Music: GAS, Debate, Exclamation, Exhalation ...

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Phil son nic is pretty good too.

True story that Buddy Rich was in the hospital & Phil Collins calls him up & says you may have never heard of me but when you get out I would love to work with you on a project. To Phil's surprise Buddy says I have heard of you & I would love too........Buddy died....would have loved to seen that concert.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Saw Bruford when he played with Genesis at my first concert in 1976. the two together were amazing but so were Chester & Phil for years.

Genesis has always had a secret weapon & that is Anthony Phillips who plays the most amazing 12 string guitar In fact early Genesis sometimes had three of them going on the same song. He is the only one of the six i have not met.

It was fun when Hackett, Banks and Rutherford all played acoustic. Came out great on the records too, but even better was that all three also had Moog Taurus bass pedals at their feet. Darn things are powerful as heck. There are passages on the Selling England where they use them and rattles the room you are in. There was a guy in the next dorm over in school who loved to blast those passages and you would feel it in our building.

I loved those concerts. If only there was some band that had people who would take a break from high end playing of bass and keys to pick up an acoustic or use authentic Moog Taurus pedals while playing amazing compositions in a total show. Oh wait ... there is (have you figured that I am going to keep bringing this up to you until you see them?)

Phiilps was good at what he does but without Hackett, no Musical Box (the song, not the band every Genesis fan would love ... the only place Return of Giant Hogweed ... returns ... he-he)

BTW: Still waiting on Genesis stories

I like to have a meal outside the Tarrytown music hall at the Greek place on the corner. there is a burger place next to the Ridgefield playhouse.

Lefertis is our fav too. We love eating outside and they go pretty long into fall before they take in the tables. We use the town for a lot of things (excellent old folks walking town) and always wind up there so they know us by name. The burger place down the hill is pretty good too plus has outdoor seating and has the added benefit of passing the ice cream store on the way back to the theater. Of course there are so many others but not many really good ones.

Speaking of ice cream and concerts, the ice cream place on Main St in Ridgefield is amazing, no?

I hope both venues survive this. Tarrytown sends out "help us" emails almost weekly. Now there is a band that plays both venues ...

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
One Phil Collins story.

I had a big appointment in CT to sell in-car videos to a local PD. Well as luck would have it I won a contest to see Phil in a short concert at XM studios in Washington with just 30 other people on the same day. I told my wife that I could not go because of my appointment. Behind my back she calls the dept & the captain says tell Rich to go we can make another date later on. So, I went. I decide to get down there early because they warned us by e-mail that parking would be difficult. So, I do the hotel & steak dinner thing & drive to XM studios three hours early lol. There were a few spots on the street as I was incredibly early, but I decide to go inside & ask first just to make sure it was the right location etc.

I tell the lady at the inside desk that I am here for the Phil Collins event........she because I am so early assumes I am part of the group & tells me “do not park on the street use the lot”. I thought it was kind of strange but thought Ok why not. So, I get back in the car & drive to the lot with a gate & two security guards.........For work I had a light bar mounted on my white crown Vic. But at the time I did not put 2 & 2 together lol. The guards wave & open the gate. So, I drive in & they point me to a great space in a crowded lot.

When I get out of my car I see a guy standing outside standing by himself in the secure parking lot talking on a cell phone. When I look again I see that it is Phil lol.. Ok, I am a little slow but then it hits me how I have made it in so far lol. I laugh as I walk up to Phil but as I get closer I hear that he is having a heated talk with the other person on the line, so I decide to just walk in the door that was there.

I find myself in the green room with the band & we start talking after getting a pass put on me. Security is walking all around me, but nobody knows that I got in by mistake lol. Fudbutter you will appreciate this I start talking to Leland Sklar. No, I did not ask him when was the last time he had a shave but he was as nice as can be. A question that I remember was do you ever play guitar? His answer “No too many strings” (laughs) & he went on to say “Phil wants me to play a five string bass more, but I fight him on this”. So, we stayed there talking for some time.

