Hassan Reddick hold out

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This is what JD offered to do for him. I'm being told by someone who has insight on the team that JD was willing to consider an extension after he showed somewhere in mid season that he could and would still deliver as he has in recent years. I was pretty sure that Reddick would flinch first as I said above. He did, and asking to be traded again is a desperation move on his part. He has no leverage. Jets don't need him. He is a luxury that they would love to have but not a need. If Reddick has any brains he will report to the facility ASAP, be the best team mate he has ever been and have the best season he has ever had. Otherwise his career may very well go downhill fast from here. He isn't getting any younger either which is why nobody wants to pay the fortune he is demanding. ----------I know Bigmoe, long winded. :D
But well said. Classic case of over playing what is turning out to be a non existent hand. Now Reddick has 2 choices imo. Report or sit out the Season. After JD'S decree from above, those are his only options. Hopefully He reports and plays up too His standard and doesn't Mail it in like so many before Him. I could see that happening too. A guy goes back on his word He's capable of anything. Beware.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
But well said. Classic case of over playing what is turning out to be a non existent hand. Now Reddick has 2 choices imo. Report or sit out the Season. After JD'S decree from above, those are his only options. Hopefully He reports and plays up too His standard and doesn't Mail it in like so many before Him. I could see that happening too. A guy goes back on his word He's capable of anything. Beware.
Possibly, but that would pretty much ruin his chances of getting a decent contact anywhere. If he shows and doesn't produce............well................somebody has to keep the bench warm. I'm pretty sure he has pissed JD off which likely means this will be his first and last season as a Jet. He'll need some pretty impressive tape this season to land another contract.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Possibly, but that would pretty much ruin his chances of getting a decent contact anywhere. If he shows and doesn't produce............well................somebody has to keep the bench warm. I'm pretty sure he has pissed JD off which likely means this will be his first and last season as a Jet. He'll need some pretty impressive tape this season to land another contract.
Yes I've heard that JD did mention he was willing to sign him to a long term deal "if" he produced during the regular season (and the offer was supposed to be a bridge to get them there). That being said, Reddick is not looking good in this whole mess (two trade requests from two different teams in the same offseason???). The league is watching and he is looking like a massive headache who is truly overvaluing his own worth.

For all parties, I hope this gets resolved, but JD has shown that he is a spiteful and vindictive person (that dude holds grudges). Reddick is working himself into a corner that even if he comes out, he is gone screw himself over.

At this point, I'm with everyone else on this. If he wants to play hardball, let him sit the entire season and send him and his people the bill for the fines he will owe. If he doesn't play, he earns ZERO! His contract is non-guaranteed, and after earning nada he will still owe the fines :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
At this point, I'm with everyone else on this. If he wants to play hardball, let him sit the entire season and send him and his people the bill for the fines he will owe. If he doesn't play, he earns ZERO! His contract is non-guaranteed, and after earning nada he will still owe the fines :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
AND this year would be wiped from the books and he would still be under contract for us for 1 year.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
That's why it's bizarre no? I don't understand why, with this CBA, why any player would attempt to do what Reddick is attempting. No leverage for Him now. JD is playing Hardball. I kinda like it to tell you the truth. For years the Jets had to overpay to get guys to come play for this team. Finally it's like "You wanna get paid? Cool. Earn your contract." I like this new stance. Alot.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
No. Let Mr Reddick twist in the wind. Reddick seems to think the Jets need Him more than He needs them. I believe the opposite. Reddick is either very shortsighted or He's getting terrible advice.
I agree with this. As much as everyone loves to try to clown the Jets, Reddick has ZERO leverage here and has already overplayed his hand. No one but the Jets were willing to even consider a trade for him, and he cost us next to nothing. This is essentially his last opportunity to get a big payday and he is clinging onto that with hopes and prayers that he can force our hand.

Add to that, if McDonald starts to ball out, Reddick has really screwed himself and completely lost his gamble. It's in his best interest to get this done before the games go live. Who blinks first is the only question now. Quite frankly the "trade request" IMO, is an act of desperation on Reddick's side.

