Hassan Reddick hold out

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
He won't be playing at all this year. Jets won't need him after these next 3 weeks. No need for a 2-5 team to worry about signing a disgruntled player. He will fit right in though.
At this point if he doesn't report, I feel like he is going to blacklist himself. If he shows up week 10 to toll his contract and nothing else, what team is going to want to take on a guy like that?

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
He won't be playing at all this year. Jets won't need him after these next 3 weeks. No need for a 2-5 team to worry about signing a disgruntled player. He will fit right in though.
He'll be here by week 10. If he isn't he won't get credit for the season and the Jets will still own his contract at the end of the season which means he won't be a free agent and he will still be dealing with the Jets. I hope it does go that way but I doubt that it will.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
At this point if he doesn't report, I feel like he is going to blacklist himself. If he shows up week 10 to toll his contract and nothing else, what team is going to want to take on a guy like that?
But he’ll get some retirement pay from the Jets week 11

but if I understand correctly, he will owe more in fines then he gets for the season?

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
But he’ll get some retirement pay from the Jets week 11

but if I understand correctly, he will owe more in fines then he gets for the season?
I'm not sure how that works. I believe it is just taken out of his paycheck until the fines are paid (essentially go nothing until he is caught up), but I'm not sure if they can stick him with a bill.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hopefully the NFL blackballs him. I know they are capable of it, but I'm sure they will say oh it's the Jets so Reddick will get another job, but I will root for an early end to his career.
Might be the same as Mekhi 'I'm a left tackle' Becton. Moving to another franchise allows him to relinquish his entrenched position without losing face.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
He'll be here by week 10. If he isn't he won't get credit for the season and the Jets will still own his contract at the end of the season which means he won't be a free agent and he will still be dealing with the Jets. I hope it does go that way but I doubt that it will.
I'm hearing now that he has until week 13 to show. There seems to be some confusion about that. We'll just have to wait to find out.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
To show?? if i were betting a horse i would bet him to lose
Truth be told I wouldn't be surprised to see him continue the hold out rather than admit that his holdout was a futile attempt to get the Jets to offer him a contract that no other team in the NFL would even consider offering. The word is that he turned down what was a pretty good ONE YEAR deal which not only increased his salary but allowed him to recoup some of his losses. He might just retire instead of accepting the obvious.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Truth be told I wouldn't be surprised to see him continue the hold out rather than admit that his holdout was a futile attempt to get the Jets to offer him a contract that no other team in the NFL would even consider offering. The word is that he turned down what was a pretty good ONE YEAR deal which not only increased his salary but allowed him to recoup some of his losses. He might just retire instead of accepting the obvious.
There is always one sap out there

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Won't the Jets be on the beach by week 13?
Maybe...........but if so then he for sure won't want to rejoin the team. At any rate if he doesn't get in the required number of games he won't be eligible for free agency and will be in the same boat with the same team at the start of next season. What would that say about his IQ ?