The next guy I really spoke for some time with was Daryl Stuermer . We are talking & some security guard decides to ask me....who I was...Darn. So, I tell him my story as I am a real honest person. He gets on his radio & says We have a security breach in the green room or whatever they called it. Now a group gets around me & they have a pow wow........not too happy with me they say you got to move your car out of the lot & find a spot on the street..........So for those that do not know me I get angry....I should add during our semi heated talk Daryl comes to me & said don't worry I will bail you out of jail lol. So, what did I say? I said look guys I did everything right I get here early; I ask the question where I should park & you people tell me where to go. I followed your directions 100% & now a few minutes before the concert you tell me to go back outside where there will be no spaces for a mile.....NO. Daryl & a few others from the band said let him stay he is already in the lot. So, they talk & say Ok you can stay............................There is more to the story but that covers the parking lot part of my semi-private Phil Collins concert.

Part two will be Me & Phil in the bathroom together LOL.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
It was fun when Hackett, Banks and Rutherford all played acoustic. Came out great on the records too, but even better was that all three also had Moog Taurus bass pedals at their feet. Darn things are powerful as heck. There are passages on the Selling England where they use them and rattles the room you are in. There was a guy in the next dorm over in school who loved to blast those passages and you would feel it in our building.

I loved those concerts. If only there was some band that had people who would take a break from high end playing of bass and keys to pick up an acoustic or use authentic Moog Taurus pedals while playing amazing compositions in a total show. Oh wait ... there is (have you figured that I am going to keep bringing this up to you until you see them?)

Phiilps was good at what he does but without Hackett, no Musical Box (the song, not the band every Genesis fan would love ... the only place Return of Giant Hogweed ... returns ... he-he)

BTW: Still waiting on Genesis stories

Lefertis is our fav too. We love eating outside and they go pretty long into fall before they take in the tables. We use the town for a lot of things (excellent old folks walking town) and always wind up there so they know us by name. The burger place down the hill is pretty good too plus has outdoor seating and has the added benefit of passing the ice cream store on the way back to the theater. Of course there are so many others but not many really good ones.

There is a story where Mike got a cramp in his foot & Steve took over without missing a beat.

Speaking of ice cream and concerts, the ice cream place on Main St in Ridgefield is amazing, no?

I hope both venues survive this. Tarrytown sends out "help us" emails almost weekly. Now there is a band that plays both venues ...

Last edited:

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
There was/is a nice place in Portchester that Steve played at at one time. Nice Caribbean restaurant there at one time,

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Perfect Concert World:

Tarrytown building design (it is really old so the balcony extends way out over the seats and first row hangs right in front of the act)
Palace Theater (Albany) up keep, maintance (it's stunning)
Daryl's set up with tables (plus their food which is surprisingly good)
Ridgefield parking (or insider parking like at XM studios)
Iridium lineups
... and afterwards, no meet and greet, just a jam session wth the band on stage (Sklar !) and you get to use their gear

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
ok. TOP, what is hip, kicks ass! music is great. I could do without the singing though. be happier if it was just instrumental. Like Bill Chase. look him up if you don't know him. should fit your kind of music I think they classified him as jazz fusion. He played trumpet and could play so freakin high. Played with Maynard Ferguson for a while and others too. Then had his own band, made 3 albums and then unfortunately like other musicians back in the day, I think 3 of them died in a plane crash. just looked it uo on Roon. Died in 74

his music is not easy to find, but one day I was searching Amazon and they had just come out with a reissue of all 3 albums on 1 cd. of course I bought it. once I got it and listened to it, I called my old highschool band instructor who I still keep in touch with, we call him Chief, I said Chief, I just got all the Chase albums and if there was no singing, I could listen to them all day , the music kicks ass. and I mean that in a good way of course

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Perfect Concert World:

