Draft Needs & Projections

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Would you all be happy if JD traded our 1st Rd pick this year and or our Franchise player (Bryce Huff) or our 1st Rd pick next year to the Ariz Cardinals for the 4th overall pick to select WR Marvin Harrison? Thoughts?

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Bowers not worth that 10th pick. Brownlee and Gipson will be vying for playing time as the slot receivers we need another vyable boundary receiver to take double coverages off of GW. A tight end like Bowers only going to get double covered with a linebacker and nickel corner they will keep the safety over the top to put more pressure on GW.

I see what you did there but how bout we sign a veteran free agent like Gerald Everett? a hybrid wide receiver tight end?

Joe Douglas is going to go out and sign sub par free agents to be depth and hopefully throw the bank at one or two starters that would be backups for other teams. From what I heard Duane Brown is toying with the idea to re up with the Jets ( have fun with that news ).

Other news the Jets are looking to renegotiate with Laken... Have some fun with that. And Joe Douglas is seriously toying with the idea of bringing back Connor McGovern on another one year deal. The problem with these players it is not the players it is the OL Coach Carter.

From what I heard even though Mekhi Becton has been a shit poor left tackle he did one thing right he was an outstanding run blocker on the left side but also had shit poor qb play with no weapons for that qb to throw too. Laken also a problematic running buddy at left guard does not help. So hear is some other news YES the Jets are hoping to re-sign Mekhi on a short 2 year deal and if he returns the optics will where will he play. He was and is better suited to play on the right side because of his physicality, he is not a technical tackle. So what do we do with him, do we kick him inside? or move him to right tackle? Or with Aaron Rodgers at the helm could the better QB play help elevate Becton's experience?

so these players could be back:

Mekhi Becton (starting left or right tackle?)
Duane Brown (what the fuck are they thinking?)
Connor McGovern (do we have a need for this guy?)

these players are under contract

Wes Schweitzer (starting Guard? or backup center?)
Max Mitchell (swing tackle or interior backup?)
Joe Tippmann (franchise Center or starting guard?)
Carter Warren (swing tackle or spot starter)
Laken Tomlinson (god help us)
Alijah Vera Tucker (do we pick up his 5th year? & where does he play left or right guard?)
Chris Glaser (backup center?)
Xavier Newman (backup center or swing guard?)
Austin Deculus (depth or practice squad?)
Dude that whole post is depressing. I could live with Becton at RT or RG . I could live with McGovern at the other Guard position and Tippmann at center. What the heck are we doing with Brown and Tomlinson.

After reading that post I am glad i don’t drink .

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Bowers not worth that 10th pick. Brownlee and Gipson will be vying for playing time as the slot receivers we need another vyable boundary receiver to take double coverages off of GW. A tight end like Bowers only going to get double covered with a linebacker and nickel corner they will keep the safety over the top to put more pressure on GW.

I see what you did there but how bout we sign a veteran free agent like Gerald Everett? a hybrid wide receiver tight end?

Joe Douglas is going to go out and sign sub par free agents to be depth and hopefully throw the bank at one or two starters that would be backups for other teams. From what I heard Duane Brown is toying with the idea to re up with the Jets ( have fun with that news ).

Other news the Jets are looking to renegotiate with Laken... Have some fun with that. And Joe Douglas is seriously toying with the idea of bringing back Connor McGovern on another one year deal. The problem with these players it is not the players it is the OL Coach Carter.

From what I heard even though Mekhi Becton has been a shit poor left tackle he did one thing right he was an outstanding run blocker on the left side but also had shit poor qb play with no weapons for that qb to throw too. Laken also a problematic running buddy at left guard does not help. So hear is some other news YES the Jets are hoping to re-sign Mekhi on a short 2 year deal and if he returns the optics will where will he play. He was and is better suited to play on the right side because of his physicality, he is not a technical tackle. So what do we do with him, do we kick him inside? or move him to right tackle? Or with Aaron Rodgers at the helm could the better QB play help elevate Becton's experience?

so these players could be back:

Mekhi Becton (starting left or right tackle?)
Duane Brown (what the fuck are they thinking?)
Connor McGovern (do we have a need for this guy?)

these players are under contract

Wes Schweitzer (starting Guard? or backup center?)
Max Mitchell (swing tackle or interior backup?)
Joe Tippmann (franchise Center or starting guard?)
Carter Warren (swing tackle or spot starter)
Laken Tomlinson (god help us)
Alijah Vera Tucker (do we pick up his 5th year? & where does he play left or right guard?)
Chris Glaser (backup center?)
Xavier Newman (backup center or swing guard?)
Austin Deculus (depth or practice squad?)
As bad as Becton was in pass protection, he was even worse in the run game!

