Update: Deshaun Watson is as confused as we all are

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Just like the Rams-Lions trade, if this Watson trade is going to go down it has to happen before the draft, free agency in fact. I would think or it’s not truly beneficial to either team. Now the Texans seem like they will hold they’re ground in not trading him as long as they can and that’s understandable with a player like Watson but can they? They will want to capitalize off the trade in free agency with the extra money they’ll have and the draft picks to start rebuilding immediately. Same with the Jets or whatever team trades for Watson.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Just like the Rams-Lions trade, if this Watson trade is going to go down it has to happen before the draft, free agency in fact. I would think or it’s not truly beneficial to either team. Now the Texans seem like they will hold they’re ground in not trading him as long as they can and that’s understandable with a player like Watson but can they? They will want to capitalize off the trade in free agency with the extra money they’ll have and the draft picks to start rebuilding immediately. Same with the Jets or whatever team trades for Watson.
Theres no cap relief for the Texans in a Watson trade. They will have to eat a bunch of cap space. They won be players in the FA market this year. Next year they will have the money to add some FAs.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
look the only sure thing,,,,well 94% sure is to trade for Watson. he is a year older then the D man by the spring & ten times better. Yes it will cost but we want a great qb go for it now. I would trade Kyler for Watson in a second I don't like short QB's. Who ever gets Watson will win one of these days. Watch the Pats get him & be back on top in one or two years.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I dpnt want Watson and also dont want to be in current Texans cap situation. Jets have Draft capital to build Jets and players together. Just like KC, and Bills and well under Cap. Why give up our Teams future? Texans in Super Bowl? Nope! Where is all the chatter about Texans got no cash or Draft picks? Why would Jets want to put our team on the verge of Drafting our QB and WRs,RB together and growing a young talented Team together for years to come! Jets management,and cheerleader Jets fans needs to put the brakes on a quick fix at QB while bailing out Texans THATS A complete mess and hand the entire current TEXANS MESS to my JETs to deal with. Crazy to bail out and help Texans out of cap disaster and Player mess they created. I dont want another persons mess, let alone take over to help Texans fix their Team who will be a mess for next 8 to 10 years. Texans are in a huge mess, please,please, JETS dont take that Texans mess to make it a Jets mess that we wont be able to get out of without giving away and losing more. At best in a trade I would give this year 1 pick with no other draft picks and Texans picking up a 3rd in paying money of Watsons contract. Another words NO TRADE.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
If watson such a great deal to trade to Jets, so Texans can have a total young draft rebuilding their team like Chiefs and Bills and Jets can have right now starting by staying our current path way under cap, lots of Draft picks. So if thats bad for Jets, why does Texans wants Jets situation in a Trade? Because its a bad trade for Jets to save Texans ass rebuilding for next decade. This will be the greatest worst trade ever in NFL putting Jets in the toughest team division with no Draft picks or money to do anything while Texans in full rebuilding with Jets 3 years of Draft picks and money thanks to Jets.

Northlaker

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
I would NOT trade(or sign for that matter) the house for a player - regardless of talent - who is also not of impeccable character - which WATSON has clearly shown he is not. Watson is fools game - a trade would strip the club while heavily mortgaging its future. Most predictably the slightest success and Watson will be demanding to re-negotiate etc. - having the team over a barrel.

Douglas has said he wanted to build the franchise the right way - with no quick fixes. Watson falls into the quick fix category.

With what FINALLY appears to be an excellent coaching staff, and the potential/ability of adding good players(upcoming draft(s) together with SMART FA signings - ie NO DOGS) - I have no doubt Darnold(with btw high and laudable character)can succeed.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
If watson such a great deal to trade to Jets, so Texans can have a total young draft rebuilding their team like Chiefs and Bills and Jets can have right now starting by staying our current path way under cap, lots of Draft picks. So if thats bad for Jets, why does Texans wants Jets situation in a Trade? Because its a bad trade for Jets to save Texans ass rebuilding for next decade. This will be the greatest worst trade ever in NFL putting Jets in the toughest team division with no Draft picks or money to do anything while Texans in full rebuilding with Jets 3 years of Draft picks and money thanks to Jets.
Gas why because Wilson is money in the bank so far.....will these guys draft & coach right??????

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I would NOT trade(or sign for that matter) the house for a player - regardless of talent - who is also not of impeccable character - which WATSON has clearly shown he is not. Watson is fools game - a trade would strip the club while heavily mortgaging its future. Most predictably the slightest success and Watson will be demanding to re-negotiate etc. - having the team over a barrel.

