Draft Needs & Projections

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Tankathon has us taking a TE. Brock Bowers from Georgia.
Douglas has to nail down the o line and that's going to take FA, Draft and possibly a trade or 2.
If they don't, Rodgers gets broken and were right back to starting over with a complete overhaul.
I wonder how many more years JD needs to fix the OL??

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Imagine the Jets drafted Penix! Can you imagine the NY Post headlines?

I doubt Penix makes it out of the top 7 or 8 picks now.
The hype is starting so expect Him to be long gone by the time the Jets pick.
By the time the draft comes around Penix might be the #1 pick. Depends on the combine. I think He's going to shine there.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics

By the time the draft comes around Penix might be the #1 pick. Depends on the combine. I think He's going to shine there.
I can see the headline now "Penix to Kuntz for the game winning TD"

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

No point pining for a QB we can't use because we can't protect him. If he goes in the top seven that's one less team that can take the LT we need.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m a huge Penix fan but the kid has had multiple foot surgeries and is already 24 years old. Kid shouldn’t be drafted in the first round

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m a huge Penix fan but the kid has had multiple foot surgeries and is already 24 years old. Kid shouldn’t be drafted in the first round
have a 3rd round for this QB, may still be there
Saints
Broncos
Rams
Patriots
Steelers
Buccaneers

all are said to be drafting a QB this year

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
there are a couple of 21 year old QBs in the 6th round I would target to sit behind Rodgers and develop. If Rodgers has 2 maybe 3 years perfect time to develop a youngster, let him learn what not to do.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
we all know unless there is a first round lineman that falls in our lap we won't draft one until day three or sign free agent rookies this is Joe Douglas' M.O.

they will draft another RB likely in round 4 to join Breece and Izzy. They also have a couple on the practice squad that may get their chance next year.

seriously think we may lose out on signing a few of our free agents and will have to draft to fill those voids like at safety, corner and offensive linemen. some guys are screwed bc they are ERFA so they stuck unless we do not tender them. Well we are screwed bc the likes of Chis Glaser and Jake Hanson but silver lining Xavier Newman pretty versatile plays guard or center.

End of the day big decisions to be made, do we tender 5th year option to AVT?

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
At this point I just have ZERO confidence that JD has the ability to fix the broken O line. The line was bad when he got here and he swore he would fix it first, and it has only gotten worse (which I personally didn't think was possible). He seems to be miraculously continually lowering the bar on futility, and his job MO is to always swing for the fences (which means boom or bust on every single pick).

BPA is a great methodology when your team is stacked and thriving. His gluttonous behavior seems to extend to his draft methodology as we continue to take positions "DE" that the team is over stacked with and half the players can't even get on the field. I agree that you should never reach to try to pick a position of need, but we have so many needs which he seems to continually ignore (OL, WR, Safety, LB). You just can't convince me he is doing what's best for the team, when he drafts McDonald and JSN is sitting there begging to be drafted.

I fully expect another head scratching WTF pick this year.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
At this point I just have ZERO confidence that JD has the ability to fix the broken O line. The line was bad when he got here and he swore he would fix it first, and it has only gotten worse (which I personally didn't think was possible). He seems to be miraculously continually lowering the bar on futility, and his job MO is to always swing for the fences (which means boom or bust on every single pick).

BPA is a great methodology when your team is stacked and thriving. His gluttonous behavior seems to extend to his draft methodology as we continue to take positions "DE" that the team is over stacked with and half the players can't even get on the field. I agree that you should never reach to try to pick a position of need, but we have so many needs which he seems to continually ignore (OL, WR, Safety, LB). You just can't convince me he is doing what's best for the team, when he drafts McDonald and JSN is sitting there begging to be drafted.

I fully expect another head scratching WTF pick this year.
Imagine JSN after they benched Lazard. Not having a QB would have hurt him as it did Garrett, but WR would be in good shape next season, but now it's a weakness as well as the OL. And an injured aging QB. What a great time to be a Jets fan.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The receiver I want to draft is Ricky Pearsall . I want a receiver who runs quality routes but most importantly catches the darn ball .

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don’t really care who’s available when we pick in the 1st, we have to trade down. The two tackles that interest me most are Mims from Georgia and Morgan from Arizona

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don’t really care who’s available when we pick in the 1st, we have to trade down. The two tackles that interest me most are Mims from Georgia and Morgan from Arizona
Trading down and getting a 2nd round pick is what JD needs to do, but you know he will go after that boom or soon to be bust player.