Hassan Reddick hold out

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I still think he gets this season fully guaranteed and maybe some way to make back the fines. Anything more than that and JD is an idiot.

I think you are in the right ball park here. JD is going to have to give him something to make him feel better about playing under the circumstance. If Reddick decides to not play and holds out for the season he will be shooting himself in the foot. He and his agent have to know this is not going their way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
I wonder if Jets performance and game plan (playing Tak McK a lot and corner blitzes) in final PS game was a message to HR was that "we don't need you".

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
There is clearly a reason why no team he has ever played for was willing to give him the bag that he’s looking for. He should have held-in, showed up and tried to negotiate. I’m not sure what his tactic is here, but so far, none of it has made sense.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Seems like Reddick is using old tactics in a New CBA World. Massive blunder at His age. WTF were they thinking? Hell maybe the guy hates training camp? Only He knows. Only one screwed here is YOU.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I still think he gets this season fully guaranteed and maybe some way to make back the fines. Anything more than that and JD is an idiot.
I’m ok with fully guaranteed. If he gets any of that fine money back I’ll be pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
you can't fix stupid......so you deal with what it is.... Now I get it that the Jets will bend on something....so my take is he doesn't get everything. By that I mean fines waived, money guaranteed. At this point I would waive the fines but NOT guarantee the full season salary. It seems these holdouts get hurt and last thing I want to see is Reddick develop a hang nail that lands him on bench for games upon games. Don't get caught holding the bag on this one.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Lol.I was going to comment on this some more but I realized I don't give a rats ass anymore. Guess I'm gettin' old.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I’m ok with fully guaranteed. If he gets any of that fine money back I’ll be pissed.
nooooo......just giving him incentive to get 'hurt' and not play. Waive the fines and give him incentives to reach.......benefits both sides

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
you can't fix stupid......so you deal with what it is.... Now I get it that the Jets will bend on something....so my take is he doesn't get everything. By that I mean fines waived, money guaranteed. At this point I would waive the fines but NOT guarantee the full season salary. It seems these holdouts get hurt and last thing I want to see is Reddick develop a hang nail that lands him on bench for games upon games. Don't get caught holding the bag on this one.
Now all of a sudden I do care.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I wrote about this earlier in the thread(too lazy to look for it). You know this guy is a pulled Hammy or High Ankle sprain ready too happen if He is signed and reports. You just know it. At this point I say twist in the wind bitch. I'm not paying this guy to go on IR in week 3 or 4. Eff that.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
He won't show without a fully guaranteed contract. Rightfully so. It's a dangerous game, he is top 5 at his position. His salary should be fully guaranteed. The billionaire can pay the millionaire.

Last edited:

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
He won't show without a fully guaranteed contract. Rightfully so. It's a dangerous game, he is top 5 at his position. His salary should be fully guaranteed. The billionaire can pay the millionaire.
so be it.....his mistake was not showing up at all....he's a non-entity and I am not in the habit of paying ghosts. AT this point, his antics have cost him
so be it. His big mistake was not showing up at all.......so at this point his sorry ass gets nothing better than performance incentives and fines waived - that'll be his guarantee. I'm not in the habit of paying ghosts.

If he had at least reported...he could've impacted people in some way. Coaches could've invested time/effort in him....teammates too.....but all he has done is give the Jets the middle finger. I'm giving 2 right back.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
so be it.....his mistake was not showing up at all....he's a non-entity and I am not in the habit of paying ghosts. AT this point, his antics have cost him

so be it. His big mistake was not showing up at all.......so at this point his sorry ass gets nothing better than performance incentives and fines waived - that'll be his guarantee. I'm not in the habit of paying ghosts.

If he had at least reported...he could've impacted people in some way. Coaches could've invested time/effort in him....teammates too.....but all he has done is give the Jets the middle finger. I'm giving 2 right back.
Fines can not be waived. At this point it's looking like he is not going to report until he has to,just to accrue a season.
I would have held in if I were him. That's usually what his agents players do .
Jets have a very short window to get a VLT. Reddick makes that more likely.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
See if the Steelers want Riddick. Riddick and a pick for Fields. Would love to have another young QB with talent for the Jets to ruin.