Douglas has said he wanted to build the franchise the right way - with no quick fixes. Watson falls into the quick fix category.

With what FINALLY appears to be an excellent coaching staff, and the potential/ability of adding good players(upcoming draft(s) together with SMART FA signings - ie NO DOGS) - I have no doubt Darnold(with btw high and laudable character)can succeed.

LED Zeppelin The Song Remains The Same Lets hope with different singers the song turns out better this time.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
NFL Execs: Texans Telling Teams 'No' on Watson, Leaving QB to Make His Next Move

Looks like this gets ugly ,long and drawn out , he may be forced to show his hand and sit out

I can’t see the new coaching staff moving forward with Darnold and showing improvement and promises

Guess they need to draft a new QB
Or just wallow as bottom feeders again next year if they stick with Sam

How’s his contract come into play ?
Do they have to pick up that 5 th year option this may ? That would cost them approximately $25?mil plus his $8 mil this coming year for him ?
I can’t see that happening.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Or just wallow as bottom feeders again next year if they stick with Sam

How’s his contract come into play ?
Do they have to pick up that 5 th year option this may ? That would cost them approximately $25?mil plus his $8 mil this coming year for him ?
I can’t see that happening.
5th day into the new league year the Jets can pick up Sam's 5th year which right now would be $25 M but because the cap is expected to go down that number might drop some... the Jets could trade Sam mid year and the new team picks up that 5th year but if he lasts all year there is next to no wiggle room to make a move to save some dead loss unless another team agrees to trade for Sam prior to when the new league year starts...

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Poor Watson goes through a miserable year playing then sits out a year. Then after his ordeal he gets to come to the Jets. Frying pan to the 🔥 lol

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Look at it this way if Woody still has control Watson sell more seats sooner then any of the other options. Plus more night games & maybe a playoff game sooner. I would guess seats will be hard to sell coming out of Corona

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Warren Moon says ‘good possibility’ Texans trade QB Deshaun Watson to the Jets

I love Warren!!!!!!!!!

I would be good with him being correct about that as long as the cost is not too high. We have other needs that from my perspective are just as important to fill. I know, QB is the most important position on the team, but, without a supporting cast we would get from Watson what he gave the Texans last season and we could get that from Darnold or any decent QB with a lot of talent around him. We can't afford to give up all, or even most, of our draft capital for a QB if we are to have any success rebuilding this team. I think you would agree that it's unwise to cut off both of your legs if you are trying to get ready to run a marathon. I'm going to trust Joe on this call but I am more than a little concerned about how such a trade would impact the team going forward. It's great to see the positivity from you though.................

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Jets have the cash and the draft capital to make it happen, but what none of these 'spectators' account for is the impact to the team around Watson once the hypothetical trade is made. It would be a mistake for both Watson and the Jets to empty the coffers for one player.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It's great to see the positivity from you though.................
I'm sure it can't last
I've been a Jet fan way tooooooo long to expect anything but , well you get the idea
Ok I must stop or it'll get negative
Wait :
Former GM: Jets Should Do 'Whatever it Takes' to Trade For Deshaun

I love Mike Tannenbaum !!!!!!!

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
I'm sure it can't last
I've been a Jet fan way tooooooo long to expect anything but , well you get the idea
Ok I must stop or it'll get negative
Wait :
Former GM: Jets Should Do 'Whatever it Takes' to Trade For Deshaun

I love Mike Tannenbaum !!!!!!!
Tannenbaum built a house of cards

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
I would be good with him being correct about that as long as the cost is not too high. We have other needs that from my perspective are just as important to fill. I know, QB is the most important position on the team, but, without a supporting cast we would get from Watson what he gave the Texans last season and we could get that from Darnold or any decent QB with a lot of talent around him. We can't afford to give up all, or even most, of our draft capital for a QB if we are to have any success rebuilding this team. I think you would agree that it's unwise to cut off both of your legs if you are trying to get ready to run a marathon. I'm going to trust Joe on this call but I am more than a little concerned about how such a trade would impact the team going forward. It's great to see the positivity from you though.................
I agree with you except, Darnold couldn't and didn't put up the numbers that Watson did last year with no one around him. and I'm hoping that whichever one of them that's here is even better due to our best in the league coaching staff that didn't come here to kiss belichicks rings.

I'd give up the Revis, I mean Adams picks for him. and something else but not 3 1's