't see JD doing that. I just hope he wouldn't go Defense with both picks.
With the 10th pick he really needs to try to trade down (but it's going to be extremely hard).

We have several needs and not enough picks. Free Agency is going to be key to rebuilding the offense

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Penix is the type of player JD would mortgage the farm for. With NO clue that he has had prior ACL and shoulder injuries.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No help for the Jets from the college finale, no player seemed to force his way into the top 10 of the draft and Penix was deflated. JD must have noticed the Washington RT who kept getting called for holding and false starts, if he opts for the draft he is a natural Jet.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I can't wait for Douglas to be fired just so his replacement can be the "worst GM ever" and we can bash everything he does.