Tarrytown building design (it is really old so the balcony extends way out over the seats and first row hangs right in front of the act)
Iridium lineups
... and afterwards, no meet and greet, just a jam session wth the band on stage (Sklar !) and you get to use their gear
I keep offering my garage but they turn me down everytime

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Perfect Concert World:

Iridium lineups
There are no bad seats in some of these places.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Just remember going to acoustic hackett at borders in White plains with like 15 people there. Touching experience for another quick story

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
There are no bad seats in some of these places.
yeah. Like Ridgefield and infinity hall are so small you can't go wrong. infinity hall is funny, I only went there once to see otmar Leibert. my son wanted to go, so we went. easily bought front row seats. they have food in the balcony so most people want to sit up there. most people didn't even know who the guy was. just a bunch of older locals or probably weekenders.

Ridgefield was a little different, we were probably lucky to get front row seats to Satriani. maybe not, don't know, but you couldn't go too wrong there either

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
Good trivia the Beatles had three top hits in the top 20 at the same time. no one has had fours at the same but only the six have had five in the same week top 20

Gabriel, Collins, Genesis, Mike & the mechanics & Hackett (with GTR) funny is the two best may be banks & Phillips but they don't cave in at all to sell records not that the others do. six of the best
without looking up the answer, here's my guess for what the songs were, when the Heart Rules the Mind, Silent Running, Inviible touch, One More Night, Sledgehammer. I know the first one is right. after that, the other albums had a few hits

listening to Phil right now. I like a lot of his songs and not sure which is my favorite, but one of them is In the Air Tonight. no surprise right? but the version on Serious Hits Live. It sounds so good on my stereo. Not all live albums sound that great. that song makes me picture being at the show

while on the topic of favorite versions of favorite songs, here's a couple other ones. Love the Eagles. 2 of my favorite songs, again no surprise here Hotel California and Desperado. The Hell Freezes over version of Hotel is my favorite. then the version from Farewell tour. Desperado, I probably also listen to the hell freezes over version most, but a few years ago I found a live version by Linda Ronstadt that I just love. I end most of my listening sessions with both versions

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
without looking up the answer, here's my guess for what the songs were, when the Heart Rules the Mind, Silent Running, Inviible touch, One More Night, Sledgehammer. I know the first one is right. after that, the other albums had a few hits

listening to Phil right now. I like a lot of his songs and not sure which is my favorite, but one of them is In the Air Tonight. no surprise right? but the version on Serious Hits Live. It sounds so good on my stereo. Not all live albums sound that great. that song makes me picture being at the show

while on the topic of favorite versions of favorite songs, here's a couple other ones. Love the Eagles. 2 of my favorite songs, again no surprise here Hotel California and Desperado. The Hell Freezes over version of Hotel is my favorite. then the version from Farewell tour. Desperado, I probably also listen to the hell freezes over version most, but a few years ago I found a live version by Linda Ronstadt that I just love. I end most of my listening sessions with both versions
The Eagles are good but not the football team lol. My Buddy had a crush on her years ago. He went on to win two World series ...would have been a nice couple lol

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
The Eagles are good but not the football team lol. My Buddy had a crush on her years ago. He went on to win two World series ...would have been a nice couple lol
did I guess any of the songs?
whats with you and hobnobbing with all the rich and famous. you're like Bruce wayne or something? never knew you knew all these people

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
did I guess any of the songs?
whats with you and hobnobbing with all the rich and famous. you're like Bruce wayne or something? never knew you knew all these people
LOL Hey you drink $20.00 beer & buy $$$$ stereo. I did grow up within a mile of Joe Torre, Pete Rozelle. Also next to the president of the AL & future GM of two WS winners lol Lucky i guess

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
LOL Hey you drink $20.00 beer & buy $$$$ stereo. I did grow up within a mile of Joe Torre, Pete Rozelle. Also next to the president of the AL & future GM of two WS winners lol Lucky i guess
lol. I grew up in Warren. we had a traffic light. and they still do