Draft Needs & Projections

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Why did JD restructure Lawson, now he counts as dead money on this years cap? WTF should’ve just cut him last year.
Is Tomlinson contract too much to cut his healthy ass?
Tell Brown his retirement checks should be in the mail, the NY Jets Lotto is officially over.
Bechton, was he fully healthy to finish the season? Did he tweak an ankle? Something must’ve been wrong because he had zero lateral agility the last bunch of games.
He should have zero market in FA. JD, bring’s him back to try and play G and EMERGENCY T.
Jets cannot pigeonhole themselves going into the draft. They need to sign a viable LT, RT maybe a C and move Tippman to G.
Maybe JD expects big things from Warren, with a full offseason program.
There’s 3 linemen, AVT(injured,Tippman, Warren) everyone else is shit. UDFA Newman he might turn into something, at least a viable back up.
Saleh and his coaches need to be able to groom offensive players. How come a bunch of late draft picks, Michael Carter,Echols UDFA Huff, Adams and FA JFM, Quincy, Reed can proper on D and anyone brought in on offense, minus G Wilson and Breece maybe Conklin, everyone else struggles.
Are we saying JD can only properly scout D players?!
Not buying it, it’s coaching.
Whoever on JD’s staff is scouting WRer’s, fire him. Again, except GW, there’s Mims, Moore, Lazard, Cobb, even Corey Davis was an overall fail.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
These are the players I would love to add to the Jets roster.
Olu Fashanu or Jordan Morgan as Left tackle options.

Xavier Legrette and or Annias Smith at receiver

Troy Fautanu , Zak Zinter , Zach Frazier, Sataoa Laumea as interior lineman

Joe Milton, Mike Pratt and to a lesser extent Spencer Rattler as practice squad developmental QB options.

McKinnley Jackson at DT

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
If JD did his job in last years draft. We would have had Harrison as our LT and could have signed Huff. Instead of drafting a 25 yr old DE McDonald. This year we could look in 3 different ways. Add another Offensive linemen, another WR, or a QB to sit behind Rodgers.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If JD did his job in last years draft. We would have had Harrison as our LT and could have signed Huff. Instead of drafting a 25 yr old DE McDonald. This year we could look in 3 different ways. Add another Offensive linemen, another WR, or a QB to sit behind Rodgers.
Who drafts the 5th best OT on their board ahead of the top edge rusher on their board. Of the time JD has been GM I have question 2 of his picks. One I knew was a mistake and the other I knew absolutely nothing about because I never even looked into him. Those being Zach Wilson and Will McDonald. Some players haven’t worked out but the desire was on point.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Tinstar, there comes a time when BPA does not help a team. Common sense builds champions.
While I agree, that wasn’t the time based on what was planned. As we sit today, I can guarantee you that there’s a segment of this fan base that will be fixated on what we do with Bryce Huff regardless whether we pay him or don’t depending on how he performs in 2024 . The Jets had a plan and executed it. Nobody goes into a season expecting as many injuries as the Jets did along the OL and are prepared with enough quality bodies to combat what happened.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
While I agree, that wasn’t the time based on what was planned. As we sit today, I can guarantee you that there’s a segment of this fan base that will be fixated on what we do with Bryce Huff regardless whether we pay him or don’t depending on how he performs in 2024 . The Jets had a plan and executed it. Nobody goes into a season expecting as many injuries as the Jets did along the OL and are prepared with enough quality bodies to combat what happened.
Well if they had a plan and executed it then what would you say to their plan for a Rodgers injury??

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
A team that needs an OL and not an edge rusher.
Only Jet fans think like that . You take the highest rated player on your board that fits a need or you trade down . The Jets took the highest rated player on their board. The mistake was taking Zach Wilson instead of Sowell

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I would be surprised if the Jets don't go RT in free agency and address LT early in the draft. They may trade back, but if they are in a good position to land a top LT, they will. Maybe Carter as a swing, but I don't think they go with Carter as a penciled-in starter after all the issues they had this year. I agree with AVT finding a permanent home at LG with the capacity of moving outside if necessary. The front office knows they have to address OL to satisfy the Jets fans who want everyone fired all the time.

