Update: Deshaun Watson is as confused as we all are

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
That’s ok with me. Watson is too damn expensive. If we dump Darnold for a first in Indy (and give back a 3rd), that gives us 3 1’s Give me Wilson, Toney , and the best remaing IOL in the first, and early 2nd give me the best Edge on the board. New line is Becton, Thuney, McGovern, drafted IOL, Fant . I can live with that. Receiver are Mims, Toney, Crowder..... I can live with that

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Doesn’t matter to me at this point. After watching Mahomes get his ass handed to him in the SB, I’ve changed my mind on this Watson situation anyway. I’m good with the Jets trading Darnold. Hopefully for a second at worst and hopefully trading down to get Fields or Lance and build around either one of them.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Doesn’t matter to me at this point. After watching Mahomes get his ass handed to him in the SB, I’ve changed my mind on this Watson situation anyway. I’m good with the Jets trading Darnold. Hopefully for a second at worst and hopefully trading down to get Fields or Lance and build around either one of them.

I'm not sure any of these QB's are worth the #2 pick. Have to see pro days and combine. My issue with Watson is we didnt draft him. Then we trade the guy we drafted over him. Then we invested three 2nd round picks in a QB and never gave him a chance. Now we want to give away our future for a 4-12 QB with an equally bad roster that e could have drafted in 2017. What I would like to see is a trade down for a massive haul and rebuild this roster around Darnold or next years QB class that we will have the ammo for if needed.

I'm ok with getting Watson at a fair price. I'm also ok with Wilson or Fields. Not sure about Lance and nobody can know enough about him.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I'm not sure any of these QB's are worth the #2 pick. Have to see pro days and combine. My issue with Watson is we didnt draft him. Then we trade the guy we drafted over him. Then we invested three 2nd round picks in a QB and never gave him a chance. Now we want to give away our future for a 4-12 QB with an equally bad roster that e could have drafted in 2017. What I would like to see is a trade down for a massive haul and rebuild this roster around Darnold or next years QB class that we will have the ammo for if needed.

I'm ok with getting Watson at a fair price. I'm also ok with Wilson or Fields. Not sure about Lance and nobody can know enough about him.
I agree on Watson the rest i don't know.......you don't like Lance-a lot i see

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics

Keeping Darnold I truly don't know about that but he is 23 and there could very much be a life still there in him for this franchise QB thing. Well, maybe not franchise QB but a very good one. Someone like a Tannehill might be the perfect description for Darnold. If they keep him than its for the one year rental to see if he truly has something in him. If not, dump him and move on. Other than that, I understand what you mean about the entire Watson thing. They should have drafted him in the first place instead of ADAMS (I BELIEVE) and I'm thinking that we wouldn't be in this mess.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Keeping Darnold I truly don't know about that but he is 23 and there could very much be a life still there in him for this franchise QB thing. Well, maybe not franchise QB but a very good one. Someone like a Tannehill might be the perfect description for Darnold. If they keep him than its for the one year rental to see if he truly has something in him. If not, dump him and move on. Other than that, I understand what you mean about the entire Watson thing. They should have drafted him in the first place instead of ADAMS (I BELIEVE) and I'm thinking that we wouldn't be in this mess.

I don't know about keeping Darnold either. All I know is he was never given a chance at success. I think Tannehill is a good example of what can happen with good coaching and a stable organization.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Keeping Darnold I truly don't know about that but he is 23 and there could very much be a life still there
When I see those "He's only XX years old" comments I remember what Casey Stengel said about 19 year old prospect Steve Chilcott- "He's 19 years old. In ten years, he has a chance to be 29".
I don't look at the years ahead of Darnold, I look at the years he's been here, and there has been no growth in things like situational awareness (He still takes a sack or runs out of bounds for a loss instead of getting rid of the ball), or decision making (throwing into a crowd) or checking off to another play after coming to the line and seeing the defensive scheme.
Those are things we should have seen improve over the last three years that don't depend on the scheme they were running.
Yes, he's "only" 23, but he still plays like he did when he was 19 and has shown nothing to indicate he will get an better moving forward - nothing.
Later

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If this team sticks with Sam
Another 3-4,wins maybe 5 ( oh goody )
And you can’t just say oh well we tried him ,another year time to move on.
That’ll be a reflection on this new coaching staff and on JD as moving the team forward.
This team needs a drastic change and improvement or they’ll just be stuck in the same ole same ole
How many years do you guys just want to see progress ??
It’s a QB driven league and that’s where it starts

building around a weak QB ( and that’s being nice ) is ass backwards
But Hey
It’s the Jets

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If this team sticks with Sam
Another 3-4,wins maybe 5 ( oh goody )
And you can’t just say oh well we tried him ,another year time to move on.
That’ll be a reflection on this new coaching staff and on JD as moving the team forward.
This team needs a drastic change and improvement or they’ll just be stuck in the same ole same ole
How many years do you guys just want to see progress ??
It’s a QB driven league and that’s where it starts

building around a weak QB ( and that’s being nice ) is ass backwards
But Hey
It’s the Jets
we don't know the effect Robert Saleh will have on this roster, so lets not pretend this is the same ole Jets...

if he has amped up players to play above their level in Jax, Frisco why wouldn't be the same here?

we have been in rebuild for 2 decades, maybe once lets stick to the actual rebuild JD started and not throw in the towel in his second draft...