Draft Needs & Projections

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We will see if fans still are proud of that win in April. Might not make a difference, but I bet losing 3-4 spots makes a difference especially in trade value. I think the Jets need to trade down and the 10th pick is way less desirable than the 5-6 pick, but I have been wrong before.
If the Jets were picking 5 or 6 they’d be taking a player like Harrison jr or Alt or Fashanu . The 10th pick is perfect for a trade down. Someone will fall for a player and want to move up . We just can’t get greedy.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
If the Jets were picking 5 or 6 they’d be taking a player like Harrison jr or Alt or Fashanu . The 10th pick is perfect for a trade down. Someone will fall for a player and want to move up . We just can’t get greedy.
I just don't think the 10th pick will net a 2nd round pick which is what the Jets need. We will find out what way JD fucks it up in a few months.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Jets have drafted OL prospects in every single draft since Douglas took over as GM. He’s been hit by bad luck both with injuries and a change in philosophy due to a coaching change. It’s easy to be a backseat driver, but unless you’re on record as preferring Sewel over Wilson then that’s exactly what you are. This regime hasn’t had the chance to take another tackle that highly.
He wiffed on Wirfs and took Man Mountain Mush instead.
Later

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I just don't think the 10th pick will net a 2nd round pick which is what the Jets need. We will find out what way JD fucks it up in a few months.
Maybe when FA opens up, he will address the line with signings and trades. If we're lucky, we go into the draft with needs shored up and we can focus on trading down for additional assets, or BPA.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
If we are lucky in FA, JD will sign a top Offensive Lineman instead of looking for someone at the bottom of the barrel. Someone whose best years were 10 - 12 years ago. Or someone who never had their best years. Douglas has never gone after the best of the best Free agent Offensive line help. He always looks for the worst and then hopes they turn into a D'Brick, Joe Thomas or Mangold. Last year in the Draft with good prospects available, Douglas took a DE (which we did not need) who was rated at a 2nd Rd prospect.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’m looking at 3 teams in my trade down scenario. The Jags, The Bucs and The Steelers. First thing I’m doing is Franchise tagging Huff and letting it be known that he can be had for a 2nd round pick.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
But once the coach says to draft a tackle, the GM should get the best.
And he didn't.
Later
That’s not how that works. The coach ask for a tackle that fits his scheme . In his first season Becton was perfect for What Gase wanted . He’s not for what Lafleur or Hackett wants .
Funny thing is under Gase the Jets were a run first team without a true top running back. Under LaFleur and now Hackett the Jets are a passing team with a world class running back .

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

So the guy is a Jets fan because he loves the rebuilding process. It must be a perpetual nirvana. It's true that Alt would solve the biggest problem we have, but there's no point getting excited over it until most of the teams above us have made their picks. Without Alt and with AVT looking doubtful for the season's start we may be scrambling to keep Becton and may have to keep Tomlinson alongside him.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
The Top 2 QB's will go 1 & 2 in the Draft. Around the 10th pick, QB needy teams will be looking at Daniels, McCarthy, Nix and Penix. The Jets may not be able to get a 2nd Rd pick this year. They could get a #1 this year and a #1 next year as the Giants did when trading with the Bears per Justin Fields.