New York Jets 2022 NFL Draft Reaction Thread

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Question: Out of Sauce, Wilson, Johnson, and Hall; were any of these picks the result of coaching the senior bowl?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Question: Out of Sauce, Wilson, Johnson, and Hall; were any of these picks the result of coaching the senior bowl?
the only player at the Senior Bowl was Jermaine Johnson who was on the Lions American Roster.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
@innocenti Max Mitchell was also assigned to the American Roster at the Senior Bowl, the Jets wanted him on their roster shows their interest as they ended up drafting the versatile offensive lineman. Jeremy Ruckert was on the Jets roster but left the Senior Bowl due to the passing of his grandfather.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Here is a fun fact if the Atlanta Falcons took Garrett Wilson at 8 the Jets were planning to take Jermaine Johnson at 10. What most Jets fans don't realize JJ was rated even on my board as a Top 15 prospect. Actually had him at 15. So taking him at 10 would not of been a stretch. What most people are over looking is the fact that if Falcons did indeed go Wilson at 8, it shows how less interested the Jets were in Drake London not considering him at 10. Just FYI.

Jets had three other options at Wide Receiver if Garrett Wilson was gone. They were all taken in the second round after pick 38: UK Wan'Dale Robinson, Cincinnati Alec Pierce and WMU Skyy Moore

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Leading up to the Draft I didn't feel we needed to take a CB or RB till later in the Draft. I wanted Ikey at #4 and J. Johnson at #10 with a Linebacker in the 2nd Rd. As it turned out, I couldn't be more stoked as JD and Saleh nailed it. Every pick except the last one was great. This may turn out to be the greatest draft the Jets have had since we drafted Joe Namath.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Leading up to the Draft I didn't feel we needed to take a CB or RB till later in the Draft. I wanted Ikey at #4 and J. Johnson at #10 with a Linebacker in the 2nd Rd. As it turned out, I couldn't be more stoked as JD and Saleh nailed it. Every pick except the last one was great. This may turn out to be the greatest draft the Jets have had since we drafted Joe Namath.
With JFM kicking inside, the added Edge/DE was pretty important. Cleamons will be a solid rotational guy outside and bring a nastiness to the D.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I'm worried about Cleamons off field activities. Will he carry them over from his college days.

Jets Global

Jet Fans United
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
“That’s not who I am," Clemons said. "That’s not what my character shows. That’s in the past and I’ve learned from it.”
Douglas said they “felt comfortable” about drafting him after doing their background work on Clemons — and that Clemons won't repeat his mistakes.

Jets Global

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm worried about Cleamons off field activities. Will he carry them over from his college days.
I guess they thought this guy’s upside was worth the risk. For some guys it’s a snapshot of who they really are. For others it’s just part of immaturity at the tail end of adolescence.

If this kid really has learned from it, he’s a hell of a talent. Watch the tape. He’s got a non-stop motor. High effort guy. Looks the part physically as a rotational down lineman.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
The Jets will have 11 new starters in 2022 as a result of the draft, free agency, and returning from season ending injuries.

Breece Hall, CJ Uzomah, G.Wilson, Tomlinson, Becton, Whitehead, Joyner, Gardner, DJ Reed, Lawson and J.Johnson.

This is going to be a much better team. Much better. If it all clicks and they stay relatively healthy, I could see 8-10 wins.
Hey not fair I was next on that joint

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Well - it was quite the draft....thoroughly enjoyed it and hearing the good things said about the Jets' efforts. Couple things I take from it;
1. Was it first year learning curve only or was the Adam Gase a factor in draft #1 for Joe D? Since given full control and a better working partner, night and day difference from first to next two drafts for Joe D.

2. Not disappointed, but surprised he sat on two picks in 4th and didn't trade down to add a 5th or 6th. Not a major item, just surprised.

3. For tghe love of God - can we NOW ditch the misguided concept that Joe D is/was on the hotseat? Only the clickbait writers created this false narrative that has stirred up the SOJ part of the fanbase. Those in the know, those here on this site for the most part, realize this is and has been a PROCESS with no magic potion. Either you believe in the signs the QB showed as he played more and the ability of this GM to judge talent or you don't...........year 2 for Zach - progress expected, but let's not get sucked into the vortex that it's booming success or time for regime change. Schedule is tough and we now have a lot of players in diapers.........we just need to see incremental steps forward to the goal of building sustained success.

very excited for the upcoming season and actually feel that we are not necessarily at the mercy of the injury gods.........there is depth to adapt. I feel in 2022 we are playing with house money.........still gives us a chance to surprise.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Well - it was quite the draft....thoroughly enjoyed it and hearing the good things said about the Jets' efforts. Couple things I take from it;
1. Was it first year learning curve only or was the Adam Gase a factor in draft #1 for Joe D? Since given full control and a better working partner, night and day difference from first to next two drafts for Joe D.

2. Not disappointed, but surprised he sat on two picks in 4th and didn't trade down to add a 5th or 6th. Not a major item, just surprised.

3. For tghe love of God - can we NOW ditch the misguided concept that Joe D is/was on the hotseat? Only the clickbait writers created this false narrative that has stirred up the SOJ part of the fanbase. Those in the know, those here on this site for the most part, realize this is and has been a PROCESS with no magic potion. Either you believe in the signs the QB showed as he played more and the ability of this GM to judge talent or you don't...........year 2 for Zach - progress expected, but let's not get sucked into the vortex that it's booming success or time for regime change. Schedule is tough and we now have a lot of players in diapers.........we just need to see incremental steps forward to the goal of building sustained success.

very excited for the upcoming season and actually feel that we are not necessarily at the mercy of the injury gods.........there is depth to adapt. I feel in 2022 we are playing with house money.........still gives us a chance to surprise.
I don't know about the hotseat...but if the Jets disappoint this season, he's probably gone. JD drafted like it was make or break for him.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
couldn't disagree more - guy is locked in when you can't judge a draft class for 2-3 years........guy drafted like he was taught to do so.
So if the Jets finish let's say 5-12 in 2022 or 11-39 over the past 3 seasons, JD's job is still safe. Wow, just wow!!