Hassan Reddick hold out

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Im still amazed how many are still sticking to Connor Hughes admittedly false report about the Jets having an agreement in place prior to the trade. It just untrue and JDs error.
Things will be worked out before week one in the best interest of both sides. Reddick obviously wants to be paid, Jets are relying on him to bolster the front line wit the losses of Huff and JFM.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Let him wither on the vine. The guy just doesn't want to play for this team imo.
Call it Jet lag if you will. I say sit Him out the whole Season and show what happens when you renege on a deal.
You ain't got your Word you ain't shite.
Punk.
I'm laughing here, but, it might just go that way. In truth though I'm expecting a compromise before the start of the regular season but I don't think it will be anything like what Reddick currently is asking.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
Let him wither on the vine. The guy just doesn't want to play for this team imo.
Call it Jet lag if you will. I say sit Him out the whole Season and show what happens when you renege on a deal.
You ain't got your Word you ain't shite.
Punk.
I agree

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Let him rot as long as you can and then trade him. Or let him sit all season and hopefully it ruins his career and hopefully he spends all this seasons money on fines.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This guy is a dumb shit. Truly. He's not in football shape. Which usually means He's going to have assorted Muscle Pulls and nagging little injuries that go with a holdout. On a 1yr deal. Brilliant. Good let someone else deal with his welching ass.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think the problem here is he thinks he's worth $28-$30 a season. Two franchises have already told him "Hell No!!", yet he has it stuck in his mind that he's being short changed.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I’d be afraid to sign him now no matter what the deal is .
What were we offering him anyone know ?
I’d like to see the difference he’s holding out for and ruining his career

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I’d be afraid to sign him now no matter what the deal is .
What were we offering him anyone know ?
I’d like to see the difference he’s holding out for and ruining his career
I haven't seen any numbers on "what was supposedly offered". It was alleged that "They offered to guarantee this season and added incentives that he could make significantly more" and he scoffed at it and said $25M+ or no dice.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I haven't seen any numbers on "what was supposedly offered". It was alleged that "They offered to guarantee this season and added incentives that he could make significantly more" and he scoffed at it and said $25M+ or no dice.
This is what JD offered to do for him. I'm being told by someone who has insight on the team that JD was willing to consider an extension after he showed somewhere in mid season that he could and would still deliver as he has in recent years. I was pretty sure that Reddick would flinch first as I said above. He did, and asking to be traded again is a desperation move on his part. He has no leverage. Jets don't need him. He is a luxury that they would love to have but not a need. If Reddick has any brains he will report to the facility ASAP, be the best team mate he has ever been and have the best season he has ever had. Otherwise his career may very well go downhill fast from here. He isn't getting any younger either which is why nobody wants to pay the fortune he is demanding. ----------I know Bigmoe, long winded. :D

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Do the fines go back to the team or to the league? Either way let him rot. Would be nice to have but our D is more than sufficient without him. Let JD pick up a waiver wire pick or 2 to replace him and sit him all season. Fuck him.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Do the fines go back to the team or to the league? Either way let him rot. Would be nice to have but our D is more than sufficient without him. Let JD pick up a waiver wire pick or 2 to replace him and sit him all season. Fuck him.
Funny thought here...........JD could use the money they ARE NOT paying him to bring in another experienced edge rusher like Yannick Ngakoue
who, while not being as hot a commodity as Reddick, is still pretty good and available. Let Reddick sit out the season paying fines and losing money for the whole season and then let him go in free agency at the end of the season.