Music: GAS, Debate, Exclamation, Exhalation ...

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
but now that I think of it, my closest neighbor was about half mile away. he was Eric Sloane a fairly famous painter(artist)of old barns and such. the next owner of his house, and he also bought our old house, was Milos Foreman. He was the director on One flew over the cuckoos nest and Amadeus. I have a book signed by Eric Sloane but dont think I ever saw Milos.

oh yeah, I drank beers with Cliff Robinson. I think those are my only brushes with fame

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
but now that I think of it, my closest neighbor was about half mile away. he was Eric Sloane a fairly famous painter(artist)of old barns and such. the next owner of his house, and he also bought our old house, was Milos Foreman. He was the director on One flew over the cuckoos nest and Amadeus. I have a book signed by Eric Sloane but dont think I ever saw Milos.

oh yeah, I drank beers with Cliff Robinson. I think those are my only brushes with fame
Cool I drank beers with myself often. I even have my autograph

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Cool stuff I had the yamaha stuff way back bunch simpler then this but did the trick.

But my stuff was for the one piece of equipment I could play .....My CD player

Last edited:

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Also for anyone who might care to get some bargain items for the kids:

Sweetwater is selling Behringer pedals for $19, about half price. They were bargains to begin with. Each pedal is a clone of something way more expensive and just about nails it.

Best bets are:

TO-800 - Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer (overdrive)
UV-300 - Boss VB-2 (vibrato)
SF300 - Boss FZ-2 (fuzz)
DR-400 - Boss RV-3 (reverb/delay)
GD121 - Tech 21 SansAmp (if you don't have an amp and want to play through headphones)

The rest of the list is here:

If you are a good Dad/Mom and your kid does not have any effects, here's your basics and the order that they should put them in. Don't forget the 6" 1/4" to 1/4" connector cables:

compressor-overdrive-distortion-chorus-delay-reverb. WIth this deal you can do the whole thing for close to $100.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Also for anyone who might care to get some bargain items for the kids:

Sweetwater is selling Behringer pedals for $19, about half price. They were bargains to begin with. Each pedal is a clone of something way more expensive and just about nails it.

Best bets are:

TO-800 - Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer (overdrive)
UV-300 - Boss VB-2 (vibrato)
SF300 - Boss FZ-2 (fuzz)
DR-400 - Boss RV-3 (reverb/delay)
GD121 - Tech 21 SansAmp (if you don't have an amp and want to play through headphones)

The rest of the list is here:

If you are a good Dad/Mom and your kid does not have any effects, here's your basics and the order that they should put them in. Don't forget the 6" 1/4" to 1/4" connector cables:

compressor-overdrive-distortion-chorus-delay-reverb. WIth this deal you can do the whole thing for close to $100.

Much easier in the day & age of LSD......all the above in one little pill LOl Just kidding kids

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

this is pretty cool

Back in the 80's WNEW-FM had a segment on theor morning drive show call "Close Encounters of the Celebrity Kind" where peole called in with stories like that. Some funny stories.

Someone should start a thread like that

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
my guitar player son, doesnt even plug in anymore. he just plays his electric unplugged. I had bought him a Blackstar amp that I thought was pretty good, but oddly, he never liked to play loud so he sold it. I think, with pedals, he only ever liked one or maybe a couple different tones so he never had a ton of them either. Now he has this little yamaha amp not much bigger then a lunch box, that I think might do some fx too. not sure anymore. I used to try and keep him in cool stuff when he was young. he's 24 now so just does his own thing. he did just buy a new guitar though. Paul Reed Smith custom se

he's also got an 80's vintage Ibanez with Satch's autograph and another newer guitarist whos name I don't know .

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
my piano playing son, Ryan, kinda the same. got him a Korg electric keyboard or electric piano not sure what youd call it. has weighted keys like a piano and everything, probably 12, 14 years ago cost $800 maybe $1000. then got him a yamaha synthesizer so he could play Jump. Turns out now that he's older he just wants to play classical stuff.

he did percussion in school so also bought him him a fairly expensive drum set, double bass pedals so he could play Hot For Teacher. that thing just takes up space in his room

when he was young and actually would play things that I asked him to, he could play piano man, so I bought him a harmonica to go along. took him about 15 minutes to learn to play both at the same time and sound just like Billy. Now its strictly classical.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
my piano playing son, Ryan, kinda the same. got him a Korg electric keyboard or electric piano not sure what youd call it. has weighted keys like a piano and everything, probably 12, 14 years ago cost $800 maybe $1000. then got him a yamaha synthesizer so he could play Jump. Turns out now that he's older he just wants to play classical stuff.

he did percussion in school so also bought him him a fairly expensive drum set, double bass pedals so he could play Hot For Teacher. that thing just takes up space in his room

when he was young and actually would play things that I asked him to, he could play piano man, so I bought him a harmonica to go along. took him about 15 minutes to learn to play both at the same time and sound just like Billy. Now its strictly classical.
Here is a teacher for him Rock keyboardist Tony Banks goes from Genesis to orchestral revelation | Your Classical | YourClassical

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
interesting. can you hook my son up with a lesson? or I guess I can call Tony and say Butterscotch sent me? do you listen to classical music too? btw Phil Collins Big Band is pretty cool

I was gonna ask you guys if you listened to other genres.

I actually got into country for a while so I have a pretty large country collection. it 's going too pop for my taste right now though

love Kenny G

like some classical. mostly, I look up pieces that we played in band in high school that I liked

how about classical soundtracks? my 3 favorite
1. Last of the Mohicans
2. Braveheart
3. Dances with Wolves

having played trumpet, I listen to some trumpet stuff, but limited to Maynard Ferguson, Bill Chase, and Doc Severinson

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
interesting. can you hook my son up with a lesson? or I guess I can call Tony and say Butterscotch sent me? do you listen to classical music too? btw Phil Collins Big Band is pretty cool

I was gonna ask you guys if you listened to other genres.

I actually got into country for a while so I have a pretty large country collection. it 's going too pop for my taste right now though

love Kenny G

like some classical. mostly, I look up pieces that we played in band in high school that I liked

how about classical soundtracks? my 3 favorite
1. Last of the Mohicans
2. Braveheart
3. Dances with Wolves

having played trumpet, I listen to some trumpet stuff, but limited to Maynard Ferguson, Bill Chase, and Doc Severinson
I dated a Broadway show writers daughter for three years so I like some show music like Tarzan (LOL), Carmen etc. & her dads stuff.

I like classical but mostly I listen to hits by the masters & I am not an expert. But Tony Banks is my favorite by far.