Update: Deshaun Watson is as confused as we all are

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If this team sticks with Sam
Another 3-4,wins maybe 5 ( oh goody )
And you can’t just say oh well we tried him ,another year time to move on.
That’ll be a reflection on this new coaching staff and on JD as moving the team forward.
This team needs a drastic change and improvement or they’ll just be stuck in the same ole same ole
How many years do you guys just want to see progress ??
It’s a QB driven league and that’s where it starts

building around a weak QB ( and that’s being nice ) is ass backwards
But Hey
It’s the Jets

I agree its a QB league, but there has to be a lot of talent around every QB. Watson had no talent around him and won 4 games with 2 vs the Jags.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
so lets not pretend this is the same ole Jets...
no pretending
They are what they are
as of last year
A 2 win team
Haven’t seen them on the field yet so your correct , let’s see

until I see drastic change they are SOJ

And this is from my point of view
If the stick with Darnold
SOJ

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
no pretending
They are what they are
as of last year
A 2 win team
Haven’t seen them on the field yet so your correct , let’s see

until I see drastic change they are SOJ

And this is from my point of view
If the stick with Darnold
SOJ
what they were the past two years was a joke led by a moron

new coaching regime and if you haven't been paying attention to all the hires then you are living in the past...

this team will have a group not one or two new faces through free agency which will make this team look completely different...

I know you are homing on Deshaun Watson or one of the two not named Lawrence to be the new face of the franchise but what if Sam comes back and balls out, are you going to admit you are wrong or you going to still bitch?

poor developing coaches for his first three years is not his fault and he gets no credit for those pretty dimes he makes, oh wait that would be the receiver being in the right spot to receive it not Sam throwing it my bad... Enough already lets wait it out and see what this team will look like rather than crying wolf before the new regime can take hold of the roster...

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
what they were the past two years was a joke led by a moron

new coaching regime and if you haven't been paying attention to all the hires then you are living in the past...

this team will have a group not one or two new faces through free agency which will make this team look completely different...

I know you are homing on Deshaun Watson or one of the two not named Lawrence to be the new face of the franchise but what if Sam comes back and balls out, are you going to admit you are wrong or you going to still bitch?

poor developing coaches for his first three years is not his fault and he gets no credit for those pretty dimes he makes, oh wait that would be the receiver being in the right spot to receive it not Sam throwing it my bad... Enough already lets wait it out and see what this team will look like rather than crying wolf before the new regime can take hold of the roster...
Blahahaha!!!
Yea I’ve been paying attention a lot longer than most
I don’t come down on the Jets when they’re a winning team
Guess you don’t know me well enough

absolutely will admit I’m wrong 😑

but until then
You know what you’ll get from me

I did the same last year in the off season when everyone told me I had no clue when I said they were going to be bottom five team

I’ll let it play out
But I’m not appointing JD or even the new coaching staff as heros
Yet

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And yes
I applauded the Jets when they fired Gase and hired the new staff.
Maybe you didn’t pay attention to me then??
But that’s only one move in about a gazillion to get this right

next move
Again ,IMO
Move on from Darnold

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Seed for thought.................most everyone on here would agree that Mahomes is an excellent QB. Look what happened to him in the SuperBowl without his normal excellent supporting cast. I know he played injured. So did Sam much of the time. I'm not saying Sam should or shouldn't be the starter next season. I'm just saying there might have been circumstances that weren't his fault. I felt at times like he was unable to read defenses but at times he excelled so what really is the problem ? I don't know. I'm going to give JD and the new coaching staff the responsibility of figuring it out so that I don't have too. They haven't failed us yet so I'm not going to treat them as if they have. Instead I'm going to support them and give them the opportunity to turn this team around and hope that they can.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
REO Speedwagon and I liked Sam Darnold when he was a draft pick. But when we've seen him for three years? Well, I “Can’t Fight This Feeling” anymore.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I can't watch Sam Darnold any longer
And I can’t wait for him to go
Since he came here, he’s kept on looking stronger
But then we learned that improvement was just for show.

I told myself that watching him would be a pleasure
I thought there was no reason for us to fear
And Jets fans could root together
This new QB would be an exception
Compared those of prior years.

