Music: GAS, Debate, Exclamation, Exhalation ...

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hey Guys! Some bullet points from me:
* I love early Genesis, but, I pretty much did a 180 after Duke.
* I hate Phil Collins solo stuff with a passion. Sorry.
* I'm pretty much a metalhead with a lot of progressive influence.
* I love classic rock, but, I'm good not hearing a lot of it ever again. Unless it's a more obscure tune by a popular band. For example, play "The Rover" by Led Zeppelin instead of "Black Dog".
* I don't have any gear. Just the music I'm into.
* I'm not mellowing out with age. I'll be 56 in April.
* There's so much great music out there for everyone if you're not too lazy to search for it.
* I can't wait to see live music again.
* Devin Townsend is one of the greatest singers/artists that a lot of folks don't know.
* I was never into soundtracks, however, they are so important. Platoon always comes to mind. Along with Reservoir Dogs.
* Although I'm not into gear, we own a piano, 2 cellos, a 3/4(i think) stand-up bass, and a viola......my kid's instruments from school.
* Now, I'm going to continue drinking. A local IPA. Cheers, bros!

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
* I love classic rock, but, I'm good not hearing a lot of it ever again. Unless it's a more obscure tune by a popular band. For example, play "The Rover" by Led Zeppelin instead of "Black Dog".
* There's so much great music out there for everyone if you're not too lazy to search for it.
* Devin Townsend is one of the greatest singers/artists that a lot of folks don't know.
* I was never into soundtracks, however, they are so important. Platoon always comes to mind. Along with Reservoir Dogs.
* Although I'm not into gear, we own a piano, 2 cellos, a 3/4(i think) stand-up bass, and a viola......my kid's instruments from school.
Cool I laugh at when people say Phil's solo stuff Brand X, Big band, Jethro Tull, Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, Beatles stuff, Robert Plante, Buddy Richs band etc, etc, etc, etc. He does so much with so many artist........... But too each his own.

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Cool I laugh at when people say Phil's solo stuff Brand X, Big band, Jethro Tull, Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, Beatles stuff, Robert Plante, Buddy Richs band etc, etc, etc, etc. He does so much with so many artist........... But too each his own.
Yeah, I hated his solo shit from the get-go. Plus, his covers are cringeworthy. Oh, I was never a Clapton fan, I always felt he was so overrated. I know, I've taken shit for this stance. Plants solo stuff = Boring. It's all good bro, I'm not a fan of Phil. However, his son's stuff is pretty good.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Yeah, I hated his solo shit from the get-go. Plus, his covers are cringeworthy. Oh, I was never a Clapton fan, I always felt he was so overrated. I know, I've taken shit for this stance. Plants solo stuff = Boring. It's all good bro, I'm not a fan of Phil. However, his son's stuff is pretty good.
No we all have our favorites.......When I got tickets for Plantes tour with Phil I was early. I asked the sales lady for tickets backstage.......she goes why you can get good seats out front. I said no i don't give a dam about Plante I want to hear Phil play drums lol

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
ok. new guy to the thread, I'm a year younger than you. I like more of the mainstream stuff but always looking for something new. lets hear your top 5 songs. if I dont know them, I will listen them

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
ok. new guy to the thread, I'm a year younger than you. I like more of the mainstream stuff but always looking for something new. lets hear your top 5 songs. if I dont know them, I will listen them

Not so new ... The Wicker Man not only has great taste in music (I was really glad to see him weigh in here) but he met Jordan Rudess in person.

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
RIP Chick Corea

Passed away from cancer at 79 this day

From Stan Getz to Miles (In a Silent Way & Bitches Brew) to the various iterations of RTF he was a true hall of famer

My favorite work of his was the Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy album (the Billy Conners one, pre DiMeola)

His work on the grand and the Rhodes was amazing and where he lived. ARP? not so much, he never really did get synths like Jan Hammer did

Genius lost yet preserved in so many recordings. S'long Armando

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hey CH, here are some of my favorites from 2020:

These all came out in '20.
Green Carnation-progressive rock/metal band from Norway.
Psychotic Waltz-American rock band from California
Haken-Progressive rock/metal band from the UK
Pallbearer-American doom metal band(Arkansas).
Dark Tranquillity-Swedish band that uses both harsh and clean vocals. It may not be your thing, but, give it a shot.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
wait until you see his next sons band

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
Hey CH, here are some of my favorites from 2020:

These all came out in '20.
Green Carnation-progressive rock/metal band from Norway.
Psychotic Waltz-American rock band from California
Haken-Progressive rock/metal band from the UK
Pallbearer-American doom metal band(Arkansas).
Dark Tranquillity-Swedish band that uses both harsh and clean vocals. It may not be your thing, but, give it a shot.

a little harder than my normal listening but cool none the less. I like the music more so then the singing. Whats cool is that at our age you are still finding new music to enjoy

I just got Tidal this past year. I never really wanted to pay for a streaming service but gave it a try anyway because all the songs are cd quality or better. whats amazing to me is that when I looked for the songs that you suggested here and also.the ones that Fudbutter suggested, I'm pretty sure I found every one on Tidal. and I had never heard of any of them before.

while I really don't need a streaming service because I own virtually every song that I know that I like it does allow me to easily find new music which is pretty cool

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
a little harder than my normal listening but cool none the less. I like the music more so then the singing. Whats cool is that at our age you are still finding new music to enjoy

I just got Tidal this past year. I never really wanted to pay for a streaming service but gave it a try anyway because all the songs are cd quality or better. whats amazing to me is that when I looked for the songs that you suggested here and also.the ones that Fudbutter suggested, I'm pretty sure I found every one on Tidal. and I had never heard of any of them before.

while I really don't need a streaming service because I own virtually every song that I know that I like it does allow me to easily find new music which is pretty cool
When you found the best your don't need the rest lol

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I forgot this story lol I am in Mexico with my buddy with the Astros years ago on vacation. & we are both still single. We run into two girls that are on vacation from Canada. We hang out for a few days at the bars........One of them happens to be best friends with Phil's X wife......I have to hear for four days how upset her friend is.......I said look girl keep your thoughts to yourself I don't want to hear that crap......just before he became famous lol.........It is a small world.......before you ask....no I did not?

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
I forgot this story lol I am in Mexico with my buddy with the Astros years ago on vacation. & we are both still single. We run into two girls that are on vacation from Canada. We hang out for a few days at the bars........One of them happens to be best friends with Phil's X wife......I have to hear for four days how upset her friend is.......I said look girl keep your thoughts to yourself I don't want to hear that crap......just before he became famous lol.........It is a small world.......before you ask....no I did not?
do you think you might be getting old enough to where you remember things that you dreamed about when you were young and now they are remembered as reality? lol. just joking, but..

my father, after he had his stroke but before had had lost most of his mind, once told us a story about when he was in the Navy and he docked in Florida and met and hung out in a bar with Frank Sinatra and some hot women. good story, but I wondered why I had never heard it before and wonder if he may have imagined it or not

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
do you think you might be getting old enough to where you remember things that you dreamed about when you were young and now they are remembered as reality? lol. just joking, but..

my father, after he had his stroke but before had had lost most of his mind, once told us a story about when he was in the Navy and he docked in Florida and met and hung out in a bar with Frank Sinatra and some hot women. good story, but I wondered why I had never heard it before and wonder if he may have imagined it or not
No my baseball buddy will back me on this one. He is still running a team as we speak so he can't be nuts too LOL