Unfortunately, looking at the OT crop in free agency, it's not great. So the Jets may keep Becton to let him and Carter battle it out for the starting gig, while drafting one of the top LTs. I would suspect the Jets turn toward another OL in free agency. They could make a run at a guard, including turning back toward the Packers and Runyan Jr.

So...I could see the team going into next season with:

LT - Fashanu/Alt/Latham
LG - AVT
C- Tippmann
RG - Runyan/other FA guard
RT - Becton/Carter

Depth - Carter/Becton, McGovern? (Brought back for veteran depth), mid-round pick?

Is that enough depth? I mean, it's the Jets, so I assume every single person I mentioned will end of tearing or severing something. By the end of next season, the Jets' OL will be five guys who were third string in the arena league. Is it possible Bakhtiari keeps playing and comes to the Jets to be with Rodgers?
Curious, why move AVT to LG when he has proven himself to be a stud RG?

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Only Jet fans think like that . You take the highest rated player on your board that fits a need or you trade down . The Jets took the highest rated player on their board. The mistake was taking Zach Wilson instead of Sowell
Well he has worked a treat, it was good to see him beat out the other 19 DEs for game time this season, while our OL was just tickety boo.

Zack Wilson was a huge mistake but nothing to do with drafting your 5th best OL over your top rated DE who didn't even fit a need btw.

Get these dumb fuckers out of NY

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No, I actually disagree with this. The Jets took a position of straight gluttony, with a player that was a reach at that pick (no one had him slotted for the first round), while ignoring all other positional needs! BPA is a valid methodology, but you CANNOT tell me reaching for a player was BPA.

We had needs at OL, WR, Safety & LB, yet we took another DE (and not one that was slotted ahead of our pick and graciously slid to us)!
Here are the picks after McDonald. I wonder how they panned out because some of these were/are positions of need on the team right now!

16. Commanders: Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
17. Patriots (from Steelers): Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
18. Lions: Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
19. Bucs: Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh
20. Seahawks: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
21. Chargers: Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
22. Ravens: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
23. Vikings: Jordan Addison, WR, USC
24. Giants (from Jaguars): Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
25. Bills (from Giants through Jaguars): Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
26. Cowboys: Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
27. Jaguars (from Bills): Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
28. Bengals: Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson
29. Saints (from 49ers through Dolphins and Broncos): Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
30. Eagles: Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia
31. Chiefs: Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge, Kansas State

Last edited:

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
No, I actually disagree with this. The Jets took a position of straight gluttony, with a player that was a reach at that pick (no one had him slotted for the first round), while ignoring all other positional needs! BPA is a valid methodology, but you CANNOT tell me reaching for a player was BPA.

We had needs at OL, WR, Safety & LB, yet we took another DE (and not one that was slotted ahead of our pick and graciously slid to us)!
Here are the picks after McDonald. I wonder how they panned out because some of these were/are positions of need on the team right now!

16. Commanders: Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State
17. Patriots (from Steelers): Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon
18. Lions: Jack Campbell, LB, Iowa
19. Bucs: Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh
20. Seahawks: Jaxon Smith-Njigba, WR, Ohio State
21. Chargers: Quentin Johnston, WR, TCU
22. Ravens: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College
23. Vikings: Jordan Addison, WR, USC
24. Giants (from Jaguars): Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland
25. Bills (from Giants through Jaguars): Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah
26. Cowboys: Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
27. Jaguars (from Bills): Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma
28. Bengals: Myles Murphy, Edge, Clemson
29. Saints (from 49ers through Dolphins and Broncos): Bryan Bresee, DT, Clemson
30. Eagles: Nolan Smith, Edge, Georgia
31. Chiefs: Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Edge, Kansas State
My pick would have been one of the Receivers. Considering the money spent on Lazard I get not going receiver.. probably JSN.