And then we saw him playing
It was not a pretty sight
His same erratic throwing
Interceptions day or night
Never getting closer than we even hoped he’d might

And I can't watch Sam Darnold any more
I can’t remember what we ever got him for
It's time to find out who we can trade him for
Or release him and pay his contract, forever

Cause I just can't watch Sam Darnold anymore
He doesn’t know the meaning of down four
And if I have to crawl on JD's floor
Come crashing through his door
I’d tell him I can’t watch Sam Darnold any more.

My team’s been in turmoil since we got him
He’s thrown interceptions like he’s blind
And he can’t take advantage of his talents
There’s nothing I can say that’s kind

As we watch him stumble through the night
Every down gives us a fright
We know only a trade would set things right
And I can't watch Sam Darnold anymore.

Why can't they jus show him the door?

I’d tell him I can’t watch Sam Darnold anymore

Later

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Seed for thought.................most everyone on here would agree that Mahomes is an excellent QB. Look what happened to him in the SuperBowl without his normal excellent supporting cast. I know he played injured. So did Sam much of the time. I'm not saying Sam should or shouldn't be the starter next season. I'm just saying there might have been circumstances that weren't his fault. I felt at times like he was unable to read defenses but at times he excelled so what really is the problem ? I don't know. I'm going to give JD and the new coaching staff the responsibility of figuring it out so that I don't have too. They haven't failed us yet so I'm not going to treat them as if they have. Instead I'm going to support them and give them the opportunity to turn this team around and hope that they can.
I agree but with Mahomes one game means nothing the man is outstanding

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
REO Speedwagon and I liked Sam Darnold when he was a draft pick. But when we've seen him for three years? Well, I “Can’t Fight This Feeling” anymore.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I can't watch Sam Darnold any longer
And I can’t wait for him to go
Since he came here, he’s kept on looking stronger
But then we learned that improvement was just for show.

I told myself that watching him would be a pleasure
I thought there was no reason for us to fear
And Jets fans could root together
This new QB would be an exception
Compared those of prior years.

And then we saw him playing
It was not a pretty sight
His same erratic throwing
Interceptions day or night
Never getting closer than we even hoped he’d might

And I can't watch Sam Darnold any more

He doesn’t know the meaning of down four
I’d tell him I can’t watch Sam Darnold any more.

My team’s been in turmoil since we got him
He’s thrown interceptions like he’s blind
And he can’t take advantage of his talents
There’s nothing I can say that’s kind

As we watch him stumble through the night
Every down gives us a fright
We know only a trade would set things right
And I can't watch Sam Darnold anymore.

Why can't they jus show him the door?

I’d tell him I can’t watch Sam Darnold anymore

Later
Good one.....I tried to picture Darnold duck quacking away on the winners stage during the SB........can't see it

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I agree it's time to move on from Sam. I just don't think the Jets feel that way yet. Right now, the Jets are figuring that out. If Sam is still a Jet on draft day then I believe they will keep him and go on from there. Hopefully after "the soon to be traded Carson Wentz" is dealt Sam will follow.
Keeping Sam is a huge mistake IMO. For whatever reason it hasn't clicked for him here. Maybe a different team could get him going or maybe not. Based on what I've seen Sam is not the guy. A serviceable backup? Maybe. A guy who can keep you competitive whilst your starter was hurt? Could be. The plain truth is Sam is not an elite Starting QB in this League. It's time to face it.

Last edited:

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I agree it's time to move on from Sam. I just don't think the Jets feel that way yet. Right now, the Jets are figuring that out. If Sam is still a Jet on draft day then I believe they will keep him and go on from there. Hopefully after "the soon to be traded Carson Wentz" is dealt Sam will follow.
Keeping Sam is a huge mistake IMO. For whatever reason it hasn't clicked for him here. Maybe a different team could get him going or maybe not. Based on what I've seen Sam is not the guy. A serviceable backup? Maybe. A guy who can keep you competitive whilst your starter was hurt? Could be. The plain truth is Sam is not an elite Starting QB in this League. It's time to face it.
There really isn’t much to figure out. Darnold sucks. As soon as JD can see Wilson and Fields at their pro days, the decision will be made and Sam will be traded. They obviously cant dump him until that happens. As for Watson..... big pass because we aren’t giving up that much capital......don’t think anyone will IMO

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Where at one time, the Jets; in the name of Mike Maccagnon, promised Mr. and Mrs. Darnold her son will be protected (getting a better offensive line) for said protection, these 2020 N.Y. Jets have made it public they are fielding calls regarding the future of Sam Darnold to leave the team for a trade pleasing to them.