Hassan Reddick hold out

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Not sure if this was for Reddit or MCII. Glad we locked him up. As for Reddick, if he no shows for game one and we ball out without him, he has no moves left.
You're probably right hatnlvr. They are making moves I just thought JD might pull something out of his( fill in the blank).

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Does anyone know off the top of their head what our cap situation is after these three moves?

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Does anyone know off the top of their head what our cap situation is after these three moves?
The Jets had approximately $19.5 million in cap space before signing Carter, per Spotrac. Carter will earn an annual average of $10.25 million on the new deal, which could drop the 2024 cap space down to about $9.25 million, depending on the terms of the deal.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I don't believe Carter's deal has any effect on the cap for this season. It's an extension that begins next season and runs through 2027. He becomes a URFA in 2028

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
According to Salah's press conference this morning, Reddick may still play vs San Francisco this weekend. Does he know something we don't?

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
According to Salah's press conference this morning, Reddick may still play vs San Francisco this weekend. Does he know something we don't?
IDK, seems like they may be moving towards a deal, but there has been nothing really pushed out publicly. At this point, it seems foolish to just throw him out there with no practice time and no classroom time. He's new to the system, IMO he's a scratch at this point.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
IDK, seems like they may be moving towards a deal, but there has been nothing really pushed out publicly. At this point, it seems foolish to just throw him out there with no practice time and no classroom time. He's new to the system, IMO he's a scratch at this point.
It's less important at that position if he can be used in a limited role. Just have him situationally pass rush in game 1, and then integrate him in for the next weeks.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I think Reddick is waiting to see what the Defense (Edge) looks like against the 49ers. If the Edge(s) dominate, he'll comeback. If not, he will hold out.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think Reddick is waiting to see what the Defense (Edge) looks like against the 49ers. If the Edge(s) dominate, he'll comeback. If not, he will hold out.
Who cares at this point. If I'm JD, I let him sit and don't give him a single dollar more. If this dildo wants a paycheck then get yourself in the locker room. He hasn't earned anything with the Jets. Right now he has the same amount of sacks for the Jets as Gholston. If JD caves and the Jets don't go to SB then I will be ready to kick JD to the curb.

Last edited:

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Who cares at this point. If I'm JD, I let him sit and don't give him a single dollar more. If this dildo wants a paycheck then get yourself in the locker room. He hasn't earned anything with the Jets. Right now he has the same amount of sacks for the Jets as Gholston. If JD caves and the Jets don't go to SB then I will be ready to kick JD to the curb.
Gotta agree. I'm tired of this guy. As far as I'm concerned this guy has not been a factor at all. You can't miss what you never had. Here's an idea: Trade Him to Arizona. That will really eff him up. Just ask @butterscotch.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This does seem like his plan. Hopefully our other guys completely ball out and show him we don’t need him.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
This does seem like his plan. Hopefully our other guys completely ball out and show him we don’t need him.

does seem like his plan. Hopefully our other guys completely ball out and show him we don’t need
This was exactly his plan all along……. if the EDGES ball out….he will be in Tuesday. If they suck, we will wait for JD’s panic call