This is a really good read and puts into perspective how 99% of the GM's will view and value Reddick

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/08/13/ny-jets-leverage-haason-reddick-situation/

Highlighted from the article

"Let’s compare Reddick’s 2023 pressure rate and pressure total to the highest-paid edge rushers in the league (based on APY):

• 1. Nick Bosa ($34M): 16.8% (10th) / 95 total pressures (3rd)
  • 2. Josh Hines-Allen ($28.3M): 17.5% (4th) / 90 total pressures (5th)
  • 3. Brian Burns ($28.2M): 10.6% (60th) / 40 total pressures (52nd)
  • 4. T.J. Watt ($28M): 15.6% (17th) / 86 total pressures (7th)
  • 5. Myles Garrett ($25M): 17.2% (6th) / 86 total pressures (6th)
  • X. Haason Reddick ($25M): 12.0% (45th) / 67 total pressures (15th)
  • 6. Danielle Hunter ($24.5M): 13.0% (35th) / 80 total pressures (9th)
  • 6. Montez Sweat ($24.5M): 12.4% (41st) / 64 total pressures (18th)
  • 8. Rashan Gary ($24M): 15.6% (16th) / 60 total pressures (20th)
  • 9. Maxx Crosby ($23.5M): 14.3% (25th) / 94 total pressures (4th)
  • 10. Bradley Chubb ($22M): 14.7% (21st) / 70 total pressures (12th)
Reddick had a lower pressure rate than nine of the 10 highest-paid edge rushers, with the only exception being Brian Burns, who cannot really be compared to Reddick from a contract standpoint since he is about five years younger.

Speaking of which, it should be noted that Reddick is older than all 10 of these players. Hunter and Watt are only a few weeks behind him, but they are better players."

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Either let him sit. Or wait for a Dumb ass team like the Seahawks or Panthers. To offer us a Boatload of picks for him. When they become desperate because of injuries.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I have to be honest, Dianna Russini has lost all credibility over the years and just appears to report click bait BS

The Athletic's Dianna Russini reported that when the Jets acquired Reddick in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, they made him a "below market" contract offer that he turned down. The team never made a new offer because they were "informed by Reddick's rep that he would play under his current contract."

Below market meaning what? They offered him $10M a season? Or they offered him a raise over his current contract but not the $28M-$30M that he is seeking? Anything below Reddick's asking price can be considered "below market", and this goes off of the assumption that he is actually worth Top 5 money.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
only way this plays out is Reddick bending the knee.........Jets may still give some incentives to shoot for (benefits both sides if attained).....but he is NOT getting an extension. This is purely a I'm using you - you are using me scenario. Guy needs to produce numbers to get any big contract attention next year. His numbers have been on the decline.

This holdout has a maximum shelf life of one game.....1 missed paycheck will cure him period. I'm betting sooner rather than later it sinks in he is staring at a week 1 zero payday. Thing is, he has already nullified the best offer he could get....at this point he is just trying to save face. I imagine incentives bring back whatever goodwill can exist. What a complete and total dumbass.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I have to be honest, Dianna Russini has lost all credibility over the years and just appears to report click bait BS

The Athletic's Dianna Russini reported that when the Jets acquired Reddick in a trade with the Philadelphia Eagles, they made him a "below market" contract offer that he turned down. The team never made a new offer because they were "informed by Reddick's rep that he would play under his current contract."

Below market meaning what? They offered him $10M a season? Or they offered him a raise over his current contract but not the $28M-$30M that he is seeking? Anything below Reddick's asking price can be considered "below market", and this goes off of the assumption that he is actually worth Top 5 money.
They probably sweet

Now the deal gets done
Unbelievable.
The Great and Powerful AARON has spoken....what a crock of shite.

Reddick coming into camp now is not going to end well. You know He's going pull a hammy or a lat due to lack of conditioning. You know its going to happen. Someone said earlier Riddick was cutting off His nose to spite his face. Truer words have never been spoke.