Ryan Fitzpatrick Traded to Jets

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
That's because the site has added a running Jets twitter feed to the right of the forum window.

Speaking of that, in that twitter feed, Adam Schefter is confirming that the Fitzpatrick deal is done, for a late pick.

Yes, but you can remove it by clicking the arrow on the top right.

arrow.JPG

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
why waste our time with garbage?

Because he's not being brought in to be the longterm face of the franchise. He's being brought in to hold down the fort, protect the ball, and groom younger guys in Gailey's system and in making progressions at the NFL level.

Was there a guy on the market who was really a legit franchise QB? Are Hoyer and Mallett that much better than Fitzpatrick?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So no 2015 pick. 2016 7th, can escalate to a 6th conditionally with playing time.

Tough to complain about this one.

Machina Verde

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
So a conditional 7th rounder that could become a 6th. This is a no-brainer and a wise decision. Did I like Glennon? Hell yes and he could still find his way onto the roster. But the front office has made us better with this move.

F

flgreen

Not saying he is the greatest thing since sliced bread..but isnt he worth a 7th ?? maybe..just maybe since he knows Gailey's sytem..he will be an easy study and help Geno

I don't think he would be coming here to help Smith, he would be coming here to try and take Smith's job. If Smith beats him out, great , but I really don't think that will happen in a fair, and open competition.

TurboJet

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
I like this for only one reason...he knows Gailey's system.
Some are saying he can mentor Geno...but I don't think that is entirely the case.
He will help Geno some but I believe he is a competitor and his intention is being the starting QB for the NY Jets; not mentoring a struggling QB he has no prior relationship with.

Sarge

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Total no brainer trade. Great job new GM guy whose name I can't spell yet!

JaxJet

Day 1 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Please Fitz beat out Geno! I do not want to see this scrub under center ever again.

jetfandreamer

Jets Groupie
Jet Fanatics
Jets acquired QB Ryan Fitzpatrick from the Texans in exchange for a conditional late-round pick.

Fitzpatrick became the odd man out after the Texans signed Brian Hoyer and Ryan Mallett, two quarterbacks Bill O'Brien coached in New England. It's a no-brainer for the Jets. Fitzpatrick quietly produced the ninth-highest quarterback rating in the league last season. Geno Smith, meanwhile, was 29th. Fitzpatrick will be reunited with his former coach Chan Gailey. New York had been talked about as a possible destination for Oregon QB Marcus Mariota, but that seems unlikely now.

cysporsche

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I don't think Fitz or Jets Mgt. are bringing him here as a back-up, they want competition for Geno which is smart. My money is still on Geno because of his strong arm and athletic ability. One thing is for sure, with Fitz @ QB & Decker WR, we have two of the most intelligent players in the NFL.

Go Jets...Cyborg

OCCH

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Please Fitz beat out Geno! I do not want to see this scrub under center ever again.

I understand your frustration with Geno, but the best case scenario is Geno plays BETTER than Fitz (as opposed to less worse).

We gotta hope Fitz never sees the field, though personally I'm not holding my breath . . .

S

sg3

Nice pickup

Now we have 2 QBs on the roster vastly better than the bust from.WVU.

Fitz. and Simms. We will add a third in the draft.

In a legit comp Smith is already in 4th place and fadimg

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Nice pickup

Now we have 2 QBs on the roster vastly better than the bust from.WVU.

Fitz. and Simms. We will add a third in the draft.

In a legit comp Smith is already in 4th place and fadimg

i understand being down on geno.

but what makes anyone think matt simms is a better QB?

lounap23

Legend
Jet Fanatics
I am ok with this move... Especially it's reported to be a late rd conditional pick, next year.... He knows Gaileys offense... has performed well in it... Though he did TO the ball a lot over the last 2 years he has seemed to cut down on that issue...