Around The NFL

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He's a cb right? If so, sign him. We are in real trouble there. I have no faith in milliner or McDougle.

Really, Elias? No faith in Milliner? I agree that the injury was a big setback last year, but I'm still confident that Milliner is going to be a player in this league. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him starting in 2015.

McDougle's a mystery. Nobody knows what to expect from him. I can see that going either way. Most likely a nickle type CB if anything, though.

C

CodieneWanKenobi

Just heard Jacoby Jones was cut. Not a fan of his but last time I checked we needed a kick returner. That's IF Harvin leaves. Only difference between the 2 is that Jacoby is a better receiver. By the way, does anyone know what happened to Shaq Evans that we drafted last year? I was surprised to see he didn't perform. I thought he was a steal when we got him (opinion).

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Just heard Jacoby Jones was cut. Not a fan of his but last time I checked we needed a kick returner. That's IF Harvin leaves. Only difference between the 2 is that Jacoby is a better receiver. By the way, does anyone know what happened to Shaq Evans that we drafted last year? I was surprised to see he didn't perform. I thought he was a steal when we got him (opinion).

He had a season ending injury in the preseason.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Todd Herremans - G - Eagles
Sources tell ESPN's Adam Caplan the Eagles will release RG Todd Herremans.
Though Eagles fans are probably feeling a little sentimental, this was for the best. Herremans has been in decline for a while, struggling mightily against pass protection in recent seasons. His 2014 campaign was cut short by a biceps injury. Herremans started 124 games during his ten-year stay in Philadelphia. He would have earned $4 million in 2015 if the Eagles had kept him.

Darren Sproles - RB - Eagles
Cutting Darren Sproles would only save the Eagles $600K against the cap.
Sproles' versatility as a hybrid receiver/running back makes him a great fit for Chip Kelly's offense, even if the volume was lacking last season. He is certain to be back with the Eagles in 2015 as a pass-game complement to feature back LeSean McCoy and big back Chris Polk.

Ryan Mallett - QB - Texans
Free agent Ryan Mallett says he would like to re-sign with the Texans.
Three months removed from a torn pectoral muscle, Mallett says he is "getting close" to full strength. There's no harm in bringing Mallett back on a team friendly deal, especially with veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick ready to fill in if things go south. With only seven games of experience, it's too early to tell if Mallett has the goods to be an NFL starter.

C

CodieneWanKenobi

Todd Herremans - G - Eagles
Sources tell ESPN's Adam Caplan the Eagles will release RG Todd Herremans.
Though Eagles fans are probably feeling a little sentimental, this was for the best. Herremans has been in decline for a while, struggling mightily against pass protection in recent seasons. His 2014 campaign was cut short by a biceps injury. Herremans started 124 games during his ten-year stay in Philadelphia. He would have earned $4 million in 2015 if the Eagles had kept him.

Darren Sproles - RB - Eagles
Cutting Darren Sproles would only save the Eagles $600K against the cap.
Sproles' versatility as a hybrid receiver/running back makes him a great fit for Chip Kelly's offense, even if the volume was lacking last season. He is certain to be back with the Eagles in 2015 as a pass-game complement to feature back LeSean McCoy and big back Chris Polk.

Ryan Mallett - QB - Texans
Free agent Ryan Mallett says he would like to re-sign with the Texans.
Three months removed from a torn pectoral muscle, Mallett says he is "getting close" to full strength. There's no harm in bringing Mallett back on a team friendly deal, especially with veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick ready to fill in if things go south. With only seven games of experience, it's too early to tell if Mallett has the goods to be an NFL starter.
I like Darren Sproles but other than a kick returner I'm not exactly sure how he could fit in whatever system Bowles plans to adopt.

NCgreen12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Really, Elias? No faith in Milliner? I agree that the injury was a big setback last year, but I'm still confident that Milliner is going to be a player in this league. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him starting in 2015.

McDougle's a mystery. Nobody knows what to expect from him. I can see that going either way. Most likely a nickle type CB if anything, though.

I agree with you that Milliner has the talent to be a good CB in the NFL. I just think he's one of those guys that will never make it through the season without nagging injuries that will make him unavailable. Some guys are just like that and being unavailable makes it impossible to account for that position. I think you have to plan like he's a backup and accept the benefits if he's is healthy.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Kendall Langford - DL - Free Agent
Rams released DT Kendall Langford.
The move clears $6 million in cap space. Signed to a four-year, $24 million deal in March 2012, Langford was a 16-game starter in 2012 and 2013, but was benched in favor of Aaron Donald last season. He played just 494 snaps, managing one sack. Still only 29, Langford has experience at defensive end. That versatility and relative youth should earn him some guaranteed money on the open market.
Related: Rams

Peyton Manning - QB - Broncos
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Peyton Manning's restructured contract could create as much as $7-$9 million in cap space.
The most-likely scenario would be turning a huge chunk of Manning's $19 million 2015 salary into a "signing bonus" that could be prorated over the next two seasons. A voidable year for 2017 could also be added. Cole speculates Manning will push for the Broncos to re-sign Julius Thomas with the savings.

Steven Jackson - RB - Free Agent
A source tells ABC Atlanta's Zach Klein that Steven Jackson will be released on Friday.
Klein is not a typical Rotoworld source, but signs have been pointing toward S-Jax's release all offseason. The move would clear $3.75 million in cap space, and be completely justified based on Jackson's play in Atlanta the past two seasons. Jackson is one of the best runners of his generation, but is simply out of gas. He's averaged 3.60 yards per carry as a Falcon.

