Draft Needs & Projections

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don’t see that being the case. He’s not 370 pounds with poor conditioning and eating habit issues like another oline man we have. I believe he’ll recover and be good from this point on.
Better have a plan B. Achilles injuries for OL is vastly different than on a QB.

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics

I’m not saying that the Jets shouldn’t trade Zach Wilson because they definitely should! Here’s my fear and thoughts of what’s going to happen, where ever he goes he’ll become an all-pro and we’ll have to deal with that. I don’t know if it’s because the Jets are cursed or they’re just horrible at drafting and developing QBs but they just can’t seem to get it right. For decades now and it’s ridiculous. This has to change sooner or later. Hopefully sooner!

Last edited:

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Sure would be nice if we didn't have to draft 4 OL.
Maybe we'll get lucky this off season and be able to find some quality "O" line help shake loose in free agency. Last season there wasn't much to pick from there for the "O" line. Nobody usually parts with those guys until they run out of gas. But MAYBE this year will be different.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
There were some pretty good Offensive line talent last year Gramoah. Both Top of the line LT and RT players were paid good money. KC lost their top LT and SF lost their best RT. Both Cinn and Denver swooped in to pay the price while JD elected to sign journeymen who had nothing left in the tank or never had anything in the tank. It will be the same this year as JD will look to sign Offensive line talent in Somala, Timbuktu or the Gaza strip.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don’t think that was as much him as it was Gase . You draft for your HC .
This is why I don't want either Douglas or Saleh fired. As a combo, they have drafted pretty well, and far above what previous combos have done.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
There were some pretty good Offensive line talent last year Gramoah. Both Top of the line LT and RT players were paid good money. KC lost their top LT and SF lost their best RT. Both Cinn and Denver swooped in to pay the price while JD elected to sign journeymen who had nothing left in the tank or never had anything in the tank. It will be the same this year as JD will look to sign Offensive line talent in Somala, Timbuktu or the Gaza strip.
In fairness, Douglas offered I think even more for Orlando Brown than he took with the Bengals, and he chose Cinci.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I don’t see that being the case. He’s not 370 pounds with poor conditioning and eating habit issues like another oline man we have. I believe he’ll recover and be good from this point on.
Unfortunately it is most likely the case.
AVT himself said he doesn't think he will be ready for week 1,so no off season at all , coming off a long lay off means he is at best a question mark for next season. The tear is in an unusual place making recovery slower. What effects will the location of the tear have on future injuries. A high % of NFL players retear the AT within 3 1/2 seasons. As an O Lineman there's constant loading on the calf, not just the o linemans weight but the force of the Defensive player combined, with every push forward or step back.
His injury is unfortunate,but very serious in a lineman.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics

I’m not saying that the Jets shouldn’t trade Zach Wilson because they definitely should! Here’s my fear and thoughts of what’s going to happen, where ever he goes he’ll become an all-pro and we’ll have to deal with that. I don’t know if it’s because the Jets are cursed or they’re just horrible at drafting and developing QBs but they just can’t seem to get it right. For decades now and it’s ridiculous. This has to change sooner or later. Hopefully sooner!

It was the same fear with Darnold. Doubt Wilson ever becomes more than a back up in this league. Even if he does,it doesn't mean he would have here.

Think we need to throw Green Bay a couple of picks in return for having them pick our next QB in the 2025 draft

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics

Puka Nacua last selection of round 5​

Why can't we find these fucking beasts? :zipped:

Last edited: