Draft Needs & Projections

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
@ 10, Jets are probably staring at a WR.
Odunze/Coleman.
Nabers should be gone.
Jets need some CB and edge rushers to crush the predraft process, move into the top 9, push an offensive player down.
C. William’s, Maye, Harrison, Daniel’s, Alt, Penn St OT, Nabers that’s a possible 7 players gone.
Would like to see Nabers fall to 10.
Both elite tackles will be gone.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Fire Douglas' replacement! The guy, whomever he is, is a bum!
If he's selected by Woody AND agrees to come to the Jets, that's a given.

I'd really like Joe Douglas to succeed if only because continuous change gets us nowhere. If only he let go of his big mistake (ZW) and made determined efforts to fix the O-line this year, I could start to believe in him again.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
@ 10, Jets are probably staring at a WR.
Odunze/Coleman.
Nabers should be gone.
Jets need some CB and edge rushers to crush the predraft process, move into the top 9, push an offensive player down.
C. William’s, Maye, Harrison, Daniel’s, Alt, Penn St OT, Nabers that’s a possible 7 players gone.
Would like to see Nabers fall to 10.
Both elite tackles will be gone.
Of the three supposed top OT, the only one I think worth his salt is Olu Fashanu . The next best IMO is Jordan Morgan and after that is Mims but his lack of production scares me . What I have seen of Mims on film is pretty darn impressive.
Alt is not as good as advertised.
Fuaga is a mauler who’s going to be a turnstile against elite pass rushers who uses speed
Latham is a penalty machine who’s much like Fuaga.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Watch any Oregon State game and pay attention to #75 Fuaga and # 67 Joshua Gray and then tell me what ho looks like the better prospect

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Fuaga will play OG in the NFL. Latham reminds me too much of Becton. Morgan and Mims are garbage. Alt is #2 OT in the Draft and would be a steal if he fell to the Jets.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
AVT says Achilles tear was higher up the calf then the usual tear and doesn't know if he will be back by week 1. Either way, looks like no camp or preseason work for him.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
AVT says Achilles tear was higher up the calf then the usual tear and doesn't know if he will be back by week 1. Either way, looks like no camp or preseason work for him.
Yeah and that is probably why he didn't go down and tried to play another down with it. It seems like a weird spot for it to tear which is probably why the doctors don't have a timeframe to reference for it.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yeah and that is probably why he didn't go down and tried to play another down with it. It seems like a weird spot for it to tear which is probably why the doctors don't have a timeframe to reference for it.
I've said this team needs 4 new OL. AVT can't be counted on. Draft his replacement. He will never be the same. Its sucks because he looked to be on his way to being an All Pro.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I've said this team needs 4 new OL. AVT can't be counted on. Draft his replacement. He will never be the same. Its sucks because he looked to be on his way to being an All Pro.
I agree with this. I hear Saleh saying they are going to keep AVT at one position next season, and they fear that moving him around has contributed to the injuries (not like Becton didn't tell them that a full year earlier)!

It just seems like we keep getting this "dumb f*** epiphany" moments and comments from the coaching staff for common sense crap that everyone has been saying since their tenure started. I don't know if they don't have the right people around them, or if they just ignore all of the advice they get, but we have a front office that just seems clueless and just throws s*** at the wall to see what sticks.

At a minimum we need to sign 1-2 OL and draft 2 OL! Becton stayed healthy this season, but man he was god awful (not sure if this was a "get healthy" season and didn't reflect his talent, but man he was one of the worst starting OL in the league). AVT is one of the best guards in the league but like Becton is coming off of back-to-back season ending injuries, and for all we know, he may have a Becton type year next year just trying to stay healthy.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Jets have drafted OL prospects in every single draft since Douglas took over as GM. He’s been hit by bad luck both with injuries and a change in philosophy due to a coaching change. It’s easy to be a backseat driver, but unless you’re on record as preferring Sewel over Wilson then that’s exactly what you are. This regime hasn’t had the chance to take another tackle that highly.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I agree with this. I hear Saleh saying they are going to keep AVT at one position next season, and they fear that moving him around has contributed to the injuries (not like Becton didn't tell them that a full year earlier)!

It just seems like we keep getting this "dumb f*** epiphany" moments and comments from the coaching staff for common sense crap that everyone has been saying since their tenure started. I don't know if they don't have the right people around them, or if they just ignore all of the advice they get, but we have a front office that just seems clueless and just throws s*** at the wall to see what sticks.

At a minimum we need to sign 1-2 OL and draft 2 OL! Becton stayed healthy this season, but man he was god awful (not sure if this was a "get healthy" season and didn't reflect his talent, but man he was one of the worst starting OL in the league). AVT is one of the best guards in the league but like Becton is coming off of back-to-back season ending injuries, and for all we know, he may have a Becton type year next year just trying to stay healthy.
I would be worried about AVT's achilles. Much different on a large man vs a QB. Worse because he has huge loads and stress on every play.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Jets have drafted OL prospects in every single draft since Douglas took over as GM. He’s been hit by bad luck both with injuries and a change in philosophy due to a coaching change. It’s easy to be a backseat driver, but unless you’re on record as preferring Sewel over Wilson then that’s exactly what you are. This regime hasn’t had the chance to take another tackle that highly.
And they probably will be taking the 3rd best tackle, but we are 1-0 in '24. .

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And they probably will be taking the 3rd best tackle, but we are 1-0 in '24. .
It’s not a lie . Some folks prefer to focus on the positives while others would rather waddle around in their misery.
“ You have to see a thing before you see the thing or you never will see the thing “ . “ we walk by faith and not by sight”.
It applies to a lifestyle not Sunday mornings or whenever you go to temple.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We will see if fans still are proud of that win in April. Might not make a difference, but I bet losing 3-4 spots makes a difference especially in trade value. I think the Jets need to trade down and the 10th pick is way less desirable than the 5-6 pick, but I have been wrong before.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
We will see if fans still are proud of that win in April. Might not make a difference, but I bet losing 3-4 spots makes a difference especially in trade value. I think the Jets need to trade down and the 10th pick is way less desirable than the 5-6 pick, but I have been wrong before.
I mean it is going to make a difference unless teams ahead of us have different needs and don't target the players we want.

That being said, I had ZERO expectation that the Jets would lose the last game LOL. We always lose when it hurts and win when it hurts, it's the NY Jets way :ROFLMAO:

There will be talent there at pick 10, we just need to make a smart choice and don't reach based on ceiling. OL, WR, S, LB are all positions of need. We can definitely get help at 10, where it helps will be determined by how the chips fall.