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Laken Tomlinson and Duane Brown better be GONE! Tomlinson stayed healthy and played almost every down but he has been god awful! Brown is 4 years past his expiration date, lets move on already!!!

I can see them bringing back Becton if they can sign him to a cheap deal. He finally stayed healthy and that was a huge step, maybe on a 1 year flyer for him to earn it, he can start working towards playing up to potential. The only way to really fix the O line is to take an aggressive hybrid approach and attack it in free agency as well as the draft.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I am not crazy about what I'm hearing regarding the OL. The fit has not worked. Between injuries and some chemistry issues, both with the line overall and with the OL coaching, I would rather look in a few other directions. That may mean a veteran OT and a high draft pick. I'd love Tyron Smith or Bakhtiari (the Packers are going to cut him). I know, injury concerns.

My absolute preference was for the draft to come before free agency. That way, if the Jets landed one of the two big LT targets, they could sign a RT. But without knowing, I think they have to try to sign a LT.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
As bad as Becton was in pass protection, he was even worse in the run game!
He was worse in the passing game. But he had a pretty awful season all around, including penalties. A relatively healthy, in-shape Becton was not much worth keeping.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Would you all be happy if JD traded our 1st Rd pick this year and or our Franchise player (Bryce Huff) or our 1st Rd pick next year to the Ariz Cardinals for the 4th overall pick to select WR Marvin Harrison? Thoughts?
Sorry, not me. As much as we need another top flight receiver we need offensive tackles more. I personally believe that the Jets will get a good one with that 1st pick because as I look at the needs of the teams picking before us it appears to me that the 1st 6 to 8 picks will be primarily QBs and receivers.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I am not crazy about what I'm hearing regarding the OL. The fit has not worked. Between injuries and some chemistry issues, both with the line overall and with the OL coaching, I would rather look in a few other directions. That may mean a veteran OT and a high draft pick. I'd love Tyron Smith or Bakhtiari (the Packers are going to cut him). I know, injury concerns.

My absolute preference was for the draft to come before free agency. That way, if the Jets landed one of the two big LT targets, they could sign a RT. But without knowing, I think they have to try to sign a LT.

I tend to agree here Sack. Tyron is a hell of a good player when he's on the field, BUT, he is very injury prone. I have him on my list of free agents to be considered but......................... Also I feel pretty confident that the Jets will go for a LT with that first pick, or at least a RT.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
He was worse in the passing game. But he had a pretty awful season all around, including penalties. A relatively healthy, in-shape Becton was not much worth keeping.
His pass blocking was worse. There's no sacks or pressures to count but running behind him led to contact behind the line at an extremely high rate and the RBs averaged close to 3 times the ypc running right vs left

Last edited:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
His pass blocking was worse. There's no sacks or pressures to count but running behind him led to contact behind the line at an extremely high rate and the RBs aged close to 3 times the avg ypc running right
I agree Tony. Based on the fact that he stayed healthy and how effective he was in the beginning of his career I think they might keep him for depth if they can do it cheap enough. I don't expect him to be the starter next season but a really strong training camp could save his butt.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m sticking with my evaluation of these prospects .

I think the two best LT prospects are
Olu Fashanu
Jordan Morgan
In my opinion with Rodgers as the QB these are also the two best fits who both happen to be better Pass protectors than run blockers.
I love the idea of Becton at RG but he’s not going to wanna make that move.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m sticking with my evaluation of these prospects .

I think the two best LT prospects are
Olu Fashanu
Jordan Morgan
In my opinion with Rodgers as the QB these are also the two best fits who both happen to be better Pass protectors than run blockers.
I love the idea of Becton at RG but he’s not going to wanna make that move.
Becton won't have many options. The NFL has seen him.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I agree Tony. Based on the fact that he stayed healthy and how effective he was in the beginning of his career I think they might keep him for depth if they can do it cheap enough. I don't expect him to be the starter next season but a really strong training camp could save his butt.
I could see them trying to get him to return on a cheap prove it deal, remember he missed a good chunk of year 1 due to injury too. Plus he was given a ton of help from the TEs and RBs year 1. Personally I don't think he has earned any deal but given how weak we are on the OL I can see st an attempt made. I would be very disappointed though if they bring him back as starting LT

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I could see them trying to get him to return on a cheap prove it deal, remember he missed a good chunk of year 1 due to injury too. Plus he was given a ton of help from the TEs and RBs year 1. Personally I don't think he has earned any deal but given how weak we are on the OL I can see st an attempt made. I would be very disappointed though if they bring him back as starting LT
Me too

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No, it would be idiotic. It would almost certainly be accompanied by running back the same O line as this year in the forlorn expectation that they would be better. This team is not one WR away from a Superbowl.