Terrance Knighton - DL - Broncos
ESPN Raiders reporter Bill Williamson predicts free agent DT Terrance Knighton will end up in Oakland.
That's "unless he signs early with Denver." The Denver Post reported 11 days ago that Oakland would be in the mix for "Pot Roast." The dots certainly connect, as Knighton would reunite with ex-Broncos DC Jack Del Rio. The Raiders have money to burn, and are in need of talent at every level of the defense.
Related: Raiders

Charles Clay - TE - Dolphins
Dolphins executive VP Mike Tannenbaum confirms the team would like to re-sign free agent Charles Clay.
Tannenbaum said the same for free agent DT Jared Odrick. "Charles is a homegrown talent," Tannenbaum said. "He checks every box." The Miami Herald has previously reported the Dolphins have "cautious optimism" they'll get Clay back under contract. He's expected to command in the neighborhood of $6 million annually. Clay has averaged 64 catches over the past two seasons.

James Casey - TE - Free Agent
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports free agent TE James Casey will visit the Bengals, Redskins and Jaguars.
Casey visited the Broncos on Thursday, and has also been linked to the Titans, Browns and Cardinals. With so many teams kicking the tires, Casey should have a new deal by this time next week.
Related: Bengals, Broncos, Jaguars,

C

CodieneWanKenobi

Kendall Langford - DL - Free Agent
Rams released DT Kendall Langford.
The move clears $6 million in cap space. Signed to a four-year, $24 million deal in March 2012, Langford was a 16-game starter in 2012 and 2013, but was benched in favor of Aaron Donald last season. He played just 494 snaps, managing one sack. Still only 29, Langford has experience at defensive end. That versatility and relative youth should earn him some guaranteed money on the open market.
Related: Rams

Peyton Manning - QB - Broncos
Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports Peyton Manning's restructured contract could create as much as $7-$9 million in cap space.
The most-likely scenario would be turning a huge chunk of Manning's $19 million 2015 salary into a "signing bonus" that could be prorated over the next two seasons. A voidable year for 2017 could also be added. Cole speculates Manning will push for the Broncos to re-sign Julius Thomas with the savings.

Steven Jackson - RB - Free Agent
A source tells ABC Atlanta's Zach Klein that Steven Jackson will be released on Friday.
Klein is not a typical Rotoworld source, but signs have been pointing toward S-Jax's release all offseason. The move would clear $3.75 million in cap space, and be completely justified based on Jackson's play in Atlanta the past two seasons. Jackson is one of the best runners of his generation, but is simply out of gas. He's averaged 3.60 yards per carry as a Falcon.

Terrance Knighton - DL - Broncos
ESPN Raiders reporter Bill Williamson predicts free agent DT Terrance Knighton will end up in Oakland.
That's "unless he signs early with Denver." The Denver Post reported 11 days ago that Oakland would be in the mix for "Pot Roast." The dots certainly connect, as Knighton would reunite with ex-Broncos DC Jack Del Rio. The Raiders have money to burn, and are in need of talent at every level of the defense.
Related: Raiders

Charles Clay - TE - Dolphins
Dolphins executive VP Mike Tannenbaum confirms the team would like to re-sign free agent Charles Clay.
Tannenbaum said the same for free agent DT Jared Odrick. "Charles is a homegrown talent," Tannenbaum said. "He checks every box." The Miami Herald has previously reported the Dolphins have "cautious optimism" they'll get Clay back under contract. He's expected to command in the neighborhood of $6 million annually. Clay has averaged 64 catches over the past two seasons.

James Casey - TE - Free Agent
ESPN's Adam Caplan reports free agent TE James Casey will visit the Bengals, Redskins and Jaguars.
Casey visited the Broncos on Thursday, and has also been linked to the Titans, Browns and Cardinals. With so many teams kicking the tires, Casey should have a new deal by this time next week.
Related: Bengals, Broncos, Jaguars,
I would love to see James Casey as a Jet. That guy is highly underrated. From what I've heard there are already teams gunning for him though so I doubt he'll end up here.

S

sg3

Still can't believe how Orton was able to shred us last year, twice.
Easy to figure out a defense that the entire league figured out around 1989 or so.

And a coach who refused to modify or update it

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Man, jets fans. Rex was given Dimitri Patterson, Milliner, and Kyle Wilson to work with. I could shred that secondary with a meatball and potato playing WR.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Man, jets fans. Rex was given Dimitri Patterson, Milliner, and Kyle Wilson to work with. I could shred that secondary with a meatball and potato playing WR.

I agree. I like Rex and do not blame him for much but it boggles my mind how Orton shreds the Jets but we hold Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers in check. I'm not talking about this season but in years past too.

It seems like Rex only changed up his scheme whenever the QB was in the top 5. He is capable but was a bit stubborn.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Sun Sentinal reporting Mike Walkace has refused to restructure his contract. I wouldn't play with Tannehill for less than what he's getting paid if I was him either.

Superman55

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I agree. I like Rex and do not blame him for much but it boggles my mind how Orton shreds the Jets but we hold Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers in check. I'm not talking about this season but in years past too.

It seems like Rex only changed up his scheme whenever the QB was in the top 5. He is capable but was a bit stubborn.

No matter how good of a coach you are, you're going to lose some battles and last year the war when you keep being sent to battle with a spoon and shovel when the other teams have a full arsenal of weapons. Smoke and mirrors will only get you so far.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
No matter how good of a coach you are, you're going to lose some battles and last year the war when you keep being sent to battle with a spoon and shovel when the other teams have a full arsenal of weapons. Smoke and mirrors will only get you so far.

Fair enough.