Draft Needs & Projections

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I can understand the pessimism. I mean, Jets. However, I would be more concerned if it was the same type of injury that ended both seasons. In terms of the body, the injuries are far apart, upper arm and heel. So while with the Jets' terrible, awful luck, I can see reason for the pessimism, there is cause for at least some optimism.
Well reports say he won't be ready by start of season and achilles is tough as a big fat guy.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I can understand the pessimism. I mean, Jets. However, I would be more concerned if it was the same type of injury that ended both seasons. In terms of the body, the injuries are far apart, upper arm and heel. So while with the Jets' terrible, awful luck, I can see reason for the pessimism, there is cause for at least some optimism.
The real concern with AVT is the location of the tear. It's higher up on the calf which is very rare and carries a load with every step.
I'm hoping he fully recovers and lives up to his potential but I don't think he can be counted on at the moment. He is likely to miss significant time to start the season and I would rather see him brought back slowly then jeopardize his recovery.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Well, you could go with Onwenu, who would be a healthier option, but can he play LT regularly, or does that mean hoping that Alt or Fashanu makes it to #10? Eleumunor is a possibility, and he could probably play either spot, but is he a legit NFL starter or is he a swing tackle type, maybe half a step up from Carter Warren?
The Jets will have good OT options at 10. Most of the teams picking before the Jets will be selecting either QBs or receivers. I'm predicting only 1 tackle off the board when JD picks. Hell he might surprise everyone and draft both a LT and a RT.................. :D

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The real concern with AVT is the location of the tear. It's higher up on the calf which is very rare and carries a load with every step.
I'm hoping he fully recovers and lives up to his potential but I don't think he can be counted on at the moment. He is likely to miss significant time to start the season and I would rather see him brought back slowly then jeopardize his recovery.
Is that the case? I had not seen those reports, but that does sound troubling. I too would rather bring him along slowly, which may precipitate an investment into a solid backup guard who can start off as a starter.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
The Jets will have good OT options at 10. Most of the teams picking before the Jets will be selecting either QBs or receivers. I'm predicting only 1 tackle off the board when JD picks. Hell he might surprise everyone and draft both a LT and a RT.................. :D
I don't think so
Sad to say but if the cards rec Jr. Is picked they may take a LT. I DONT THINK SO BUT THEY MAY

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Is that the case? I had not seen those reports, but that does sound troubling. I too would rather bring him along slowly, which may precipitate an investment into a solid backup guard who can start off as a starter.
Latest reports is he will not be ready for the start of camp or beginning of the season. So at this point he seems to be a wildcard. Better to prepare to not have him.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Maybe the Cardinals will help us out and take a TE (Bowers) with there #3 overall pick or even pull a dumb move like the Jets would do and trade up with the Bears for him

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
While I would not have considered going after a C, it makes a lot of sense when he is such a strong option. He's a stronger option than most of the guards on the market. I think Rodgers may be more comfortable with a veteran center. Push Tippmann out to guard across from AVT, then you can just sign one OT and draft another and the starting line is pretty well set.