Music: GAS, Debate, Exclamation, Exhalation ...

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Never strapped on a 2B. Must weigh a ton and I don't even like picking up LP's in my later years :)

So what do you get, a 12 and a 6 like Jimmy, a 6 and a bass like Rutherford?

I'd want McLaughlin's with two 6's but one scallopped but all my friends will say, "yeah, figures"
Always wanted a Rik bass, so probably would go with Rutherford or Geddy's set-up.
ke-rutherford-playing-a-rickenbacker-double-neck-guitarbass-during-picture-id464460771-s-594x594-jpg.2584494

abc2debe165e90f675e9b00065d7f0c1.jpg

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Back in college, that cover was one of my nitpicks. The spaceship/guitar has four strings. So, should be a bass, uke or tenor guitar. Yet, we see one side of the headstock with with three tuners, which indicates that it's a six string guitar. Now you see why I made nothing of my life.
Now we understand. I hated myself for contributing to/ prolonging the guitar drivel discussion. But your post made it worth it.
Later

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
@Fudbutter Just read this article with Buzzo from the Melvins explaining how Robin Trower was the loudest guitar player he'd ever heard. That's saying a lot from a guy like Buzzo. Seems Trower had a bunch of "hot rodded" Fender twins which he'd routinely fry every week on tour. Also, surprisingly, that Trower only had two pedals on stage, a chorus and wah.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
@Fudbutter Just read this article with Buzzo from the Melvins explaining how Robin Trower was the loudest guitar player he'd ever heard. That's saying a lot from a guy like Buzzo. Seems Trower had a bunch of "hot rodded" Fender twins which he'd routinely fry every week on tour. Also, surprisingly, that Trower only had two pedals on stage, a chorus and wah.

Great find ! 1,000 King Korn stamps for The Prof

The tone Trower got on the Home album (by far his best PH work, no?) was amazing. Been chasing that tone all these years. I thought it was a LP Custom because that's what the album cover shows and well, it just sounds like it.

Twins were really loud and expensive. Everyone wanted one until eveyone wanted Marshall until everyone wanted M-B' s, until everyone wanted boutiques like Dumble, REVV and Soldano's. Now you can just about have 'em all in one box with the high end modelers

By Bridge of Sighs he was all Hi-Watt, at least on stage ... I think

Just added "cook some amps" to my lottery win list

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
speaking of cooking gear ...

I am a murderer. Not 1st degree mind you but I should at least be charged with Pedalslaughter

Found a Fulldrive 2 in the back of one of the "Shelves of Fun". Couldn't get it to work because it's a 2.5" plug, not the standard 3.5" of today's power supply thingees. It was next to an also forgotten Digitech whammy that I haven't used in 20 years and also needed 2.5".

So I brought the proper supply. Tried the XP-100 first and it worked fine, but then I also remembered why it was in the back of the shelf for all this time.

Then the Fulldrive. It immediatley made some noises that sounded ruder than any encounter with young people today and then started screaching like my sister-in-law. Using the 3% of my brain that I haven't burnt out yet, I immediately pulled it out. Smoke started drifting out of the 1/4" jacks and a smell eminated that I have never smelled before and hope to never again. The case never got hot but the smoke came out for quite some time. I used that 3% again and made the expert determination that this was not good.

Shame is that these things started to tick up in value after Mike Fuller "retired".

So what does one do with this? I want to bury it in the backyard with a nice headstone, but the wife came up with a better idea: Leave it in the middle of the music room for all the other pedals to see as an example of what will happen if they don't tweak properly.

Maybe I'll just put it on Ebay

For Sale: 1997 Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (Nonmosfet). Never gigged, only used once in 20 years. Slight defect. As is.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Great find ! 1,000 King Korn stamps for The Prof

The tone Trower got on the Home album (by far his best PH work, no?) was amazing. Been chasing that tone all these years. I thought it was a LP Custom because that's what the album cover shows and well, it just sounds like it.

Twins were really loud and expensive. Everyone wanted one until eveyone wanted Marshall until everyone wanted M-B' s, until everyone wanted boutiques like Dumble, REVV and Soldano's. Now you can just about have 'em all in one box with the high end modelers

By Bridge of Sighs he was all Hi-Watt, at least on stage ... I think

Just added "cook some amps" to my lottery win list
I always assumed Trower was going through Marshalls. Had no idea he was such a nut about Fender Twins.

I grew up with a bunch of guys who were 100% Fender amps. For whatever reason, they never connected (no pun) with me. I had a bunch of cheap knock off amps until i found the right tone with Sunn.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
speaking of cooking gear ...

I am a murderer. Not 1st degree mind you but I should at least be charged with Pedalslaughter

Found a Fulldrive 2 in the back of one of the "Shelves of Fun". Couldn't get it to work because it's a 2.5" plug, not the standard 3.5" of today's power supply thingees. It was next to an also forgotten Digitech whammy that I haven't used in 20 years and also needed 2.5".

So I brought the proper supply. Tried the XP-100 first and it worked fine, but then I also remembered why it was in the back of the shelf for all this time.

Then the Fulldrive. It immediatley made some noises that sounded ruder than any encounter with young people today and then started screaching like my sister-in-law. Using the 3% of my brain that I haven't burnt out yet, I immediately pulled it out. Smoke started drifting out of the 1/4" jacks and a smell eminated that I have never smelled before and hope to never again. The case never got hot but the smoke came out for quite some time. I used that 3% again and made the expert determination that this was not good.

Shame is that these things started to tick up in value after Mike Fuller "retired".

So what does one do with this? I want to bury it in the backyard with a nice headstone, but the wife came up with a better idea: Leave it in the middle of the music room for all the other pedals to see as an example of what will happen if they don't tweak properly.

Maybe I'll just put it on Ebay

For Sale: 1997 Fulltone Fulldrive 2 (Nonmosfet). Never gigged, only used once in 20 years. Slight defect. As is.
Wow. Your wife sounds awesome. Her comment/suggestion got a real laugh out of me.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Took me since the beginning of the pandemic. May finally be finished. To quote Mr. Beck, "ballzz deluxe" ! No point, to the post other than this photo makes me smile.

240310.jpg

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
"It had started out selling sheet music and violins long before it stocked electric guitars, bass, and drums. In the ‘50s it was only the second retailer in NY State to sell Gibson guitars."

When I shuffle off this mortal coil and head to the next level, Shea Stadium and a Sam Ash store will be waiting for me.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I spent more time over at Manny's and that smaller shop across the street which had tons of older vintage stuff. Can't recall the name.
12928387_1033319993391095_3124303836697174274_n.png

great picture !

That has to be back in the late 1700's before they put up buildings in midtown and 48th St was still dirt. It just stood there all alone. Manny built it originally to sell Les Pauls to the local Native American population.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
great picture !

That has to be back in the late 1700's before they put up buildings in midtown and 48th St was still dirt. It just stood there all alone. Manny built it originally to sell Les Pauls to the local Native American population.
That shot is a reproduction from the original heliography. Manny commissioned Joseph Nicéphore Niépce once he read about the new imaging process while scouting new lute "technology" in France. Although he thought the better of it, Manny's original intent was for his burgeoning shop to focus solely on Renaissance instruments.