Injustice

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Myself, I'm perfectly happy. I'm just playing along with the game. I'm totally good with the system. Unless of course some one comes to take what's mine. :)

I don't even want this thread to exist, but while it's here I'll have fun with it

I respect your quote!

S

sg3

Anybody still think a politics thread on.a football message board is a terrific idea?

F

flgreen

:popcorn:

So much for the "no politics" suggestion. LOL

LOL

Hey it was my idea to ban this thread, don't think politics or religion have any business on a football board. ALWAYS ends badly, but as I said above, if it's here I'll play in it.

Other wise we are just going to be subjected to an endless barrage of silly, hate filled, propaganda

S

sg3

LOL

Hey it was my idea to ban this thread, don't think politics or religion have any business on a football board. ALWAYS ends badly, but as I said above, if it's here I'll play in it.

Other wise we are just going to be subjected to an endless barrage of silly, hate filled, propaganda

As opposed to your last 6 page barrage of silly hate filled propaganda??

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
You know why I think politics is stupid? It's Bc neither side is wrong. It's just a different way to look at things. There are evidence of both Democratic and Republican leaderships of having success and failing.

S

sg3

You know why I think politics is stupid? It's Bc neither side is wrong. It's just a different way to look at things. There are evidence of both Democratic and Republican leaderships of having success and failing.
Same as with wars, E. Both sides out there slaughtering each other and being told by their political leaders that they are right and noble and have god on their side

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yes it's all bullshit and quite frankly, I never pay attention to it anymore. I'm very naive when it comes to politics. I've had my battles and there's no point on bringing up the same issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

flgreen

As opposed to your last 6 page barrage of silly hate filled propaganda??

Of course, that's what this thread is about. Just trying to contribute to the post count for the site

U

ucrenegade

well i don't care of political talk of this canidate or that canidate most likely both are worthless anyway and are appointed by the rich and big cmpanies in society.

but i do enjoy debating about the issues facing us and what we deal with everyday.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
:popcorn:

So much for the "no politics" suggestion. LOL

Hopefully Republicans win back the white house in 2016..we are doomed and a laughingstock worldwide, as long as this other clown is in office who has an agenda and wants to keep providing for the people that don't bring anything to the table and don't even want to try...

AFA2017

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Hopefully Republicans win back the white house in 2016..we are doomed and a laughingstock worldwide, as long as this other clown is in office who has an agenda and wants to keep providing for the people that don't bring anything to the table and don't even want to try...

What Clown? Surely not our Commander and Chief. If your upset over his medical plan, you can keep yours. If you are like the thousands of people living outside of the country trying to get visa's to enter the USA legally, just go to Mexico. Once there you have permission to enter this country illegally and you get free medical and benefits.. If you don't want to work, go on Welfare. You get free alcohol, cigarettes, and food. On top of that his wife has traveled to every country on a sight seeing tour. What more could you ask for.

HYATT™

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Corporate Welfare, (excludes "no-bid" contracts that are rife with fraud, waste, and abuse to the tune of over $1.4 billion at the Pentagon alone in 2006), is actually a larger share of the federal budget than all income security programs combined, (excludes Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid, which are NOT "welfare" in any traditional sense of the word).

TANF (Temporary Aid to Needy Families) [2006]
About $59 billion is spent on traditional social welfare programs. $92 billion is spent on corporate subsidies. So, the government spent 50% more on corporate welfare than it did on food stamps and housing assistance in 2006.

Before we look at the details, a heartfelt plea from the Save the CEO’s Charitable Trust:

There’s so much suffering in the world. It can all get pretty overwhelming sometimes. Consider, for a moment the sorrow in the eyes of a CEO who’s just found out that his end-of-year bonus is only going to be a paltry $2.3 million.

“It felt like a slap in the face. Imagine what it would feel like just before Christmas to find out that you’re going to be forced to scrape by on your standard $8.4 million compensation package alone. Imagine what is was like to have to look into my daughter’s face and tell her that I couldn’t afford to both buy her a dollar sign shaped island and hire someone to chew her food from now on, too. To put her in that situation of having to choose… She’s only a child for God’s sake.”

It doesn’t have to be this way. Thanks to federal subsidies from taxpayers like you, CEO’s like G. Allen Andreas of Archer Daniels Midland was able to take home almost $14 million in executive compensation last year. But he’s one of the lucky ones. There are still corporations out there that actually have to provide goods and services to their consumers in order to survive. They need your help.

For just $93 billion a year the federal government is able to provide a better life for these CEO’s and their families. That’s less than the cost of 240 million cups of coffee a day. Won’t you help a needy corporation today?

When the gummint stops subsidizing the lifestyles of people like Andreas, call me up and we can discuss cutting off granny's rental housing subsidy & food stamps.

F

flgreen

What Clown? Surely not our Commander and Chief. If your upset over his medical plan, you can keep yours. If you are like the thousands of people living outside of the country trying to get visa's to enter the USA legally, just go to Mexico. Once there you have permission to enter this country illegally and you get free medical and benefits.. If you don't want to work, go on Welfare. You get free alcohol, cigarettes, and food. On top of that his wife has traveled to every country on a sight seeing tour. What more could you ask for.

Well there's that, there is also the small item that he seems hell bent on arming Iran with nukes, who at some time in the future will use them on us, or someone they gave them to will.

More then a little disturbing

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Well there's that, there is also the small item that he seems hell bent on arming Iran with nukes, who at some time in the future will use them on us, or someone they gave them to will.

More then a little disturbing

not to mention affiliations Bill AYERS, and Rev Wright...

This guy was a congressman..a career lobbyist and our nation was stupid enough to vote him in TWICE !!

it was/is like making a little league baseball coach, the head coach of an NFL team..

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
There is no good in this thread. None.

Politics, religion and other people's children rarely make good conversations

One of the reasons that the scout board was so good is intelligent posters like you and the amazing job that the mods did. If you decide to eliminate stuff like this, FWIW I stand firmly behind you out of respect.

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
It's truly sad how many of you think we "can't" (or at least "shouldn't") have a politics forum. Who cares if it gets ugly? That's called life. You learn which situations you can handle and which you need to walk away from. The idea that people are incapable of having differing opinions is ridiculous -- then we better not allow any threads about Geno, or Rex, or anything else Jet-related that is bound to cause dispute.

It's amazing how many people that think we shouldn't have it were found commenting in the thread. Isn't that counterproductive?

Personally I don't comment much, but I still like hearing the back and forth of differing opinions -- just like what happens in the majority of Jets threads.

If you end up banning it, fine. But the idea that it would make this site BETTER is foolish -- all it does is show a lack of faith in the exact people who keep the site alive . . .