Hassan Reddick hold out

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Fines can not be waived. At this point it's looking like he is not going to report until he has to,just to accrue a season.
I would have held in if I were him. That's usually what his agents players do .
Jets have a very short window to get a VLT. Reddick makes that more likely.
He has a mix bag of fines at this point LOL. Some are mandatory so he's SOL there (will probably demand they add it to his contract), and some are discretionary which they could waive.

Lets see what happens, but definitely feel Reddick didn't handle this correctly. Doing a Hold-in would have had him in the building to work on a deal and he wouldn't be getting fines through the nose.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
He has a mix bag of fines at this point LOL. Some are mandatory so he's SOL there (will probably demand they add it to his contract), and some are discretionary which they could waive.

Lets see what happens, but definitely feel Reddick didn't handle this correctly. Doing a Hold-in would have had him in the building to work on a deal and he wouldn't be getting fines through the nose.
At least Joe Douglas gave some clarity to the whole situation.
He offered him a deal prior to the trade that Reddick turned down.
JD felt it was worth the gamble to go ahead with the trade with no agreement in place. JD admitted he told Reddick and his agent he would work it out after Reddick's press conference, but has not spoken to them since . His excuse was he doesn't have the luxury of working on just 1 contract.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
At least Joe Douglas gave some clarity to the whole situation.
He offered him a deal prior to the trade that Reddick turned down.
JD felt it was worth the gamble to go ahead with the trade with no agreement in place. JD admitted he told Reddick and his agent he would work it out after Reddick's press conference, but has not spoken to them since . His excuse was he doesn't have the luxury of working on just 1 contract.
Sounds like a reasonable excuse to me. We have several players whose contracts are at that point where something needs to be done to keep from losing them.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Sounds like a reasonable excuse to me. We have several players whose contracts are at that point where something needs to be done to keep from losing them.
Not really, Sauce, Wilson etc are not eligible for negotiations until next season. The tackles won't be getting offers until after the season is over and Hall will at best be kept for one additional year on a tag after his contract expires

Last edited:

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Seems like Tuesday will be a day of interest to watch. If he doesn’t report, it starts going into game check territory, so seems it would be in his best interest to at least show and maybe “hold-in”

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Seems like Tuesday will be a day of interest to watch. If he doesn’t report, it starts going into game check territory, so seems it would be in his best interest to at least show and maybe “hold-in”
He already forfeited 3 game checks by missing the preseason games

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wishful Thinking I believe. Unless traded, Riddick will not be seen for a while. Maybe after the trade deadline?

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Wishful Thinking I believe. Unless traded, Riddick will not be seen for a while. Maybe after the trade deadline?
I believe he has to dress for 6 games to prevent the season from tolling. So sometime between tomorrow and week 11......

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Just let him lose money. Surely we have enough to replace 10 sacks from Huff or the possible 12 sacks from Reddick. Thats what the coaches have to figure out.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Just let him lose money. Surely we have enough to replace 10 sacks from Huff or the possible 12 sacks from Reddick. Thats what the coaches have to figure out.
My thoughts exactly. The D was pretty good in the pre season and I was impressed with the depth on the d-line.
Riddick was an enticing option but wasn't a necessity. What can you say except WTF for the whole illogical approach that the Riddick camp has taken? Guy is SCROOOed beyond all comprehension imo. Good Luck and fire your Reps Hassan, unless you're the DumbAss. Then just................. wow.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My thoughts exactly. The D was pretty good in the pre season and I was impressed with the depth on the d-line.
Riddick was an enticing option but wasn't a necessity. What can you say except WTF for the whole illogical approach that the Riddick camp has taken? Guy is SCROOOed beyond all comprehension imo. Good Luck and fire your Reps Hassan, unless you're the DumbAss. Then just................. wow.
If he misses week 1 then I hope he never joins the team and then the Jets screw him.

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
If he misses week 1 then I hope he never joins the team and then the Jets screw him.
It's already too late for me, how fit will the guy be right now?

He will return, take a heavy hit and then spend the rest of the season on IR raking in his guaranteed money and laughing at the Jets.

Keep him sitting rotting at home or trade the **** elsewhere asap

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No show "yet" today. Seems he may be ready to miss games. Not sure when he would need to show up this week to not miss the first game check.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
game of chicken....who needs who more........sounds like he has pushed all his chips in on Game 1 no show and hopes Jets flop and desperately need him...........not seeing that work