Ryan Fitzpatrick Traded to Jets

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Good completion rate, good TD-INT ratio. If he comes in and plays as well as he was last year, the Jets are going to be better than decent.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
I understand your frustration with Geno, but the best case scenario is Geno plays BETTER than Fitz (as opposed to less worse).

We gotta hope Fitz never sees the field, though personally I'm not holding my breath . . .
whoever wins the job is fine with me.. go get em next season's NY jet starting QB!!

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Fitzpatrick's passer rating was 2 points lower than Brady's. Geno's was 20.

Fitzpatrick had a 17TD/8INT ratio. Geno had a 13/13 ratio.

I'm not sure why there is such a narrative of Fitzpatrick being so awful. The team could do worse than having Fitzpatrick on the field. And if Geno learns something, and puts his physical skills to use in an intelligent way, all the better.

Football51

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This works because of his experience with Gailey. I could definitely see the Jets in 2015 reach 2009/2010 levels with a better coaching staff, improved qb play, and a much better front seven on defense.

As for Geno, it's too soon to write him off. I could never call a second round pick a bust. At worst, he's a capable backup qb with a solid arm and + athleticism who can win games. I think in Gailey's offense, he'd look a lot more competent then he had in MM's offense. You also can't discount the fact that under Ryan, no qb's ever developed. Geno is signed through 2016 on the cheap. If he improves great. If not, we've got a backup for a couple of seasons.

Damien Woody @damienwoody · 2h2 hours ago

Think about it….biggest problem Jets have had has been turnovers. If you cut that in half, this team could be working w/ something #Jets

Damien Woody @damienwoody · 2h2 hours ago

Nobody is saying Fitz is the savior but yall wanted competition at the QB position right……RIGHT?!!

Damien Woody @damienwoody · 1h1 hour ago

Can I rant for a sec…..

Didn’t the #Jets get to back-to-back AFCCGs w/ just a ‘guy’ a QB?

Rex had 4 QBs during his tenure & developed ZERO! Is it possible that some of Geno’s flaws were a lack of development/weapons?!

It just amazes me how ppl are so ready to pull the plug on Geno. What was he working with? How was the coaching/development? I’ll wait…..

Some of yall acting like QBs grow on trees!!

Listening to Parcells on ESPNNY radio speaking truth re: Geno. Go check it out

I wish I knew what Parcells had to say about Geno.

U

ucrenegade

Fitzpatrick's passer rating was 2 points lower than Brady's. Geno's was 20.

Fitzpatrick had a 17TD/8INT ratio. Geno had a 13/13 ratio.

I'm not sure why there is such a narrative of Fitzpatrick being so awful. The team could do worse than having Fitzpatrick on the field. And if Geno learns something, and puts his physical skills to use in an intelligent way, all the better.

yeah and had his best years under gailey and jets are giving him better weapons than he had at buffalo.

F

flgreen

I am not sure how giving up a conditional 7th rounder is throwing a pick away. He is what he is...a QB that is a step above a journeyman. A QB that will manage the game and not turn over the ball too much and a QB that had a 63% completion percentage in 12 games last year. And a career completion percentage just over 60%

that's worthy of a 7th round pick next year

It will most likely be a 6th, but I agree

Jet Fan RI

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I am not sure how giving up a conditional 7th rounder is throwing a pick away. He is what he is...a QB that is a step above a journeyman. A QB that will manage the game and not turn over the ball too much and a QB that had a 63% completion percentage in 12 games last year. And a career completion percentage just over 60%

that's worthy of a 7th round pick next year

Step above? The Jets are the guy's 6th team. A journeyman he is. But that's OK. We needed one.

Jet Fan RI

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
The guy also had a top-10 passer rating, and had more than twice as many TDs as INTs last year.

Hey. I'm not saying being a journeyman is a bad thing. Fitz reminds me a bit of Jim Plunkett. And he won a SB, after being in the league for something like 10 years. We should be so lucky if Fitz can turn out to do something like that.

U

ucrenegade

Still need protection from the OL and our OL was not that good!

gaileys oc days in buffalo the oline was a strength even though they had a bunch of nobodies that is why gailey is so good at oc he designs the offense around being able to get rid of the ball fast or to move the pocket so he takes less sacks.

U

ucrenegade

22 times fitz was sacked under gailey

28 times geno has been sacked

F

flgreen

Didn't hear the actual interview, but I know he feels it's too early to give up on the kid . . .

Parcells the commentator feels that way. Parcells the HC would have thrown him to the curb after his rookie season. Parcells hated QB's who turned the ball over.

L

Lakerfan80

Fitzgerald is just the type of QB I wanted the Jets to bring in, an old vet, former starter who's had some success. He is capable of having a career year, especially with the talent that will surround him. I think this move gets us a step closer to one of the six playoff spots.

S

sg3

Note to sarge

My dislike for Genobust is based on watching him stink as a rookie and then watching him.learm.nothing and actually stink.worse. I will no longer be deluded into hoping this pile of garbage can be a good NFL. QB with the usual baloney about better OCs better weapons etc

Thankfully we no lomger have imbecile coaches who. "Believe in.or have faith in him.and have taken.a first positive step in.Fitz and probably another in.the draft ....Grayson or Petty.
.if Mariota is gone....to.finally rid the Jets of the disaster known.as Geno

U

ucrenegade

Don't really post mostly a lurker. How can anyone not like this move? At the very worst we now have a very good back-up QB for a 7th round pick next year.

It is training camp completion plain and simple. He is a smart veteran who can run the offense at hand. If he wins the job so be it. He will probably be a middle of the road QB like he has been most of his career. He will throw more TDs than INTs and keep us in games. After the last several years I welcome that at the QB position. Think about how many games this team fell behind and everyone knew the game was over.

Hopefully, we find a young QB in this draft that we can develop or maybe Geno can finally put it together. Either way having a steady albeit unspectacular QB can only help this team develop.

welcome feel free to post more the more the merrier they say.